Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s wearing a different jumper in her pic. I wonder if she’s staying the whole time to really bask in the toriness of it all.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
You know what pisses me off about this? (the caption not the photo). Her "origin story" means that it's necessarily SB she's talking about when it comes to these conditions. Massive disclaimer in that I think SB was taken care of just fine, between his dad and his extended family. And even Jack herself, who, if we were to believe her, would have a son with "chronic health conditions, stress, trauma". It's just so gross on so many levels.
As i have mentioned countless times, i grew up skint, yet my mum and dad shielded me enough to ensure that i dont have any trauma from that time. My childhood was pretty good. I dont hold any ill will towards my mum or dad for having little to no money, because i know any spare cash they had they paid into keeping us often meaning they had absolutely nothing.

It isn’t 22 pages if you leave a line.

Everyone knows that you stupid, stupid moonbot.

Stop trying to pretend you had a 22-page speech when all you did was be allowed to waffle on for say, 4 minutes. I think that is equivalent to a Year 10 presentation.

Don’t get me started on bollocking the government and campaigning. The only campaigning you have done in the last 18 months is to get fewer people in a small, very funny corner of the internet to eat fewer eggs.
22 pages front and back!

And yes she told them all off you naughty naughty tories.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
“Tory Jack” has to be up there with “Any oncologists follow me?”, and the kitten saga Jack - in my opinion of course. To lend them any level of credence by taking their money (even if it was just travel expenses and free bottles of water), whilst under the guise of campaigning for eradication of child hunger and poverty is breathtaking in its duplicity.

And “bollocking”? Like squeaking out or mumbling Boris is disingenuous becoming “I called Boris a liar or national TV” boasts sort of bollocking.

Why do more people not see this?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
“Tory Jack” has to be up there with “Any oncologists follow me?”, and the kitten saga Jack - in my opinion of course. To lend them any level of credence by taking their money (even if it was just travel expenses and free bottles of water), whilst under the guise of campaigning for eradication of child hunger and poverty is breathtaking in its duplicity.

And “bollocking”? Like squeaking out or mumbling Boris is disingenuous becoming “I called Boris a liar or national TV” boasts sort of bollocking.

Why do more people not see this?
You know who could bollock Boris…

1. Either of the Obamas
2. Sanders (but in a “I’m disappointed in you, tutorish kind of way)
3. Stephen King
4. Donald Sutherland

Jack? Nah. More of a damp squid trying to play a very odd game 😏.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I dont hold any ill will towards my mum or dad for having little to no money,
I went for a walk in the park with a friend yesterday and we were both discussing exactly this.

At the time we thought it unfair that we only had one school shirt that had to last a week, never could go on school trips, used overcoats as blankets on our beds in winter, had heat in only one room, borrow coal and money for the meter from neighbours and suffered the indignity of the free school meal queue. At the time I thought it unfair that other kids at school got new bikes for Christmas and I got a second hand one. Now I understand why that happened because I am an adult.

Now, as adults, we appreciate how difficult it was bringing up so many children with so little money. I have nothing but admiration that our house was clean, we always had a good evening meal, and that the rent was always paid on time. Both parents worked in a variety low paid and (on reflection) really horrible jobs. They still had time to spend with us no matter how tired they were. They showed us love, and that is what is important.

Yes, the poverty of that time has had a lasting effect on me. But what has also had an effect is how resilient and strong my parents were. I now appreciate how difficult life was for them and the sacrifices they made for us.(nowhere near as difficult as for Jack, obviously 🙃)

ETA Jack's traumer is because her parents didn't have a lilac Mercedes. All relative inint?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
I went for a walk in the park with a friend yesterday and we were both discussing exactly this.

At the time we thought it unfair that we only had one school shirt that had to last a week, never could go on school trips, used overcoats as blankets on our beds in winter, had heat in only one room, borrow coal and money for the meter from neighbours and suffered the indignity of the free school meal queue. At the time I thought it unfair that other kids at school got new bikes for Christmas and I got a second hand one. Now I understand why that happened because I am an adult.

Now, as adults, we appreciate how difficult it was bringing up so many children with so little money. I have nothing but admiration that our house was clean, we always had a good evening meal, and that the rent was always paid on time. Both parents worked in a variety low paid and (on reflection) really horrible jobs. They still had time to spend with us no matter how tired they were. They showed us love, and that is what is important.

Yes, the poverty of that time has had a lasting effect on me. But what has also had an effect is how resilient and strong my parents were. I now appreciate how difficult life was for them and the sacrifices they made for us.(nowhere near as difficult as for Jack, obviously 🙃)

ETA Jack's traumer is because her parents didn't have a lilac Mercedes. All relative inint?
another long lasting effect on you is the soup with stuffing in it…

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
It's just clicked with me that she said on her insta story that she's going to transcribe her own speech so that she can write down what she actually said. LOL who does this, who listens to a recording of their own voice to write the content down word-for-word, as though it's some extremely important Churchillian speech that's going to go down in history. Also it suggests that she recorded it herself?? Where else would she get the audio? If there's some knocking about why doesn't she just release that? RELEASE THE TAPES, MONROE!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Just interjecting the Jack-the-tory-twit chat to show you a pic I took at the station this morning - is Jack working with Sainsburys again??!!
20211005_083024.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
It's just clicked with me that she said on her insta story that she's going to transcribe her own speech so that she can write down what she actually said. LOL who does this, who listens to a recording of their own voice to write the content down word-for-word, as though it's some extremely important Churchillian speech that's going to go down in history. Also it suggests that she recorded it herself?? Where else would she get the audio? If there's some knocking about why doesn't she just release that? RELEASE THE TAPES, MONROE!!
So is that just the final page she transcribed?

It looked like she was reading from notes in the Labour one.

I think there is writing on the back of the one she has put on her stories.

So is the whole speech written out?

Do we need to wait for a transcript?

Do we need to wait for a typed version?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
So is that just the final page she transcribed?

It looked like she was reading from notes in the Labour one.

I think there is writing on the back of the one she has put on her stories.

So is the whole speech written out?

Do we need to wait for a transcript?

Do we need to wait for a typed version?
What she's saying is that the photo she posted is the notes for the speech she gave, but she went wildly off-script so she's going to "transcribe" everything she uttered yesterday. Because it's really important stuff, obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
What she's saying is that the photo she posted is the notes for the speech she gave, but she went wildly off-script so she's going to "transcribe" everything she uttered yesterday. Because it's really important stuff, obviously.
Okay then.

#granola.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
1633421516105.jpeg

print screen for the government name on socials therefore too shooketh to look at her Insta stories fraus pls?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Wow she really gave them a bollocking huh?

She really stuck it to the man as she allowed money from the Conservatives to softly gently rest in her bank account.

You tell 'em Monroe!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.