Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Marmalade whenever Jack is being economical with la vérité:
giphy (29).gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Just posted to Instagram
Sorry but that's a load of bunkum. We live on benefits and our stuff
Can’t afford the luxury of insurance but can afford a brand new lawnmower, bikes, LOADS of camping equipment, etc.

Yeah, makes sense.

This has made me angry. Surely you’d want to have insurance if you were poor as it’s not so easy to just go out and buy replacements?!

The reality is she’s just a lazy fucker who can’t be bothered to get insurance, just like she can’t be bothered to file her accounts.
Exactly this. We have insurance BECAUSE we have a limited income and couldn't afford to replace stuff.
Just posted to Instagram
This makes me angry. Our stuff is insured simply because we couldn't afford to replace it if it was stolen or damaged.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
She makes me so cross! You do not get to speak for all people who have been poor. I have been poor and I’m not far off it now - I RENT! And I can assure you that contents insurance is top of my list as I wouldn’t be able to replace everything I own in a hurry. I don’t have a tip jar or public facing PayPal that I’m ready to dish out at a moments notice tho! Call me cynical but seems funny that this might be happening right before Christmas or right before she may or may not have a tax fine to pay!

Home Insurance | Buildings & Contents Insurance Quotes | Co-op (coop.co.uk)

Coop insurance is incredibly cheap. Cheaper than a bleeping sideboard, anyhow.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Can't afford contents insurance but will happily post tuck shop treats halfway round the world on a whim. Okay then.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
That was quite obviously in the OTHER shed. Or the garage. Or the attic. Or one of the two spare rooms. Or perhaps even the dining room? Cue @kachoochoo s triangle
I read that in your avatars voice.

His dark humour would make mince meat of her, good old bernard black.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She has no contents insurance because she was once poor? Give over!

Her phones and Mac are the ‘tools of her trade’ - whatever we may think of her output. If they get nicked, she’s stuffed. Unless, of course, she has sufficient funds stashed away to replace them.
It is not uncommon for bloggers to have third party liability insurance, especially food bloggers, since people might follow their recipes and fall ill.
Jack is unlikely to have that, obviously 🙄 but contents insurance is pretty run of the mill and ordinary. Which is why she doesn’t have it since she’s not ordinary or common. Ha.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Correct me if I'm wrong, don't most estate agents require you to prove you have contents insurance? everywhere I've ever RENTED has made me provide a policy number when handing over the keys. I remember desperately calling up Churchill in the car outside the office on moving day after I'd forgotten. I guess she could have let it lapse and not renew, but to claim she's never had it cos poor is ridiculous.
No this has not been the case anywhere I have rented in England.

Reactions: 11
I read that in your avatars voice.

His dark humour would make mince meat of her, good old bernard black.
🔺 but my accent isn’t massively dissimilar, just more feminine. My sense of humour isn’t far off either. BB is my spirit animal.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
can't find it now but she definitely said she had cameras around the outside of the house because of stalkers.

Always thought camera around the outside house deterred ones or else least she might get her stuff back soon

eta - though she never located the soap gifter so who knows :p
Back when the garage was a Panic Room instead of Bunny Buchenwald

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Don't worry, Johnny doesn't live with Jack. The last time she went out on ramble with him she made him drag a shopping trolley about on a magical path...
None of the stuff that Jack posts actually happens, someone probably knicked a lion rampant off her gate post or summat.
Maybe someone took something out of the communal skip?🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.