Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I briefly saw her post earlier this evening and need to grunk accordingly but wanted to let the cabal know that I met Jay Rayner this evening. His show is good if you haven’t read his book already (I have so it was a bit repetitive and felt like he was repeating things he knows rather than speaking) and he was utterly charming. There was a piece about lard and I was very tempted to utilise the Q&A to find out his actual view of our smol pixie (he slagged off Gregg Wallace, Piers Morgan and Giles Coren so does seem to have the measure of twats but I didn’t want to push my luck).
21D675EB-33CB-42A8-A621-F5717FA805D7.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
Can't quite believe I've done this but I've successfully triangulated SB's Dad. Jack named him on insta. The woman who replied on insta was all I needed to find him on other SM. Pics of SB all over his feed and Jack Monroe and Jack X-surnane in his friends. He also breeds and sells cats.

I'm no computer whizz but it was incredibly easy thanks to Jack naming him. She needs to be more careful. So does he, kids on public SM is never a good idea.

Just to clarify I will not be sharing his name because neither he or SB have asked for publicity. Jack if you are reading, delete his name from insta and tell him to lockdown his SM. For SB's sake.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I know v little about AA, other than what I’ve learned from the amazingly informative posts on here, and maybe I’m taking it too literally, but if Step 4 is “Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves”, would owning up to the lying, the grifting, the taking money for nothing, the breaking of promises/contracts, the total unpleasantness and twisting of things, etc, etc, — would all of that not have to be admitted and faced up to?

The lack of morality is so evident in her — how can she say all this in public, yet not address the people she’s stealing from ?!?!?

She’s still playing the helpless victim, the one who things are being done to with no provocation on her part 🙄. And she’s still obviously resentful over everything, including the lack of blue tick engagement on her “I’m ba-aa-ck” posts, until the self harm Twitter spiral … and now this.

can she be made to repeat steps if her sponsor doesn’t think she’s done it properly?

and as others have said, if she just stopped the lying and cheating (and slopping) no one here would pay her a second of attention — or maybe that’s it!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
She posted something recently along the lines of I’m an adult and able to have a social media break without something being wrong. I can’t remember the exact words but it was a response to tattle questioning if she was having treatment basically. Now it seems we were right (not that I’m happy about it it’s never nice for anyone to be unwell even if it is Jack the ghoul)

Can't quite believe I've done this but I've successfully triangulated SB's Dad. Jack named him on insta. The woman who replied on insta was all I needed to find him on other SM. Pics of SB all over his feed and Jack Monroe and Jack X-surnane in his friends. He also breeds and sells cats.

I'm no computer whizz but it was incredibly easy thanks to Jack naming him. She needs to be more careful. So does he, kids on public SM is never a good idea.

Just to clarify I will not be sharing his name because neither he or SB have asked for publicity. Jack if you are reading, delete his name from insta and tell him to lockdown his SM. For SB's sake.
She didnt get other family and friends to lock down their social media (well Louisa closed her strava after a while) when she was being “stalked” last year so she’ll probably keep the name up for a while and then use it to complain about stalkers again.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
I suspect if you asked 100 different ppl you’d get 100 different answers to this! IMO there is a mental health condition (or array of) that underpins addiction / substance abuse (as not all addictions are to substances!) which are either through nature/nurture/a combo of. I had/have friends that drink and consumed far more than I ever did, far more often, but they didn’t have something in their brain that put them into a MH crisis like I had. It’s a v complex medical/psychological issue that even doctors can’t agree on by sounds of it, but the wide breadth of lived experiences in the rooms - to me - suggests there’s no one single cause tho? Then you’ve got the sociological factors on top of it too which shape how substance abuse is perceived [in this essay….]

In the same way real world events can trigger a adverse mental health response eg reading about food shortages can cause anxiety I suppose you could argue people can trigger you to abuse substances. But the onus is on you to realise that seeking oblivion isn’t a proportionate response to *any* stimulus and step 4/5 help with that? Like say… my dad died, if I went and got black out drunk is that his fault for dying? How could he not have died to help with this lmao? Or my fault for not sitting with the difficult emotions that brings up and doing something loving & kind for myself instead? If it could be someone’s fault we’re asking the world to always respond in a way we want it to, which just isn’t possible - you have to face adversity at some point right?!
Sorry to quote myself like a head but just doing a quick mummy tidy thinking about this cos it’s an interesting question - it kind of transcends fault in some ways too? Like… is it my parents’ fault I have low self esteem and a plethora of sub MH issues? Probably in some way, they were the origins of it, but that doesn’t really matter because I’m responsible for myself - my life, actions, health, so I’m the one that has to deal with that? What productive good does attributing blame do? Like when you get well it’s less about pointing fingers and HE did this!!! And SHE did that!!! It’s just about getting on with life?

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I briefly saw her post earlier this evening and need to grunk accordingly but wanted to let the cabal know that I met Jay Rayner this evening. His show is good if you haven’t read his book already (I have so it was a bit repetitive and felt like he was repeating things he knows rather than speaking) and he was utterly charming. There was a piece about lard and I was very tempted to utilise the Q&A to find out his actual view of our smol pixie (he slagged off Gregg Wallace, Piers Morgan and Giles Coren so does seem to have the measure of twats but I didn’t want to push my luck).
View attachment 804079
Traazers are you Grace Dent!? I love your top!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Just so I have this clear, we're saying a twee drawing of a robot doesn't cure your addiction issues? duck's sake, I'd just commissioned my own smol robot to give me the strength to stop calling Jack a bleep every time she does something despicable.

I also need to get it out of my system that the bullying ninnies conversation keeps making me think of that Mitchell & Webb sketch of the WW2 German soldiers and David Mitchell says 'Hans, are we the baddies?'.

are we the bullies.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
She posted something recently along the lines of I’m an adult and able to have a social media break without something being wrong. I can’t remember the exact words but it was a response to tattle questioning if she was having treatment basically. Now it seems we were right (not that I’m happy about it it’s never nice for anyone to be unwell even if it is Jack the ghoul)

She didnt get other family and friends to lock down their social media (well Louisa closed her strava after a while) when she was being “stalked” last year so she’ll probably keep the name up for a while and then use it to complain about stalkers again.
Yes that's true. Her parents are surprisingly lax. Jack senior is posing next to the pink Thunderbirds car in one of his pics. Not quite a lilac Mercedes but close enough.
It looks like SB has a good life with dad which is very reassuring. Not keen on the breeding though, could be where kitten was from.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Just so I have this clear, we're saying a twee drawing of a robot doesn't cure your addiction issues? duck's sake, I'd just commissioned my own smol robot to give me the strength to stop calling Jack a bleep every time she does something despicable.

I also need to get it out of my system that the bullying ninnies conversation keeps making me think of that Mitchell & Webb sketch of the WW2 German soldiers and David Mitchell says 'Hans, are we the baddies?'.

View attachment 804107
It always makes me think of this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
View attachment 804079
Love your top! And hair!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sorry to quote myself like a head but just doing a quick mummy tidy thinking about this cos it’s an interesting question - it kind of transcends fault in some ways too? Like… is it my parents’ fault I have low self esteem and a plethora of sub MH issues? Probably in some way, they were the origins of it, but that doesn’t really matter because I’m responsible for myself - my life, actions, health, so I’m the one that has to deal with that? What productive good does attributing blame do? Like when you get well it’s less about pointing fingers and HE did this!!! And SHE did that!!! It’s just about getting on with life?
I see what you mean, yes others may have an influence but how you react, or behave and then how you go forwa4d is all on you. I mean they really need to teach that in schools, lots of people in life should understand this!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I didn’t know there was a name left in that screenie, or that it belonged to SB’s dad. Sorry. I have no idea who he is and no desire to.
ADB85D13-E103-4A91-B98E-DA1AFFCA6375.jpeg

537F5E47-E303-41AC-B5BD-BC20F576BD15.jpeg
0A49D656-7FC0-471A-A2FC-421D47875137.jpeg
AB446847-1E57-4C98-A53B-4F584872A0F8.jpeg
E8E66366-24C2-4AC1-B1ED-622C5C79C9EE.jpeg
CC9C53AA-F3BA-42C4-B4DF-81087E47F5D6.jpeg
745EE875-8F8F-4018-9F9F-ACA1FBD5E0CB.jpeg

3CFA0CB9-B504-4317-B0F5-85C7597607F4.jpeg
5ED7D3FE-A699-4C71-A723-2E199A7F1B00.jpeg
0D37941F-1F18-413F-9250-36FD4D0EFB9D.jpeg
C27A3579-FA31-46AE-A465-68754294B247.jpeg
8381924D-59B9-4CB8-A4B6-D80B31934407.jpeg
4048D429-6C1B-4712-9819-AEADD926BE37.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
Ive been thinking her parents said they got her back after seven years, now i am no mathematician but 18months and seven years are quite different, so my question is?

Has she been "struggling a long time with her apparent addiction, ie never really ok until now?! Therefore it had nothing at all to do with telly, bullies or anything..

Also seven years is like most of her working career in the spotlight. I dont know but it sounds like the role really isnt suitable for her. I really mean this kindly, she needs to find something else. She said herself its not doing her any good.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
View attachment 804079
I am not although I wish I was. He spoke highly of her this evening
Love your top! And hair!
And thank you - my hair is an absolute mess atm because the curls need conditioning regularly and I simply can’t be arsed with it so tend to just pile it atop my head. Getting it cut in a couple of weeks which should help

top is primark to my shame

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Dammit, when I saw she‘d made a looong post I thought she was about to announce her commitment to Extinction Rebellion.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Jack, when you grunk, little tip- you can say “thanks for asking, have sent you a DM” on your public twitter as a reply. That way nobody will find out any information about you and you won’t have to waste time writing “I don’t want to 0laster my life all over here so I’m not saying where X is...”
that’ll do!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
I'm behind, so sorry if this has been said. The empty shelves are because she will be changing her summer crockery to her winter stuff (like we all do)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.