Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any fool these days knows that meal planning is the way forward when cash is tight. She has never done a weekly meal plan with shopping list, just pointless “haul” shopping trips showing £20s worth of maize snacks and expired yellow sticker salad for sb whilst she eats eats LJC’s Waitrose cheese

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I think the encrusted deteriorating fake string of pearls plant might hold the key to saving the oceans from microplastics going by the visible decay beneath it's grease veil. But in times of slop we have to think of the sewers too and maybe Vlad's reassuring me here that the technology is out there to protect the infrastructure of the nation.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Food is her love language? Food is the first place she chooses to budget more like. Goodness knows how this charlatan has made her career, she won't know good food if it smacked her in the face!

Reactions: 41
Some of my friends are from Southend. One of their relatives used to date Jack (apparently she was a nightmare and an inconsistent liar - don't know any more details than that and I've never met or spoken to the relative myself)

Anyway, my boyfriend hates Jack with a passion and the most interested he's ever been in Tattle is when he went through these threads with me last night. He got me to help him navigate the 200+ you lot have written and patiently went through the Jackisms to get acquainted with the lingo. His personal favourite post was the ranked list of Jack's personalities lol
Have you got a link to that post?

If autismo Jack makes a comeback with her bleeping superpower I might have a coronary.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
A cutting of a grapevine would take a long time to grow and mature enough to fruit, they also take work and knowledge
It’s something like 3-5 years to go from rooted cutting to producing fruit. And that’s with expert care and optimal conditions. I imagine yielding bags and bags of fruit would take much longer. I looked into a grape vine for my conservatory, read a bit, thought nah stuff that, got a spider plant and a punnet of grapes from Asda. I know my limits 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Ugh!!! Why is it all so totally horrible? Who eats like that? Who seriously thinks...lets mash up bacon and beans and anchovies and loads of other weird stuff. It's.... it's a joke, isn't it?
It absolutely is a joke, when the person producing these student worthy concoctions considers themselves a literal food expert.

Reactions: 37
It absolutely is a joke, when the person producing these student worthy concoctions considers themselves a literal food expert.
The students where I live wouldn’t go near that. Based on what they are buying when I stand behind them in the Tesco metro express they know a) what goes together and b) what is filling enough to get them through a day just being ummm…. alive.

Reactions: 30
She is an out and out liar! I know that is not shocking news for anyone here but she just types in any old shite and people lap it up. Gingerly tip toeing back? Mark Zuckerberg has been offline more than her.

What a strange, strange world.

Oh and Jack, the whole vinegar/wine thing. I could be wrong but I read that as you were going to make wine and ask your mum and dad to keep it for you for later? If I have read that correctly, please get yourself in the nearest bin. You’ve broadcast your alcoholism to anyone and everyone on the social media you’ve been “largely avoiding” but still want to have some wine tucked away for later on? You can’t play at being in recovery, criticise the “addicts” here who have been honest about their own recovery just in case anyone who might think they need AA is put off my your strange behaviour and then blatantly aren’t honest in all your affairs, still talk about yourself first and foremost snd have never given even a hint of helping anyone.

One day at a time Jack but come on.

And just for today I will try and stay away from liars, grifters and anyone who interferes with my karma. I will stay away until I can remind myself that if silly people on the Internet want to believe a random who hoodwinks them with fake poverty, fake tastiness and fake living then that’s up to them - I will accept the things I cannot change and find courage to change the things I can.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
It’s something like 3-5 years to go from rooted cutting to producing fruit. And that’s with expert care and optimal conditions. I imagine yielding bags and bags of fruit would take much longer. I looked into a grape vine for my conservatory, read a bit, thought nah stuff that, got a spider plant and a punnet of grapes from Asda. I know my limits 😂
Exactly, the right temperature, lots of water and food, correct training, correct pruning, none of this bung it in business she’s so fond of 🙄

Reactions: 23
She is an out and out liar! I know that is not shocking news for anyone here but she just types in any old shite and people lap it up. Gingerly tip toeing back? Mark Zuckerberg has been offline more than her.

What a strange, strange world.

Oh and Jack, the whole vinegar/wine thing. I could be wrong but I read that as you were going to make wine and ask your mum and dad to keep it for you for later? If I have read that correctly, please get yourself in the nearest bin. You’ve broadcast your alcoholism to anyone and everyone on the social media you’ve been “largely avoiding” but still want to have some wine tucked away for later on? You can’t play at being in recovery, criticise the “addicts” here who have been honest about their own recovery just in case anyone who might think they need AA is put off my your strange behaviour and then blatantly aren’t honest in all your affairs, still talk about yourself first and foremost snd have never given even a hint of helping anyone.

One day at a time Jack but come on.

And just for today I will try and stay away from liars, grifters and anyone who interferes with my karma. I will stay away until I can remind myself that if silly people on the Internet want to believe a random who hoodwinks them with fake poverty, fake tastiness and fake living then that’s up to them - I will accept the things I cannot change and find courage to change the things I can.
You are bang on about the SM break (I don’t have any experience of AA so I leave that to those who have) and your last paragraph has exactly the right sentiment of what I think she is making lots of us feel.

We cannot change her, we can change the way we react to her. ❤.

Sending hugs 🤗.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Seeing this, no tit, am pretty sure that even yours truly could do better than this. That looks bleeping rank. And it all looks so sad and boring, it's what food looks like when there is literally nothing else left in the fridge. It's almost concerning, like she can't manage to even get the shopping in at the mo. And the preparation, even the way she's chopped up the...think it's lettuce...in clumps rather than strips, is half-arsed. So lettuce with beens and no sauce, no *thing* tying it together? - and apparently that was for two? - that can't be right?

Reactions: 29
Seeing this, no tit, am pretty sure that even yours truly could do better than this. That looks bleeping rank. And it all looks so sad and boring, it's what food looks like when there is literally nothing else left in the fridge. It's almost concerning, like she can't manage to even get the shopping in at the mo. And the preparation, even the way she's chopped up the...think it's lettuce...in clumps rather than strips, is half-arsed. So lettuce with beens and no sauce, no *thing* tying it together? - and apparently that was for two? - that can't be right?
It had goop, anchovy sour cream dressing, vinegar, chilli oil, none of which remotely go together, does she just pick random words out of a hat and think oofft that’ll do?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
It had goop, anchovy cream, vinegar, chilli oil, none of which remotely go together, does she just pick random word out of a hat and think oofft that’ll do?
Maybe she has a word search puzzle book and uses that for inspiration?

Sorry to hear she's getting to you again @LennyBriscoe She just doesn't care about the damage she does whatsoever and does AA, and the recovery process in general, a huge disservice

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
It had goop, anchovy sour cream dressing, vinegar, chilli oil, none of which remotely go together, does she just pick random words out of a hat and think oofft that’ll do?
But even so, even though they all sound minging, if they were to be these great ingredients tying it all together, they're applied so sparingly - the lettuce and the beans are sitting there loosely on the plate, no thing connecting one with the other. Beans are great, lettuce is great - but not plain beans on a plate with plain lettuce and no additional, abundant flavour to tie the two together because that is so, so boring.

Reactions: 27
Maybe she has a word search puzzle book and uses that for inspiration?

Sorry to hear she's getting to you again @LennyBriscoe She just doesn't care about the damage she does whatsoever and does AA, and the recovery process in general, a huge disservice
Would they be concerned if they were aware of her campaign of disinformation?

Reactions: 15
I kind of thought this too but the way she’s written the Greek characters on the label give away the fact that she’s nicked it straight off google translate rather than being the multilingual polymath she wants people to assume she is. And so even an apparently sincere idea gives me hateful feelings 🤷🏻‍♀️
Tbf (omg what have I become?) Greek is a difficult language to write and many people can speak it well enough but aren’t fluent in text / reading

ETA I meant difficult to write for those who haven’t grown up using that alphabet, obviously it’s not difficult to write for actual Greek people

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I can not think of a single time I’ve had random single withered bits of veg, half an avocado etc in the fridge when I’ve not used the rest of it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 18
Goop 🤮

I really struggle to read her captions. They remind me of kids being introduced to thesaurus on Word for the first time, thinking their school work now sounds so much more sophisticated having used 17 different words in place of “great”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.