Jack Monroe #217 Fishi Sunak

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
guy who made the sardine calendar here, i hereby give permission to jack to make an advent calendar of whatever she wants, as i did not invent the concept of stupid advent calendars
I hope you’ll stay. Were you aware of Jack before all the fishy bullshit?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Speaking of children and therapy I'm fairly sure as a child I would need it myself after

my mother completely wallowed after her pet of a few weeks had died. And took herself off on holiday all the while declaring things like she would never be happy again, the kitten had been her only source of joy and she had nothing to live for.

😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Many many moons ago, someone here said that they had no idea where any other celebrity “chef” lived. Not a clue. I think this sums up everything about our issue here. Her addiction is as much to social media and the internet as it is to substance. We, the people, don’t need her location details (even obliquely, such as the collecting tennis balls story - we aren’t stalkers but a real one would be at her door about two hours after that post). We don’t need her awful singing, we definitely don’t need saviour Jack monetising BLM posts and the sorry saga of the kitten. We don’t need gay/straight/gay/trans/gay/NB Jack hijacking an issue and podcasts and mainstream media articles, when other, genuine voices have no outlet.

To be fair, we don’t need her mangled recipes either but at least that was/is her “job” and plenty of people do seem to like her food content. Look at the crowd funder started yesterday.

Anyway - if she was drinking as much as she professes, then it would absolutely stink and be coming out of her pores. Her son may have mentioned in passing that she was not well or some such thing. It is 100% likely that any referral to social services has come from a close personal contact or from an educational setting.

The article is self serving nonsense. Her problems stem with her, not here. We didn’t make three fiancés leave. We didn’t make her rubbish at live presenting - as has been said, her pre-records are better so why torture yourself with Insta lives? We didn’t pretend to be working class and have a poor or deprived upbringing. We didn’t pretend to be a struggling single mum when the supportive father was very much there in the background all along.

I won’t beat myself up over her poor behaviour and excuse making. It’s been years in the making. I supported her with her food bank scheme and I tried her recipes along with (and still) supporting much of her political output. But I cannot support her real, unsanitised behaviour. I won’t excuse her taking money off vulnerable people with sympathy posts, when she has sock puppet accounts bemoaning Ocado deliveries after the M&S takeover. Or pretending to live off £20 a week whilst eating asparagus and posh cheese. I cannot agree with rocking up at the Tory party conference for any amount of money/expenses, joining a Tory think tank, then be deriding them with every given opportunity.

In short (because, let’s face it, we could all write three thousand word essays on this sort of nonsense) - there is way too much water under the bridge for one pity party article to make me sympathetic now. That ship has sailed.

• Heart
Reactions: 98
That jumped out at me too. An interviewer could at least ask supplementary questions… probe Jack’s version of events a bit. Writing an essay like this just gives Jack carte blanche to be as flowery and dramatic with the retelling as she likes. Which is typical Jack, as we know.

The paragraph about falling off the wagon is just ridiculous.

View attachment 835107
One thing it seems Jack can do, at least, is write flowery bollocks for magazine articles. There's decent money in that to be honest.

Reactions: 40
I'm sure she's very smug and on a narc high at the moment with her article attacking us. But this could backfire spectacularly for her. Send people here for starters, and it will. And now thread #217 is turning into a beautifully explained condensed collection, of all her behaviours and lies. Which will remain permanently for all to see.

In future we can refer new members to the wiki and this thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Just to clear up something on the university course. If it is a course approved by the OFS, which most are, she won’t have to pay any fees up front, she’ll be paying back after she graduates. If the course is classed as full time she’d have the chance to apply for a maintenance loan. 5 years seems to me like it’s part time, so maintenance loan for that would be dependent on a few other things but still potentially available. Also someone wrote ‘validated’ like this, almost trying to imply that this is less of a course than anything else (there are nutrition courses all over the place, it could be any of them by the say) Many many university courses are validated by other organisations and it definitely doesn’t imply anything of lesser quality, it’s just the way a lot of organisations work. Plus also mature students don’t always need the same entry quals if they have been doing work that’s even slightly relevant, and whatever we think of them, writing cookbooks would be relevant enough to a nutrition degree.
Grunking, so not sure where this will land, but am very cross with Jack about this, it's a classic 'look at me doing a BIG THING' when it might actually be useful to signpost the route to a degree for people who don't have much in the way of formal qualifications to start. I love Kerry Hudson's memoir Lowborn for a lot of reasons, but not least because of the way it highlights the possibility of change through small steps. B Tecs are hardly ever mentioned in discussions about education, but they can be life changing / life saving. A lot of people will not be in the position of thinking that they could do a '5 year degree' - why not highlight the first step, the one you're actually on, because it could be seen as accessible?
ALSO: as the Trifle Defender pointed out at the time of that godawful New Statesman article, anyone who spends a lot of time on Twitter can't really complain about dreadful online bullying sites and the trolls who lurk there.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
See, the black eye situation meant she went to hospital. If that had happened whilst she was under the influence, the presence of alcohol would have been detected and or admitted to by Jack during her hospital admission. And it would go on record. Along with the fact that she may have been alone with a child when it happened. So it might have been medical staff. That might also have induced anyone close to her to read her tweets about SB watching over her which would then prompt a course of action which could have led to her being reported. Equally it could have been a tattler or someone who reads but isn't a member.

She can't admit that she was in the wrong and may have put her child in danger, instead she focuses her rage on people who were concerned for the vulnerable minors in her care (SB, Kitten). If she was truly on the road to recovery, she would hold up her hands to these facts and admit she had done wrong and elaborate how to address these issues properly. She could go to rehab every day for a decade but I don't think she will ever get it because I Me Mine is foremost in Jack's head.
Thats the thing,
i know alcoholics cannot help lit but i hate to think of her son being surrounded by her drunk or pilled up all the time. It was really unfair to him.
I rarely drink when my kids are around and will only have a few glasses as i feel they dont need too see me drunk.
The report doesnt show any remorse for what she put the kid through it just says he was happy to have his mum back and bless him i bet he he was but she doesnt say, im sorry i was like this and wasnt there for him or something to that regard. That breaks my heart tbh!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Just been having a nosey into sardine twitter. No wonder Jack likes it there.

E-IkJJjXoAI2FvL.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
tbh this thing was super easy to make: i've posted the PDF, the boxes I used, and the rest is buying sardines and packing tape. she can get to work like anybody else
You’re really not very aware of her body of work, are you?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
tbh this thing was super easy to make: i've posted the PDF, the boxes I used, and the rest is buying sardines and packing tape. she can get to work like anybody else
Well, she’s got the sardines!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Just been having a nosey into sardine twitter. No wonder Jack likes it there.

Completely OT (we need it sometimes, sorry Poca), but Miguel was making scrambled eggs yesterday and apparently his wife likes them undercooked. Hers looked like that.

Needless to say his son’s and his were “proper” scrambled eggs.

No tinned fish were opened in Miguel’s breakfast.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Will you be branching out other advent calendars in the future or just sardine ones?

I like the concept but unfortunately not a fan of fish. Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
For any potential new members wondering why the saintly anti poverty slayer of the Hopkins dragon has 217 threads on Tattle, just check this thread because everyone is putting it perfectly!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.