Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't she have some drama with SB being 'forgotten about' by the person meant to be collecting him, so she could never put him in childcare again after that?

I'd imagine if Jack did get her job through daddy, people would've been (rightly) annoyed tbh. I can see her trying to poke her nose in places she didn't need to, and making a nuisance of herself rather than concentrating on her actual £27000 per year job
There are so many variations on this story that it's impossible to know the truth.
This one says lots of her huge support network let her down, but in the immortal phrase - who bleeping knows?

Reactions: 25
She makes me so cross! You do not get to speak for all people who have been poor. I have been poor and I’m not far off it now - I RENT! And I can assure you that contents insurance is top of my list as I wouldn’t be able to replace everything I own in a hurry. I don’t have a tip jar or public facing PayPal that I’m ready to dish out at a moments notice tho! Call me cynical but seems funny that this might be happening right before Christmas or right before she may or may not have a tax fine to pay!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 103
Just posted to Instagram
That is a crappy thing to happen, and I do feel a little sorry for her. However, time and again here people have pointed out her lax attitude to security. That shed was never particularly secure from the photos she put up.

Reactions: 36
She makes me so cross! You do not get to speak for all people who have been poor. I have been poor and I’m not far off it now - I RENT! And I can assure you that contents insurance is top of my list as I wouldn’t be able to replace everything I own in a hurry. I don’t have a tip jar or public facing PayPal that I’m ready to dish out at a moments notice tho! Call me cynical but seems funny that this might be happening right before Christmas or right before she may or may not have a tax fine to pay!
Flashback to over a year ago (I think) when we were all on here telling her to get contents insurance.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
"Trying very hard to maintain my serenity" = shoutout to her tenuous sobriety.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
She's up early for a bit of tin rattling. Shameless. Did she dismantle her shed kitchen? And why didn't the landlord buy the lawnmower?

Hope the string of pearls fake plant is safe though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
That is a crappy thing to happen, and I do feel a little sorry for her. However, time and again here people have pointed out her lax attitude to security. That shed was never particularly secure from the photos she put up.
I hate myself for even questioning that it happened but everything that happens to Jack is ver boy who cried wolf

Can afford a brand new lawn mower but not contents insurance?
Sounds legit! Not like contents insurance can be had for about £6 a month.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
How is insurance the luxury here? Sounds as if it’s an essential lol 🤷🏻‍♀️

Considering she’s been posting her entry point locks for the best part of a year she is SO lucky they didn’t manage to get into the house! Honestly the stuff of nightmares!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Just posted to Instagram
"People who have been poor aren't in the habit of having luxuries like insurance."

That sentence doesn't make sense. Most people have had periods of poverty somewhere along the line. When they are poor they have few possessions so insurance doesn't seem worth it. However when you finally manage to get a job, become more financially solvent and start to buy possessions, surely you want to ensure they are protected. I live in a rented housing association studio flat, and I have insurance, I pay monthly and it is just a few pounds.

Insurance is not expensive when you have had a six figure sum for just one of many contracts you have had in a single year. It is certainly less per annum than a single trip on a sleeper train to Edinburgh, or a Smeg fridge freezer, or an aparthotel in Shoreditch, or....you get my drift.

This is just another attempt at begging to pay off the tax bill she has no money left for. It is obvious she spends the whole lot when she gets paid, without putting any aside for her commitments. Without doubt Jack was banking on Louisa and her comfortable income to help with the tax bill when it needed to be paid.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
Sounds like a 2-man and a van job. Hopefully someone in the street caught it on their video doorbell or something.

So soon after she got a bike for that other kid as well. Maybe the kindness she puts out into the world will be returned tenfold. Interesting that it's on a story aka no visible comments.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
How is insurance the luxury here? Sounds as if it’s an essential lol 🤷🏻‍♀️

Considering she’s been posting her entry point locks for the best part of a year she is SO lucky they didn’t manage to get into the house! Honestly the stuff of nightmares!
Especially after she broadcast to the world that she was away in both Edinburgh and London for lengthy periods. It was obvious the property was empty as she had also broadcast that SHE LEFT.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I suppose at least she admits that she only used to be poor. It's an awful thing to happen but if you've been poor and now are not surely insurance is a thing you would want to have

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Her priorities are weird. If she can afford a shed full of equipment like that (do these not count as “luxuries” then?), she can afford a few pounds per month for insurance.

Also, weren’t there some fairly horrific goings on in her home town lately? Bit tasteless to take to insta first thing Monday to moan about some bikes being pinched and how crappy her luck is

Horror of a person

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Who the duck buys a lawnmower just as winter is beginning and the lawn doesn’t even need mowing?! I don’t even have a garden and I know that. What happened to no-spend year, Jack?

Also hasn’t she said previously that Louisa bought her the bike which she rode once and then never again? Just duck off, Jack. Previously poor people actually do get insurance the very second they can afford it (which you can, because your Patreon alone is more than my salary!), because they’re scared of losing what they worked for. You’re getting mixed up with not being able to afford it when poor. I get that it’s hard to remember when it’s all a lie and even the manufactured poverty was a decade ago, but come on.

I hope SB has another bike at his dad’s house, though. Poor kid.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Surely if you've "been poor", and aren't any more, you would value your possessions and get some insurance?

Any excuse for some shameless begging. She's such a terrible person

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Just posted to Instagram
ERM!!! didn't she say recently that she was saving for a bike? am I making this up??

if I had a gifted Emin hanging in my house I'd have insurance.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Can’t afford the luxury of insurance but can afford a brand new lawnmower, bikes, LOADS of camping equipment, etc.

Yeah, makes sense.

This has made me angry. Surely you’d want to have insurance if you were poor as it’s not so easy to just go out and buy replacements?!

The reality is she’s just a lazy fucker who can’t be bothered to get insurance, just like she can’t be bothered to file her accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.