Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if she wasn't, she'd say she was. Fair play to those able to listen
Just the last 5-10 minutes, I'd recommend it, she's really telling on herself. She got 7 million views in one week for the piece she did on Diane Abbott so it was worth all the racist abuse by white supremacists which Jack was, according to her, the target of.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
The 'housemate' story sounded weird to me at the time, but I never could quite put my finger on it then. Obviously, now I know so much more, it just being that she moved back home makes perfect sense!

I live with my mum. It does get the occasional funny look, but I really do not give a monkeys. Darwin has a stupidly high crime rate. Our suburb mainly just suffers from car and property theft, rather than the s*x assaults and violence others do. The rental market is insane, greedy landlords (some put rents up $150 PER WEEK after the influx of southerners escaping Covid happened) and a property shortage make places even for the reasonably well off, super hard to find. There's no way I could get somewhere I'd feel comfortable moving to tbh. I'd rather stay here, in relative safety and affordability (I do pay my way) because whilst it's not ideal, it's the most sensible option for us.
*Self quote wanker*
I realise it's a privilege to have a mother with a house to come back to. I moan about the state of it, but I am truly grateful nonetheless. Jack won't ever acknowledge this privilege though because it doesn't fit in with the POV

• Heart
Reactions: 39
When in the timeline was the "flatshare in Edinburgh"? (Jack's 2nd home).

It was probably 2 weeks in the serviced apartments, "sharing" with the other residents

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I listened to a few minutes but duck me, her voice! Is she on the verge of tears, bunged up, pished? I can't decide. Or it's all 3 or it's massive adenoids. It's all me me me again as well. I got a standing ovation, I'm amazing, I'm valid, yada yada bollocks 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 25
O
At just after 1 hour on the second last one here, Jack says the 'n word' in full 🤢
😱 I actually can't believe she said that. No need whatsoever. I don't even believe that people say that phrase to her.

Her voice makes me die inside, is there nothing she can do about that awful nasally whine? Not a voice for TV let alone the rest of what comes with her 🤣

Reactions: 22
O

😱 I actually can't believe she said that. No need whatsoever. I don't even believe that people say that phrase to her.

Her voice makes me die inside, is there nothing she can do about that awful nasally whine? Not a voice for TV let alone the rest of what comes with her 🤣
I agree. The way in which she phrased it seemed very '60s America' to me rather than what would be said in England.

Her voice is awful, she just speaks through her nose (as well as her arse) so much.

Reactions: 23
I've been learning about the definition of cheugy, and I think Jack might be the most cheugy person there has ever been.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Wow. Just wow. There was no need to vomit that phrase out at all, she could have implied what was written to her and the audience would have understood. Gross. All for shock value, all for self aggrandisement. She’s such an awful narcissist, eveytime I find a kernel of sympathy for her, she does something to erase it.

And as was pointed out above, everything she said about KH needing to say and do something worse to up the ante, to get attention, Jack herself frequently does. What a blinkered fool. (Soz, I’m seriously pissed off with her right now).

And Jack, learn how to pronounce ‘envelop’ as in hug, correctly, you cretin.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
*Self quote wanker*
I realise it's a privilege to have a mother with a house to come back to. I moan about the state of it, but I am truly grateful nonetheless. Jack won't ever acknowledge this privilege though because it doesn't fit in with the POV
Theres nothing wrong with moving back home or living with your parents.

Like someone said yesterday she never matured past the awkward teenage stage. Shes hard work to boot, so i am guessing lots of tension and arguments when she is around her parents too long.

Shes such so self entitled you hear it wth every post, every interview.
Its always, i had leave a well paid job and survive on 3 p week ( paraphrasing) truth is no one made her and i am sure if she could have been bothered her, sbs dad and her mum could have raised him between them until she got another job rather than just walking out on her todd.

She also always moans about how little she makes for her "charitable " deeds. If the pays so crap and the work so hard and thankless then find something else.

She like many wants something for nothing she keeps babbling on about the politicians expense accounts etc when in reailty if she got the opportunity for one i wonder if she would crow so loud.

I agree the politicians earn enough to pay their way but its a perk to their job, many also have second and third jobs on the side and a decent education which enables such.

Theres nothing stopping her now her kid is older to go back into education and get herself into a position to better herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The gripe I have with her reasonings for walking out of the fire service job is that they are all so shifty.

If child care was the issue, why could she not have worked this out between SB's dad, family and friends? If SB's dad was working a day shift only job, why couldn't she work nights or vice versa? They weren't in a relationship, so it wouldn't have mattered to be 'passing ships'. Why couldn't somebody mind SB just for a couple of hours, instead of walking miles, handing out CVs with 'a screaming toddler' in tow (her own words).

If sexism was the issue, where was the ballsy attitude she so openly displays anywhere she can? Were they not shocked enough by having a woman on the crew, Jack?! Either she didn't get the reaction she wanted, or there may of been animosity from her dad pulling strings?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
The gripe I have with her reasonings for walking out of the fire service job is that they are all so shifty.

If child care was the issue, why could she not have worked this out between SB's dad, family and friends? If SB's dad was working a day shift only job, why couldn't she work nights or vice versa? They weren't in a relationship, so it wouldn't have mattered to be 'passing ships'. Why couldn't somebody mind SB just for a couple of hours, instead of walking miles, handing out CVs with 'a screaming toddler' in tow (her own words).

If sexism was the issue, where was the ballsy attitude she so openly displays anywhere she can? Were they not shocked enough by having a woman on the crew, Jack?! Either she didn't get the reaction she wanted, or there may of been animosity from her dad pulling strings?
This i am sure she could have worked something out, childcare is really expensive but im sure between her and his dad they could have afforded a few hours. If they couldnt do it themselves and if the excuse is well we were working so we needed a rest after, then she can duck right off. Most parents work long hard shifts and still come home and raise their kids no matter how tired.

I honestly do struggle to see the issue if they were all getting on so well.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The childcare thing gets right on my mushrooms. I've never had a minute's childcare from my parents because a) they live in a different country and b) they are permanently on call to look after my (shiftworker) sibling's kids. Every minute of childcare I've used has been paid through the nose for, sometimes let down at short notice and having a subsequent impact on my career. At one point the childcare cancelled out my wage completely, at that point I told myself I was staying in my job for the sanity, career progression, example to my child and pension. This is not an unusual situation for new parents to be in. Perfect campaign opportunity.

I can't imagine throwing away the immense privilege of having your parents around and able to help out. Such a Monroe move.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Didn't she have some drama with SB being 'forgotten about' by the person meant to be collecting him, so she could never put him in childcare again after that?

I'd imagine if Jack did get her job through daddy, people would've been (rightly) annoyed tbh. I can see her trying to poke her nose in places she didn't need to, and making a nuisance of herself rather than concentrating on her actual £27000 per year job

Reactions: 30
@Miss Anne Thrope How did she pronounce envelop? 😬 Is it going to make me cringe like when she called us a cable not a cabal?

Has anyone else always been a bit sus when it comes to how many jobs Jack has had? Like it doesn't scream 'great to work with' to see she essentially spent a couple of months here, a few months there. I would look at her CV and wince. Generally speaking if you're good, reliable and a hard worker, people keep you around. Your resume shouldn't be a game of hopscotch because people got tired of your tit and gave you the boot.

With the TV/Ad work being short contracts she can convince herself she isn't the problem for a lot longer but still.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.