Jack Monroe #216 What a life. What a strange, glorious, unimaginable life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t wait for fish jack to be over. I can feel it all repeating on me and I haven’t eaten a sardine in years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I think I have found the niche mackies trying to get into, here’s one of their recipes

Pastry in animal shapes, made of rice flour and eggs, filled with jam and served in a hot pink broth spiked with a few drops of Italian eau de Cologne.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So duty on booze is down. But taxes are up. Forgive my Latin, but
Usque ad mortem bibendum
Springs to mind.

Apparently the lower waged are meant to be profiting from tax changes

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Same! My Mum used to give it to me in sandwiches 🤢 Spewing thinking about it now 🤣
My mum used to get a whole ( uncooked) ox tongue from butchers and cook it a home.....used to have it as part of the Christmas buffet 🤢 she did grow up during the war though, so that's my excuse

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Huge LOL if Jack took a dinosaur nap and missed Rishmate's budget
It’s so fast paced it’s hard to keep up isn’t it, can’t imagine Jack will be able to divide two numbers in between bullet points.

Honest Q is the change to the UC taper any good? I have no first hand experience with UC but it feels like it could help single mums who want to return to work make it more financially tenable?

Reactions: 21
Too BUSY taking a photo of her latest plate of sardines on toast (plus checking out which tweets she can plagiarise).
Maybe she’s got stuck at her child size desk? Maybe the constant fish have taken their toll and she’s stuck in the loo.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Why is she making what i assume is gravy with chunky veg?
I thought chunky veg was for casseroles and or tray bake
She should have roasted the veg with the spices , when she was cooking the chicken, ( would have given them much more flavour and more authentic Middle Eastern dish ) then no need to use the fancy induction hob

Reactions: 20
It’s so fast paced it’s hard to keep up isn’t it, can’t imagine Jack will be able to divide two numbers in between bullet points.

Honest Q is the change to the UC taper any good? I have no first hand experience with UC but it feels like it could help single mums who want to return to work make it more financially tenable?
Yes and no, if childcare was in any way affordable, in theory it could help.

21463284-30B6-41C2-9712-2603634387F9.jpeg

Dirty knife.

8A1844EB-5A8D-4817-AE9B-601BF5237980.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Yes and no, if childcare was in any way affordable, in theory it could help.

View attachment 831097
Dirty knife.
And tbh childcare is also a nightmare to arrange & sustain with illnesses, it’s one thing having the comfort and security of a salaried job and needing to take days off for norovirus it’s another when you’ve messed up a rota so the manager likely won’t be as generous again. But feels like something Jack should do a deep dive on once she’s found the source material tweet from Owen Jones’ likes 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

I mean yes it’s good, it will mean an extra 8p per hour worked on the hours which are tapered. I don’t think it’s brilliant. The extra £20 per week = 250 8p’s

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.