Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why post it? Not for the first time, I know, but there's no recipe and no description of what it actually is, other than a swamp? There's literally no point to the post.

Here's some green stuff. No idea what it is, or what I put in it and I haven't got a recipe for it. But whatever, here's a photo anyway.

She's supposed to be a food writer?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Jack, when we said we wanted to see colour in your cooking, this isn't really what we meant.

Also, if she's eating that for 3 meals a day AND midnight snacks, she must be farting and shitting like nobody's business.

I spy BUTTER!
Not just any old butter, but butter cut into little flower (?) shapes! I guess she spent so long being unable to buy it 👉🥺👈 that she now likes to savour it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
It’s the lying!!! It can’t just taste nice (which I highly doubt because look at it for fucks sake), but has to be so delicious that she eats it for 8 meals straight.
Stop bloody lying!!!!!

and don’t get me started on the bleeping butter flowers. She’s a fanny

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Jack, when we said we wanted to see colour in your cooking, this isn't really what we meant.

Also, if she's eating that for 3 meals a day AND midnight snacks, she must be farting and shitting like nobody's business.

Not just any old butter, but butter cut into little flower (?) shapes! I guess she spent so long being unable to buy it 👉🥺👈 that she now likes to savour it.
Shitting green....

Imagine having voluntary luminous tit

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Eating the same dish four times a day, two days in a row is someone who hates food.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I don't know why she's being all coy over the recipe anyway, we already know it'll be the same old shite. Fry onions in a cold pan for 30 seconds, add a base of carrot and celery chopped teeny tiny smally small smol, transfer to slow cooker, add stock and the dregs of old salad bags from the back of the fridge, simmer for 8 hours, top with chickpeas/lentils and POBP. Oh, and put the whole lot through the Nutribullet at some stage. Ooft.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
I don't know why she's being all coy over the recipe anyway, we already know it'll be the same old shite. Fry onions in a cold pan for 30 seconds, add a base of carrot and celery chopped teeny tiny smally small smol, transfer to slow cooker, add stock and the dregs of old salad bags from the back of the fridge, simmer for 8 hours, top with chickpeas/lentils and POBP. Oh, and put the whole lot through the Nutribullet at some stage. Ooft.
Stop being ridiculous.

She would use at least five times as many ingredients.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My grandmothers are DEAD! but I know they would speak for all grandmothers and disapprove of both the snot bowl and the poor similie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Eating the same dish four times a day, two days in a row is someone who hates food.
Absolutely. I hate cooking, if I could eat one single thing that requires no preparation for the rest of my life that provided all the necessary nutrients etc. I would in a heartbeat (think space food or kibble :D ).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I've actually just had my first ever colonic and that bowl of green stuff is still the worst thing I've seen today.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
I don't t think I've ever had butter petals in my own home. Where would you even get them from? Is this a photo of a meal she's eaten out somewhere? I mean, I know her cutlery has those gold ends but the rest looks a bit staged for a teaser
She definitely wants people to ask about the butter flowers. There will be some really convoluted way of fashioning them I'm sure. #JacksHacks

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She definitely wants people to ask about the butter flowers. There will be some really convoluted way of fashioning them I'm sure. #JacksHacks
I think its a contraption similar to a cookie cutter. Its not very exciting and a complete waste of time.

Reactions: 26
Cheeky midnight snack for me would be Walkers cheese and onion crisps. Or some Cadbury’s wholenut. Or crumpets with butter (fancy) and marmite.
It would so NOT be pond slime 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.