Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she started her career when she got a book deal for some recipes in a newspaper and the whole thing was that she was a poor single mum, and there are pictures of her and SB looking very thin and worse for wear, living in a cold house etc etc?

Oh I've been here like a whole year, I just don't usually comment, or even look at this unless I randomly remember it exists - I have ADHD too 🤣

To be honest I haven't really kept up, no.
A photo accompanying an article about someone living in poverty will obviously feature them looking like a sad face povo.

On a serious point, n the photos both Jack and her child look like they are normal healthy weight, and if they were really living in long term poverty, would be far more likely to be obese than underweight. There is loads of paper peer reviewed research that confirms this.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Global knives are Japanese aren’t they? Last minute ‘oh tit need something to placate her’ gift from somebody who has a very good job and has just been to Japan?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Can you bring knives back? Currently our knife laws mean you need to have a reason (such as being a travelling chef, or Ray Mears) to carry any knife around. Last time we went on a ferry they confiscated any knives they found (fortunately I hadn’t planned that thoroughly for a self catering holiday).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I had a pair of eyebrow tweezers taken off me when I flew to Darwin last and my mate had her belt confiscated coming back from Europe. How would a knife get through?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I was googling to see if Global knives were on sale in duty free, and discovered its a Japanese company 😯.
It had occurred to me that perhaps LJC had brought her back a present.
Hahaha jinx no returns!

I had a pair of eyebrow tweezers taken off me when I flew to Darwin last and my mate had her belt confiscated coming back from Europe. How would a knife get through?
You can put loads of stuff in checked bags surely? Especially if you’re flying with channel 4? Can’t say I’ve ever tried!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I totally think a comeback is brewing. Spidey senses are tingling.

The therapy seemed to me to have come about following some kind of intervention by her family, SB’s dad, agent, LJC, maybe all of them together. It looks like there’s been a change in the custody arrangements and obviously chaos after chaos in the last couple of years.

Even without knowing anything for sure about her addictions or mental health condition, it’s as clear as the inexplicable eggs on top of the slow cooked slop that there is something wrong with her!

What exactly is wrong with her? Well, check the wiki and make your own mind up.

But rethinking this, I think the therapy is part of the comeback. Brace yourselves for high profile magazine articles (in partnership with her therapist), maybe even the long threatened life story. There’s a market for misery memoirs and Jack would be much happier writing about herself in long form than pretending to know about cooking.

I know she’s not a big name, but she has “regularly written for the Guardian and presented lockdown food programmes for the BBC after the public and supporters, like Nigella Lawson called for her to get a show.” on her CV.

Reactions: 35
Can you bring knives back? Currently our knife laws mean you need to have a reason (such as being a travelling chef, or Ray Mears) to carry any knife around. Last time we went on a ferry they confiscated any knives they found (fortunately I hadn’t planned that thoroughly for a self catering holiday).
I once put a paring knife,/peeler set into my hand luggage and had it confiscated. I was told I could have put it in my suitcase. I checked quickly, it seems regs are still the same.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I had a quick google of Japanese knife laws - because while gun crime is down they have had some horrific knife attacks - and tourists can buy knives and they get all taped up for transport and sealed. So plausible present.
However, as it is likely to end up on the rusty knife wall of shame why spend that much? Couldn’t you just get her some Hello Kitty? Or some smol smol ceramic bowls.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I had a quick google of Japanese knife laws - because while gun crime is down they have had some horrific knife attacks - and tourists can buy knives and they get all taped up for transport and sealed. So plausible present.
However, as it is likely to end up on the rusty knife wall of shame why spend that much? Couldn’t you just get her some Hello Kitty? Or some smol smol ceramic bowls.
I def. wouldn't be giving my ex a knife but wouldn't put it past Jack to have dropped a few unsubtle hints. Can just imagine the conversation, LJC asking if there's anything she wants back - most people would ask for some of those cool flavoured KitKats or some other Japanese delicacy, but this is Jack we're talking about after all. And the knife does seem suspiciously clean compared to her other utensils. Also interesting it's featured on insta on a Saturday night, whilst LJC is BUSY posting her own insta stories of a great night out.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I def. wouldn't be giving my ex a knife but wouldn't put it past Jack to have dropped a few unsubtle hints. Can just imagine the conversation, LJC asking if there's anything she wants back - most people would ask for some of those cool flavoured KitKats or some other Japanese delicacy, but this is Jack we're talking about after all. And the knife does seem suspiciously clean compared to her other utensils. Also interesting it's featured on insta on a Saturday night, whilst LJC is BUSY posting her own insta stories of a great night out.
She had a Global hanging on the rusty knife wall of doom, that we saw photos of before...

0200528094050.jpg

SS - @Marmalade Atkins

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 57

I wonder what people who haven't read the (incredibly thorough) Wiki think that we've all been banging on about for over 200 threads.

Do they think we've just copy and pasted 'don't like her because she was definitely for sure poor once and wants to help people' over and over and over?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
How has she gone from liquid dinners to something that you could break a tooth on? In the pursuit of #sources found out her family home had a 5 ring range master, idek what this is but impressed they managed to fit one in the one bed flat she feigned growing up in for a minute

View attachment 758569
View attachment 758570
Thank god they do free delivery on these x
View attachment 758571
I used to live in a flat with a tiny kitchen, there wasn't room for an oven. There was a double cupboard under the sink, then on the side wall there was an under counter fridge with ice box, the hob was on top of that and next to that was the washing machine. Jack was doing well with an oven in a kitchen that small

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I used to live in a flat with a tiny kitchen, there wasn't room for an oven. There was a double cupboard under the sink, then on the side wall there was an under counter fridge with ice box, the hob was on top of that and next to that was the washing machine. Jack was doing well with an oven in a kitchen that small
Just googled it, not only are they bleeping huge they’re close to £3k. How she has the cheek to claim she grew up poor & in one of her dad’s shithole rentals is beyond me when she published the truth in a book a decade ago.

565E20F2-09C7-4B1A-97C3-094A10DABC37.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Just googled it, not only are they bleeping huge they’re close to £3k. How she has the cheek to claim she grew up poor & in one of her dad’s shithole rentals is beyond me when she published the truth in a book a decade ago.

View attachment 758687
To be fair I have a five ring rangemaster hob which the previous owners bought. It's just the hob not the oven and is more like £250-£300 I think. So she might've had similar? Like this:
Screenshot_20210912-090638.png

But then this is Jack so she probably had the whopoff expensive one

• Heart
Reactions: 32
That comes under meaningless meaningful words again, I think.
Not going anywhere near birth date truthing here but broken biscuit chocolate refrigerator cake was very fashionable mid 80s to 90s as a speciality of chalet girl type cookery, with luxe additions such as the currently fashionable pearl sugar slug eggs). Pretty sure it was featured in magazines as a speciality of Wills and Harry's nanny (Tiggy?) so maybe her old mate Harry passed on the recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Camilla son Tom was at the fortnum thing, wonder if theyre pals?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.