Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah prunes and sardines in one day, what a start to the weekend! Come on Jack, you know your maverick brain wants to combine them in a recipe... 😏

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Are prunes and apple sauce a thing? (From a less knowledgeable but still more knowledgeable than Jack Frau).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Riff
Louisa J Christ
Not that much flour for that much sloppy liquid. Looks like it has puffed up but it must be mushy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Why doesn’t she get that not every meal she makes needs to have a recipe (which won’t arrive)

I threw together a maple syrup sponge last Sunday for a quick pudding. Didn’t use a specific recipe, just a standard sponge cake with the syrup in the bottom. It was delicious but didn’t feel the need to plaster it on my socials. And I do put birthday cakes I have made for people online and various other things.

why a good writer takes this once and done attitude is beyond me.

Reactions: 39
One for the Scots among us:

Jobbie Jack is back with cack!

Ffs. It looks like constipation AND diarrhoea baked in a tin. It’s put me off my curry. 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I will do it. I’ll check the ingredients and attempt it when I get home…
You’ll be my Haus Frau of the year nomination for the sloppies!

also her recipe doesn’t make sense. Is it juice or syrup? Because prune juice over a cake sounds like a punishment.
If she really does make SB eat all this crap I hope he writes a memoir when he is older

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
In tribute to prune cake Shades of Brown

Shades of brown
Texture like slop
Gets me down
With a case of the runs
Throughout the night, Cramps l must fight
Always a frown with shades of brown

Every time, just like the last
My poor guts they want To blast
To distant lands takes both my hands

Always a frown with shades of brown
Always a frown with shares of brown
Always a frown with shades brown

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I’ve currently got COVID and that cake makes me grateful for my temporary loss of taste.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.