Jack Monroe #216 What a life. What a strange, glorious, unimaginable life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yum! Sounds amazing. God i love chicken. My secret dream is to open one of those rotisserie shops where the chickens rotate in the window with the fat dripping down on the potatoes underneath like you see in Paris. With a weekly rotation of different types of seasonal salads and homemade dips. Why doesn't this exist already?
That sounds amazing.

I'm waiting on sushi Jack. Has she gone Japanese yet?
I can only imagine. Long grain rice because all rice is the same. Tinned sardines and mayo inside. Malt vinegar because vinegar is vinegar is vinegar. All wrapped in banana peel or something.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Damn, my wonky brain forgot to get Opal Fruits for the occasion. Would slow cooking some Skittles work?

Send doggos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Lebanese food is my favourite, even the simplest dishes are beautifully flavourful.

I am mortally offended by Jackie’s homage. Please can we cancel her? People have been cancelled for less.

Try topping with an egg.

"Should serve four, frequently does not in my household"

Nor mine, perhaps for different (egg topping pic aesthetic) reasons
Because it’ll put you off food for life I expect?
A85D215D-9041-4482-B46F-E52109E7468B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
To boil all the flavour and texture out of them of course!

Artichoke oil would be better than vegetable oil on the salad also.
Jack, I'm going to die on this hill: the oil in jars is a salty, preservative-added preservative and not suitable for chucking into pans, so-called vinaigrette dressings!

I just viewed a recipe requiring blending a can of corn and its "juices" with milk. The details are blurry as I ran away to find an egg to top

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Try topping with an egg.

"Should serve four, frequently does not in my household"

Nor mine, perhaps for different (egg topping pic aesthetic) reasons
Clicked through purely to find out what that was and look, she spends more time explaining how the poviest pov in fagan’s lair has ever eaten in a restaurant or been in contact with polenta than she does talking about the recipe! This wouldn’t have been that far away from her cringe selfie of dancing at the Groucho’s zoom night…? How is she not embarrassed of the lies & the idea of being taken out for dinner as some sort of performing monkey for the riches?

45077716-C110-4830-B376-C81BD062F261.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Hi kids are eating lunch before we have to go out again.

A burning question is our dear heart interviewing Rishi about the budget or is the bollocking happening on twitter sorry i mean void?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Screenshot_20211027-140813_Chrome.jpg

Fun fact: margarine, when produced, is white. Yellow food colouring is added to make it look like butter, which customers find more appetising. The depth of the colour has nothing to do with its quality.

Classic Jack.

PS the best oil in Jack's cupboard? The dregs of a tin of sardines.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Is anyone else watching BBC2? Live frau along to complement the luke warm centrist takes we’re about to get…?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.