Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what I will never understand. If Jack was not a parent I could see her turning down offers of help through pride. But she was a mother, and as such had a duty of care to her son to accept help for him if it was on her doorstep. No place for pride if your child is hungry.
So we know she had her son's father, his parents and her parents all available.
As you say the must feel mortified that Jack perpuates the narrative that nobody cared about her or her small child.
Especially with her parents being registered and active foster carers at the time. How utterly crappy does her tale make them look?

Reactions: 38
Guess who’s back ~ back again
Lenny’s back ~ tell a…Therapist

A giddy combination of FOMO and a relentless need to torture myself, I carried on where I left off. I shall be the plucky heroine of my own story! I’m still catching up with the end of the last thread but I wanted to jump in so apologies if I land in a random place…again. I was hooting and fizzing at all you mendacious ninnies when Fun Sponge Briscoe lowered the mood immensely 72-hours late, so apologies for that.

I was lol-ing yesterday but one of my faves was Cabal Newbie @sophiepoetry: “I’ve never seen anybody worse at smiling”, it’s soooooo true! Thanks for your honesty too.

But I wanted to throw in my reassurance @Silver Linings - I’m not sure if Jack’s said anything about the doxxing she was responsible for but once you’ve shown Twittersville a photo of your pre-teen in his pants then you have zero moral high ground on oversharing. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that crumbs have been dropped about SB dad more than ever before in the last few weeks and whether it’s to convince him that we’re bullies who are seeking out details to harm them (if he doesn’t have Twitter) or some other nefarious reason, I don’t think it’s an accident.

Strictly tonight too 🥳🥳🥳. I am really, really hoping she’s on the Christmas special. For someone who shits themselves when they do a piece to camera, I can’t wait to see Gorka pulling her round a Paso Doble in front of an audience
Glad to have you back Lenny. I too want her to do Christmas Strictly, the comments on the Strictly thread would be absolute gold 🤣.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Blimey, if this is sex work then I'm a sex worker too! I could have been even more of a sex worker, but the topless bar wouldn't give me a job bcos I had pierced nipples :eek:

The way she talks about it, you'd think she'd been giving blow jobs in back alleys for a tenner, not reeling in her unruly labia and serving shots in some chain nightclub...
I wonder if her unruly labia could catch a coin? Being a 'bit Navy round the edges' you hear tales from the East.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I may be recalling it wrongly but I think the “sex work” only happened once, it was before she was a mother and she said her abusive female partner (during the pregnancy) used it against her and taunted her about it.
It was that strange article on buzzfeed where Jack later “came out” as being the girl in the story, there was originally a false name

Reactions: 30
Which blows a massive hole in the entire origin story of The Poverty™ Not only are her family around, so's that of the babydaddy.
Also leaving her faceache open to the world 🌎 also blows a huge hole in the whole trolling stalking narrative! Cake house brick/eating

Reactions: 19
It's only a theory but Jack's so slippery with language that 'being paid to do a specific thing because of her specific sex' could easily translate into 'sex work'. And back out again, as required.
Didn't she actually use the word prostitution at some point, though? I agree that nothing adds up, but surely even a master of weasel wording like Jack couldn't claim "I never actually said I was sleeping with people for money, did I? Serving shots in your undercrackers is a form of prostitution too!!"

Ugh, I feel dirty for even questioning someone's claimed experience, but based on literally everything else she's lied/misled people about, it's hard to take anything she says at face value.

ETA: Found it

Screenshot_20211016-164014_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
There is a Twitter with few sporadic tweets but one or two of them are ahem... interesting.
Screenshot_20211012-201421~3.png

I think she name dropped on purpose too, had to have. Just for the record, I only had a quick glance through public pages, I'm a very nosy ninny.

• Wow
Didn't she actually use the word prostitution at some point, though? I agree that nothing adds up, but surely even a master of weasel wording like Jack couldn't claim "I never actually said I was sleeping with people for money, did I? Serving shots in your undercrackers is a form of prostitution too!!"

Ugh, I feel dirty for even questioning someone's claimed experience, but based on literally everything else she's lied/misled people about, it's hard to take anything she says at face value.
The cabal remembers all things...

Reactions: 19
Er, Fraus, I have just realised that the friend I am meeting for a late lunch tomorrow afternoon has spent the last 20 or so years living in the same suburb of Southend as the smol pixie and his most recent ex has a Small Boy who I think might be SB's age or thereabouts - Jack follows her on Instagram anyway. I'm not promising anything, because he is notoriously clueless about anything internet-based (to the point where he doesn't have a smartphone or an email address), but I will ask.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
There is a Twitter with few sporadic tweets but one or two of them are ahem... interesting. View attachment 813093
I think she name dropped on purpose too, had to have. Just for the record, I only had a quick glance through public pages, I'm a very nosy ninny.
I have a feeling this has been left open for a reason. I also think it should probably left alone.

Edit to add, that is just my opinion. Not trying to Mod.

Reactions: 23
I have a feeling this has been left open for a reason. I also think it should probably left alone.

Edit to add, that is just my opinion. Not trying to Mod.
No I get it, I think it all very odd too. I've sat on that for a while thinking I probably shouldn't post 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Didn’t she do a thread that predated us but someone found on the threader app clarifying that she was indeed a full blown bleep (her word - would never be mine!).

Think this era coincided with the sex work is work / revolting prostitutes book coming out era on Twitter so naturally an entirely new part of the rich tapestry of her origins story was exploited for views / likes / work.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Didn’t she do a thread that predated us but someone found on the threader app clarifying that she was indeed a full blown bleep (her word - would never be mine!).

Think this era coincided with the sex work is work / revolting prostitutes book coming out era on Twitter so naturally an entirely new part of the rich tapestry of her origins story was exploited for views / likes / work.
Nothing she claims is ever more than a smidgen of the truth. She embellishes using other people’s story. The sex worker thing was probably a partner and her had sex then the partner gave her a tenner because she was moaning about being broke. Or Belle du Jour was trendy. It’s easy to talk about all these things she’s claimed, it’s hard to believe it’s anything more than a touch of the truth.

ETA much like RSM, I think she’s just a bandwagoner. I’m actually surprised she hasn’t jumped on the woke train more.

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.