Jack Monroe #217 Fishi Sunak

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont think she should have written this article right now. Shes still in recovery and in very early days.

Her judgement might be clearer than it was but she still has a long way to go. Recovery from anything does not happen after a few weeks, its takes years.

Shes building a way to recovery but she still needs to work on herself. She needs to stop needing everyone else to make her feel anything about herself, she needs to OWN her tit and work on how past mistakes have let her down, she needs to stop the pity partying and actually make herself a decent role model for herself and her kid. We are one entity in her life, she can ignore us and carry on using us as an excuse is just that an excuse to ignore her own bad behaviour.
I thought it was quite telling that her road to recovery involved ignoring one group of people's impression of her, only to slip into another group's narrative (the 'Mother Hen'). I mean first of all those are brand new people who she imagines she can start again with and second of all, she should really be concentrating not on what other people think of her, but what's within herself.

Re. her parents, it's darkly amusing that in the piece she talks about 'coming out' to them as gay / pregnant / transgender but it was her "vegan years" for which she received their "unwavering support".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
She'd undoubtedly had hard times but what she really needs treatment for is the social media addiction. She has no need to be wandering through gossip forums - people online gossip about just about every celeb/vaguely famous person out there. I'd be gutted if people were talking like this about me, too. But I wouldn't look for it. And I think I do recognise my own faults. I'm not sure Jack is capable of accepting her mistakes.

I'm glad she's doing uni/work on herself. I hope the 'alcoholism' story isn't just a replacement for the 'pov story' though. She needs to work on it for the rest of her life, not just use it to sell articles/talks etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I thought it was quite telling that her road to recovery involved ignoring one group of people's impression of her, only to slip into another group's narrative (the 'Mother Hen'). I mean first of all those are brand new people who she imagines she can start again with and second of all, she should really be concentrating not on what other people think of her, but what's within herself.

Re. her parents, it's darkly amusing that in the piece she talks about 'coming out' to them as gay / pregnant / transgender but it was her "vegan years" for which she received their "unwavering support".
The whole piece bascially says that what people think of her is important much more important than her nearest and dearest.

I mean searching for negative tweets, reading a site which she believes is against her ( when in reailty we just make her own her tit) popping up in untagged threads to cause pile on with those who disagree with her, all the while ignoring her partner, son and family and friends.

She craves validation from strangers her own families opinions dont seem to matter. Well thats the impression i got.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Morning Charles and welcome. Thanks for coming along and breaking the darkness that had fallen after Jacks article landed. This thread is usually full to the brim of absolute comedy so just head back to the last thread and have a giggle, you’ll also find yourself mentioned there. Can we claim you as our own now? Are you...
tbh y'all seem a little more invested in a stranger's tit than i've got time for (too busy with amazing projects like sardine calendars and drawing butts), but i wish you all a great weekend. hi jack, again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Something that really made me laugh was “walking around the garden” of her parents’ home. They’ve done well to go from a kitchen that was a plank of wood across a staircase to a garden large enough for perambulation!

Obviously we all get annoyed with Jack’s constant woe-is-me-ing when it comes to her vast privilege of a lovely home and low-effort/high-paid jobs. But the tit she puts on her family is just so graceless. There are so many people of her age who have no parents, or have been cut off by family for whatever reason, or have to care for their parents, or support them financially (not for sympathy but for e.g. I spent a recent weekend in my v. mentally unwell mum’s home trying to tackle a persistent rodent problem caused by her inability to care for herself or her home).

She has financially stable, physically proximate and caring parents. Of course they’ll have issues, Philip Larkin didn’t write his poem for nothing. But even now, they’re still just a narrative device for her: a support system, a way to illustrate how she’s been adrift for years. Same with her poor kid. But it was all of her own making and her own choice. So many people would kill to have even one parent who could help them out.

Even in this stage of supposed recovery she can’t show gratitude. Bodes well for future Tattle lolz but not for her recovery, sadly.
Yep! The privilege of being geographically close as people haven’t had to move away from high cost of living areas, the privilege of having a huge 5 bed house you can all congregate in (which opens up activities outside of restaurants and holidays, therefore increases frequency), and especially when kids are involved and you want more frequent contact for their benefit - the privilege of not having to cover both yours and MIL/aunties’ costs, etc etc. Not having to support siblings financially too, and emotionally if your parents are dead/tit. She is SO wildly privileged and that’s not even considering all the free childcare that’s documented over their social medias…..

• Heart
Reactions: 49
guy who made the sardine calendar here, i hereby give permission to jack to make an advent calendar of whatever she wants, as i did not invent the concept of stupid advent calendars
I'm so glad amidst the Titmas chaos this has been cleared up. I take it I've got your permission to make a 100% vegan calendar containing only root veg peelings. Thankspaceyou.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
tbh y'all seem a little more invested in a stranger's tit than i've got time for (too busy with amazing projects like sardine calendars and drawing butts), but i wish you all a great weekend. hi jack, again.
thanks for dropping by and thanks for the calender info. Have a great weekend

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Sadly she just keeps feeding us. We've always said these threads would die a death if she could stop with the constant stream of BS. We're all *hoping* for it! Then we too can invest our time on more worthy things, like butt drawing and advent calendar design.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
There’s not much to say about the article beyond what’s already been said.

What I will say is Jack’s comments in the article makes clear how dreadfully ill-advised her sobriety tell all (a week after she first stopped drinking) in the Guardian was; something Fraus have been saying for more than a year.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Fair enough, many came for the slop and stayed for the comedy, it seems a little cult like and yeah it probs is, but it’s mostly magnificent and sardine free. Good luck with your fishy and bottom ventures, it was nice you popped in.

as i said, i did not invent the concept of stupid advent calendars
I must say though Charles, for a newbie you certainly got a hang of this site quick sharp...have you ever driven a taxi 🚖?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
No shade to Charles ofc (who isn’t in Britain anyway so less immediately relevant to him) but personally I’m so invested because this is a person who is advising government, think tanks and charities on policy, on the basis of a fabricated past in poverty.

Too many threads on Tattle are solely focused on calling people fat and ugly. There, I said it. But this is literal life or death stuff that she is cashing in on. Anyway we all know this but I’m uncomfortable with the idea that we’re just obsessed weirdos and for new readers I want to clarify my position.

And if she happens to sound adenoidal as she’s lying her tit off, then so be it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
So, we didn't get Titmas but we did get a visit from Sardine Advent Calendar guy?

the-office-win-win.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I'm not here because Jack has lip fillers or she's adenoidal or can't cook, or even because she had a mare on DKL. I'm here because she lies to make money. She takes other people's reality of living in grinding poverty to enrich herself. She lies about so many things, which makes real sufferers of those conditions look like fakers too and I can't bear it. I'm not interested in Jack's life, although I am a little concerned for her young son, I am only interested in exposing her damaging lies

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.