Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She always says sheā€™s just drifting off when she claims to have done something sheā€™s not actually done and needs time to suss the lie out!
I am amazed she can go straight to sleep after clogging up your insides with that maggoty creation. Id be throwing up all night at the thought of the grub like beans.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ohhhhh no, to those who šŸ™ reacted my last post re: my dog. Sheā€™s fine! Course of antibiotics, some probiotic paste and muscle relaxants and she was actually running around that afternoon. I swear she just waited until the weekend to feel fancy and go to the posh hospital that our regular refers you to OOH. Ā£196 to walk through the chuffing door šŸ™„ she kept the bill just low enough to not warrant claiming on her insurance whilst ensuring that I would be eating nothing but toast all of November. Iā€™ll have to try a few of the bootstrap recipes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
I love salads. But dear hearts, it is autumn now. And a chilly one at that. Perhaps a salad with lambs lettuce, pursalane or mizuna (fancy, I know), some shredded red cabbage, roasted pumpkin or beetroot, finely sliced fennel and toasted walnuts or pumpkin seeds. Lighlty dressed with a dressing made with olive oil, orange juice, agave or maple syrup, salt and pepper. That's the type of salad for this season. And no dish should ever contain deep fried tomatoes (unless they are battered green tomatoes, but that's a whole other thing).

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Tbf (omg what have I become?) Greek is a difficult language to write and many people can speak it well enough but arenā€™t fluent in text / reading

ETA I meant difficult to write for those who havenā€™t grown up using that alphabet, obviously itā€™s not difficult to write for actual Greek people
Mate she reckons sheā€™s a 2nd generation immigrant
The Greek alphabet has less letters than the Latin one and some of them are identical

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Would they be concerned if they were aware of her campaign of disinformation?
2 pages behind so not sure if anyone has said this but part of the traditions is maintaining anonymity at levels of press, radio, and films which is why youā€™ll never have an ā€œAA representativeā€ comment on say, the booze tax cuts in the budget, or have an AA biopic in film? Similarly why youā€™ll never get well people writing the content Jack does, because when youā€™re well you respect the traditions and wouldnā€™t want to put AA in jeopardy like that. So itā€™ll always be a case of the emptiest vessels make the loudest noise, although with that said Iā€™ve read some amazing recovery stories from authors but they always focus on their own chaos & how they recovered with AA just being a minor ā€œand then I attended a meeting a dayā€ rather than the plot point itself, as it is for JM. Even writing my biopic comments (Iā€™m so sorry) thereā€™s been times Iā€™ve wanted to correct her with examples but refrained as itā€™s in breach of the yellow card rule!

Re what sheā€™s doing, itā€™s always challenging when anyoneā€™s behaviour makes a meeting not a safe space. Personally I wouldnā€™t feel safe in a meeting with her & would choose not to share lest my words end up in the guardian the week later (or was it 5 days?) and I would flag this concern to the secretary to safeguard people as they say gossip kills. But itā€™s challenging as they canā€™t ban someone off the back of just this, they would likely gently, softly request that they acknowledge the yellow card rule and not share what they hear here (or what they think of everyone in attendance) but they canā€™t police someoneā€™s entire life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
2 pages behind so not sure if anyone has said this but part of the traditions is maintaining anonymity at levels of press, radio, and films which is why youā€™ll never have an ā€œAA representativeā€ comment on say, the booze tax cuts in the budget, or have an AA biopic in film? Similarly why youā€™ll never get well people writing the content Jack does, because when youā€™re well you respect the traditions and wouldnā€™t want to put AA in jeopardy like that. So itā€™ll always be a case of the emptiest vessels make the loudest noise, although with that said Iā€™ve read some amazing recovery stories from authors but they always focus on their own chaos & how they recovered with AA just being a minor ā€œand then I attended a meeting a dayā€ rather than the plot point itself, as it is for JM. Even writing my biopic comments (Iā€™m so sorry) thereā€™s been times Iā€™ve wanted to correct her with examples but refrained as itā€™s in breach of the yellow card rule!

Re what sheā€™s doing, itā€™s always challenging when anyoneā€™s behaviour makes a meeting not a safe space. Personally I wouldnā€™t feel safe in a meeting with her & would choose not to share lest my words end up in the guardian the week later (or was it 5 days?) and I would flag this concern to the secretary to safeguard people as they say gossip kills. But itā€™s challenging as they canā€™t ban someone off the back of just this, they would likely gently, softly request that they acknowledge the yellow card rule and not share what they hear here (or what they think of everyone in attendance) but they canā€™t police someoneā€™s entire life.
Surely though, if sheā€™s attending these meetings and not making it up (which is 50/50 at the moment) the group leader has a responsibility towards the people in the group for their welfare. Iā€™m thinking about how I would feel if I had shared with the group and JM just decided to either put it in a tweet or a diva.pdf for her own gain and sympathy from people. There must be hundreds of ā€˜famousā€™ people in rehab or group meetings that we donā€™t know about as they choose not to broadcast it and itā€™s in the rules not to. People will stop attending, imagine going and taking that first step and being overpowered by Jack and her steady stream of narcissism, her experiences are worst - I can imagine the leader needing an eye roll reaction as she continually pushes her narrative whenever theyā€™re asked for someone to tell their story. I would never share a thing with Jack in the group as quite simply sheā€™d take the story and make it her own on Twitter for attention.

One things for certain though, if that AA group had a group chat I would bloody love to be in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Hello, if you are comfortable answewring, what is an 'AA biopic' and what is 'the yellow card rule'? I tried googling the first question but not the second. Thank you for all your sensible challenges of the riduclous stuff Jack writes. X

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Sorry Iā€™ve forgotten who said it during my grunk, but therapy is no use to a person who doesnā€™t engage, and as Jack is probably a narcissist she will have found a way to look like sheā€™s engaging yet all the while is hiding, protecting herself from letting anyone in and spinning tales loving the attention.
This is why it took her longer to complete the course than anyone else. Also at first we had ā€œlook at me! Happy place! Aparthotel! It was a few weeks before she went quiet. She co-opted ODAAT shortly after, kept up the odd SM appearance then worked up a grand unveiling of a new personality ā€œreflective Jackā€ simple joys, pebble circles at the beach - whilst lining up the Diva.pdf ā€œbig revealā€
Itā€™s all so contrived and calculated and I agree the nutrition course is both related to narc and ED love of owning and controlling food, and also career-adjacent without actually having to really address the issues in her career (I.e she would be better off learning to actually cook or write)

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Saw this and immediately thought of Jack, given her well-documented love of a) salad, b) filing things in lever arch files, and c) filling her 20 hour work days with pointless, time-consuming tasks nobody who was actually BUSY and in their right mind would entertain the notion of.

Screenshot_20211108-105727_Twitter.jpg

Hasn't she previously said how important it is to rinse your tinned beans thoroughly? (It isn't but I'm sure she was under this illusion fairly recently).
Yeah, at one stage she recommended rinsing tinned chickpeas to "get rid of the toxins." Now she just slings the whole can in, toxins and all!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.