Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Vlad, you cad

4FDC8D80-BE40-4C5C-BA07-388E38F1C3E6.jpeg

There’s a reason that when kids want to bake with their parents on a weekend it’s usually fairy cakes, sandwich cakes and flapjacks… because everyone likes them and they’re a treat for the days off school with some left over for Monday’s lunchbox.

But no, Jack has to make a heavy sponge pudding (that isn’t a bleeping cake, Jack), convinced that she’s a lone maverick genius while her kid is occupying himself or at his dad’s and she tweets for approval rather than, I dunno, seeing all these amazing friends she apparently made at therapy? She really hasn’t changed at all and she still can’t cook.

Also, 75g of sugar across two trays?? That’s not a dessert. It’s about the same as a McDonald’s burger bun ffs. I know you think you’re a nutritional therapist now, Jack, but part of eating is experiencing joy in food (see: your pal Ruby) and being able to let go and indulge without fear, not using it to exacerbate whatever issues around food you have. Ugh.

ETA - sorry, just noticed the THREE kettle ad posts above my own. Repetitive and late, just like our Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
I needed cheering up after yesterday's hospital visit. I am creased up with laughter...Oooft, that'll do!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I love the taking a picture of the cake saying it has worked when there are no bites out of it, no shots of the texture inside..... She's just such a bleeping con artist and everything she makes is garbage

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I have no idea why she has presented a wet turd in a tin and I never want to see it again.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
Oh Vlad, you cad

View attachment 850368

There’s a reason that when kids want to bake with their parents on a weekend it’s usually fairy cakes, sandwich cakes and flapjacks… because everyone likes them and they’re a treat for the days off school with some left over for Monday’s lunchbox.

But no, Jack has to make a heavy sponge pudding (that isn’t a bleeping cake, Jack), convinced that she’s a lone maverick genius while her kid is occupying himself or at his dad’s and she tweets for approval rather than, I dunno, seeing all these amazing friends she apparently made at therapy? She really hasn’t changed at all and she still can’t cook.

Also, 75g of sugar across two trays?? That’s not a dessert. It’s about the same as a McDonald’s burger bun ffs. I know you think you’re a nutritional therapist now, Jack, but part of eating is experiencing joy in food (see: your pal Ruby) and being able to let go and indulge without fear, not using it to exacerbate whatever issues around food you have. Ugh.

ETA - sorry, just noticed the THREE kettle ad posts above my own. Repetitive and late, just like our Jack.
I got so confused by my name being in your screenshot I thought I had written your post in a fugue state!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.