Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely home insurance can’t be that out of reach?? I think mine is about £140 for the whole year and that’s buildings and contents. She is a strange one, if that stuff is so expensive why not have insurance so that if this does happen you can at least get some of it replaced?? It just doesn’t make sense??

Reactions: 42
if I had a gifted Emin hanging in my house I'd have insurance.
Just has a look back, I think it's around the time of her Jerry Hall hairdresser / gifted Emin story that prompted us all to advise she gets content insurance. But also around the time of her first week of DKL, when someone on twitter noticed that the fitting of her oven wasn't up to safety standards (my personal fear would have been a fire - this is from previous experience when I had a tenement flat and not long after I moved out there was a massive fire in the flat above me, the owner of which had let her insurance lapse and it took literal YEARS for the other people in the building to be able to get their own flats repaired, it was an absolute nightmare which I was lucky enough to have missed by a matter of months). The issue with Jack is she's completely tight when it comes to such things - she's generous to herself with the high end products but when it comes to the usual direct debits that normal people pay up on as a matter of course, she's always trying to avoid coughing up.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Also doesn’t she have a garage ? Wouldn’t that be safer more secure? She doesn’t have a car so surely you’d secure things away in there ? She doesn’t make sense. She shouldn’t be even telling us all even if this did happen. She should be dealing with things herself. Bigger things going on in the world and in Southend than that twit.
Is her assistant off furlough now I wonder ? 🤔

Reactions: 38
she's generous to herself with the high end products but when it comes to the usual direct debits that normal people pay up on as a matter of course, she's always trying to avoid paying.
It’s like she wants to live as a spoilt teen forever. Fixed overheads suck for everyone but they’re essential.

Can only speculate that this means she doesn’t have life insurance either which is yikes. Not that SB has benefitted from her financial situation in life, sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Is it likely that someone who's had to face what's been noted here on Jack's unending misfortune, gifts and puddles ever have to contend with issues such as this- Why providers might reject your insurance claim?

What would be the consequences for future eligibility? Sure there'd be providers but at a cost.

Filling out a comparison site insurance quote with a semblance of accuracy would prob be like an internal enhanced interrogation for them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Just posted to Instagram
Ffs.
She claims she can't ride a bike! Why does she have a bike then?!!
Not having contents insurance is entirely your own decision.
Also, she cut a great big hole in the shed last year so it probably wasn't secure.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Ugh, the phrase "luxuries like insurance" - I know it's been pointed out but insurance isn't a luxury!! If you can afford the high end stuff you can afford insurance! It's not just about your own health and safety, it's about the health and safety of your community! Merail: My dog has been having health issues and it's been a very distressing time for us - but it's been made so much easier by the fact I've got decent insurance which means I don't have to stress about paying for his treatment at all. How much more can she blame on her year of ~poverty~ a decade ago??

• Heart
Reactions: 65
She’s blamed poverty PTSD on so many things over the years, but not taking out contents insurance is surely the weirdest and stupidest.

Frankly I’m surprised she hasn’t blamed her ADHD, surely that’s more believable than “I still feel like I’m too poor to buy insurance”.

Watch the Patreon £££ roll in…

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I suspect the real reason she's not got insurance is she's so bleeping disorganised. Piles of paperwork everywhere, promises to delivery on nearly everything never materialise, unopened bills. She's clearly a hoarder and terrible at life admin. The amount of time she wastes on social media and sleeping 15 hours a day is the main problem here not poverty.

Reactions: 56
Is it likely that someone who's had to face what's been noted here on Jack's unending misfortune, gifts and puddles ever have to contend with issues such as this- Why providers might reject your insurance claim?

What would be the consequences for future eligibility? Sure there'd be providers but at a cost.

Filling out a comparison site insurance quote with a semblance of accuracy would prob be like an internal enhanced interrogation for them.
Thinking about it she’s doomed for life insurance, saying this as someone who had a really difficult time sourcing ours (ironically cos of my husband - a year or so later I went on to get cancer and am now the uninsurable one 😂).

Jack’s between a rock and a hard place because:
A) declare every ailment she’s ever spoken to an NHS or private care provider about, and also the press and social media, and come back with a monthly payment that would be equiv to the capital repayment on a mortgage.
B) tell the truth as to what her actual ailments are and then inevitably have claims refused for failure to declare xyz.

Similarly whilst LJC and Allegra etc probably had private health policies they tend to not want to touch pre existing conditions, so she’s fucked herself there too. Lol the tangled web we weave!

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I suspect the real reason she's not got insurance is she's so bleeping disorganised. Piles of paperwork everywhere, promises to delivery on nearly everything never materialise, unopened bills. She's clearly a hoarder and terrible at life admin. The amount of time she wastes on social media and sleeping 15 hours a day is the main problem here not poverty.
I know it can feel overwhelming but it can all be done online (I know you all know this, but just in case anyone who's daft enough to be ~influenced~ by Jack is reading). Sure, you can spend hours checking out which is the best insurance to get (who are most likely to try to avoid paying out versus which is cheapest) but at the end of the day you just select the policy which is right for you, organise a direct debit, and that's it DONE! They just automatically renew the policy each year and if you have the time / energy you can change the policy if you want down the line but in the meantime - you're covered. And *that* is peace of mind!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.