Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so pissed off with her. All this bullshit about bullying making her hit the bottle.

No Jack, FFS own your tit....nobody made you hit the bottle or any other substances except YOU!

Surely that's one of the first principles of Recovery.

I have an addictive personality but at least I own it and address it ...I don't wail and gnash my teeth about my own behaviours. I deal with it, I plan, I ensure I don't put myself in situations where it can fester.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I honestly speak more about AA here than I do in any other area of my life, I find it bizarre her obsession with it and I’m a bit sceptical about people who shout about it (I’m looking at you too Michelle Heaton) - it reminds me of me thinking that if I told anyone who would listen it would help get me sober. Don’t get me wrong, there are numerous actual celebrities who have admitted they are in recovery (Eric Clapton is my go to person if I ever even think about taking something to change how I feel - he didn’t relapse (to the best of my knowledge) after his son died in a tragic accident) but I find the big announcements…crass? Insincere? For attention? All of the above?
Same, babe. Nodded throughout this and it’s why I’ve started to feel down in myself whenever I discuss it irt her, I feel compelled to defend it but it doesn’t feel in the spirit of yellow card or my own/the fellowship’s anonymity (despite this being a forum full of anonymous ninnies). It just feels bleeping gross, like it’s nauseating reading this tit repeatedly with changing narratives and new holes popping up left right and center. You also explained step 4 a lot better lol thank you my love, hope you have a better night than your day x

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Shes on a message frenzy again...

Didnt her friends text her?!

She should be fawning over them on whatapp or whatever?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
My work colleague and I??
Caroline’s Russell Brands?
Eamonn?
Marcus?

who da duck now Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
This was a lot of effort to go to just to get an extension on the tumble dryer lint book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Petition for my new Tattle name to be: ‘an absolute oral riot’.

She’s giddy with attention, again. I’m not a fellow, but have close friends who are. I’ve heard of the notion of the dry high (paraphrasing here) - when you abstain, you also need to recognise what replaces the high previously sought through alcohol or drugs. Hers is definitely attention.

Good for her in recovery but must it come with such weighted blame?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
An insufficient narcissistic supply from her conference appearance so she's ramped it up.

Reactions: 42
In other news Fraus, Jameela Jamil is popping up on Insta (on rather a large account) being exposed for her constant stream of exaggerations/lies.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
SPOILER="Addiction"]Forgive me, i have not really got much experience with addiction, but is your addiction really Someone elses fault or your own?! [[/SPOILER]

Reactions: 15
One of my top 5 blogger activist activities from last thread

Also in the top 5, when the person follows up with DEEEEEETAILS like this:

"And by the way, just for the record, these photos were taken completely ad hoc by my cat, who had obviously grabbed my phone when I was just standing there posing and I just found them on the international day of the thing, and for all the naysayers our there, it's both a total coincidence and my duty as an activist to share"

Stay tuned for the other three favourites

Jeesh, things swing along here. Roadside Mum needs to up her game
They do indeed swing along fast at times. Back in the days of the all night chaoses, we were basically working in shifts. Tiring times for the cabal 😑

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
My work colleague and I??
Caroline’s Russell Brands?
Eamonn?
Marcus?

who da duck now Jack?
Taking a guess here (that is I am making it up)

Jack’s low paid part time job is in a Trussel Trust shop as a retail assistant . They pay the National Livong Wage, so a massive £9.50 an hour.

Her work colleagues are the other staff and volunteers.

The job makes Jack happy, and she is surprisingly good at window displays

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
SPOILER="Addiction"]Forgive me, i have not really got much experience with addiction, but is your addiction really Someone elses fault or your own?! [[/SPOILER]
I suspect if you asked 100 different ppl you’d get 100 different answers to this! IMO there is a mental health condition (or array of) that underpins addiction / substance abuse (as not all addictions are to substances!) which are either through nature/nurture/a combo of. I had/have friends that drink and consumed far more than I ever did, far more often, but they didn’t have something in their brain that put them into a MH crisis like I had. It’s a v complex medical/psychological issue that even doctors can’t agree on by sounds of it, but the wide breadth of lived experiences in the rooms - to me - suggests there’s no one single cause tho? Then you’ve got the sociological factors on top of it too which shape how substance abuse is perceived [in this essay….]

In the same way real world events can trigger a adverse mental health response eg reading about food shortages can cause anxiety I suppose you could argue people can trigger you to abuse substances. But the onus is on you to realise that seeking oblivion isn’t a proportionate response to *any* stimulus and step 4/5 help with that? Like say… my dad died, if I went and got black out drunk is that his fault for dying? How could he not have died to help with this lmao? Or my fault for not sitting with the difficult emotions that brings up and doing something loving & kind for myself instead? If it could be someone’s fault we’re asking the world to always respond in a way we want it to, which just isn’t possible - you have to face adversity at some point right?!

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I suspect if you asked 100 different ppl you’d get 100 different answers to this! IMO there is a mental health condition (or array of) that underpins addiction / substance abuse (as not all addictions are to substances!) which are either through nature/nurture/a combo of. I had/have friends that drink and consumed far more than I ever did, far more often, but they didn’t have something in their brain that put them into a MH crisis like I had. It’s a v complex medical/psychological issue that even doctors can’t agree on by sounds of it, but the wide breadth of lived experiences in the rooms - to me - suggests there’s no one single cause tho? Then you’ve got the sociological factors on top of it too which shape how substance abuse is perceived [in this essay….]

In the same way real world events can trigger a adverse mental health response eg reading about food shortages can cause anxiety I suppose you could argue people can trigger you to abuse substances. But the onus is on you to realise that seeking oblivion isn’t a proportionate response to *any* stimulus and step 4/5 help with that? Like say… my dad died, if I went and got black out drunk is that his fault for dying? How could he not have died to help with this lmao? Or my fault for not sitting with the difficult emotions that brings up and doing something loving & kind for myself instead? If it could be someone’s fault we’re asking the world to always respond in a way we want it to, which just isn’t possible - you have to face adversity at some point right?!
Thanks so much for explaining that so well to me. Yes i know its a complicated subject matter but i wanted to get a proper perspective on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.