Jack Monroe #207 Jack Morley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lads, the oats are retreating, the liquid is slowly escaping and leaving behind overlooked broken down oat, apple (donā€™t apples contain pectin?) sugar and gluten in what appears to be a 100% vegan gelatinous slop. About an hour ago it started to smell like porridge. Iā€™ve broken recipe to stir it again as itā€™s getting craggy at points.
ETA that looks like an axolotl forming! Itā€™s the spring of life! Iā€™ve done alchemy!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
duck Bake Off, the only thing I care about seeing tomorrow is Hotes' Oats. Hoates? No, that's Hall & Oates. Better not get in their niche, apparently they have form for being litigious and sued a company called Haulin' Oats who make not porridge but granola.
But Hall and Oates had a hit with ā€˜Sheā€™s Goneā€™

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Iā€™m still alive, and the #HotesOats are too. They have possibly become sentient, choosing to stay around the rim of the bowl without slipping over. They are also doing tiny ā€œsighā€ air bubbles. If youā€™ve ever encountered a scouser who is annoyed at you not offering them tea fast or frequently View attachment 773359enough, itā€™s the same noise as ā€œspitting feathersā€
šŸ˜® I have never seen anything in a slow cooker behave like that! Definitely more invested in #Hotesoats than I am in going to work, that's for sure. Stay well back, and have an escape route planned incase it really does come to life - it looks like it's going to!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Brilliant! Adam Richman bravely fought food by eating it whereas I am using heat and a spoon. Itā€™s been beaten into submission.
E2AF6A3C-8898-4D1A-BA7D-7DF87FC5B52B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
What a sad little life, oats
Itā€™s now the colour of tinned rice pud or semolina, caramel but not brown. I have a theory that the Apple Browns when it cools, and this mornings ā€œsolid slop in coconut milkā€ was stone cold.
I feel a bit guilty that the UK doesnā€™t have enough electricity and Iā€™m wasting it on overcooking porridge
1AF69304-3A62-4253-9DAB-770BDC68740F.jpeg

Iā€™ve turned the heat down to low. I also tasted it!!!!! Porridge, and especially the thrice boiled variety, is quite creamy tasting to me. This was no different, it tasted of oats. Then there was a juicy apple aftertaste. It doesnā€™t seem very ā€œtoffee appleā€ itā€™s not especially sweet or caramel- and I used golden sugar in it. The colour has deepened to a caramel though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Hoping this message doesnā€™t combine like the last one did. Iā€™m off to bed now so I turned the slow cooker off. On removing the lid for the latest pic, the slop appears to have collapsed in on itself
Hope yā€™all enjoy your lil
CE49804A-D6C8-4C84-B588-98A4421DB57B.jpeg
breakfast time grunk

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
Hoping this message doesnā€™t combine like the last one did. Iā€™m off to bed now so I turned the slow cooker off. On removing the lid for the latest pic, the slop appears to have collapsed in on itself
Hope yā€™all enjoy your lil View attachment 773452breakfast time grunk
This is where you tweet it to the bootstrap cook handle and call it a triumph, my dear šŸ˜™šŸ‘Œ

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Hotes, I really donā€™t know what to say.

You totally took one for the cabal there and I think we all can agree you deserve a great big slice of
10657009-8BE2-44AF-A503-EEA16CF1891D.jpeg

In looking at the final outcome, it seems like what you have created seems pretty much in line with Jackā€™s (and it tastes oaty and appleyā€¦.would you like tinned coconut milk with it? šŸ§). But, the journey to that final outcome was simply a culinary car crash. Most of us would have pulled the literal and figurative plug hours earlier when things started to lookā€¦.dubious.

So the question remains, why would Jack know to carry on and that the end result might look like actual s*** but could taste just about edible?

One for the grunkersā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 38
What a sad little life, oats
Itā€™s now the colour of tinned rice pud or semolina, caramel but not brown. I have a theory that the Apple Browns when it cools, and this mornings ā€œsolid slop in coconut milkā€ was stone cold.
I feel a bit guilty that the UK doesnā€™t have enough electricity and Iā€™m wasting it on overcooking porridgeView attachment 773417

Iā€™ve turned the heat down to low. I also tasted it!!!!! Porridge, and especially the thrice boiled variety, is quite creamy tasting to me. This was no different, it tasted of oats. Then there was a juicy apple aftertaste. It doesnā€™t seem very ā€œtoffee appleā€ itā€™s not especially sweet or caramel- and I used golden sugar in it. The colour has deepened to a caramel though.
I hope you manage to get your slow cooker clean after this

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Watch out for new Frauen signing up here and one with an unassuming @slopbreakfast- it will be @Lanie ' s mum.
I dont know if she would sign up but one thing i do know is she is a wee northern irish lady who's brutally honest. ( I know, i grew up with her honestyšŸ˜‚) if she says something looks tit then im afraid it looks shite. She doesnt hold back.

If you have a few rolls of wallpaper you could stick it up with that it looks like wallpaper paste and 10000 times more appetising than ,šŸ’©island

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
@HotesTilaire please tell me you've got something nice to eat for breakfast too (and the rest of the day), and you weren't planning on eating that monstrosity until it all went (can't imagine how many Jack portions a whole slow cookerful would be - 500 or so?)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
It looks awful, I'll grant you, and certainly inedible, I don't want you to think you've wasted your time here but it doesn't look like Jack's turd in milk. What on earth did she do to create that abomination?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh Hotes, Iā€™m delighted youā€™ve taken one for the team but seeing these photos at 7.30 in the morning? Itā€™s put me right off my actual breakfast-with-texture šŸ¤¢

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.