Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've read some of it. I'm not a troll, no. Just someone who isn't convinced Jack is all 100% terrible. I don't think she's above criticism but I don't think she's as bad as some people make out. I think she has genuine difficulties with organisation and people skills, and she commits to things she can't actually fulfill. I also think she needs help for her mental health. But I don't think she's malicious.
You've just made me come out of lurkville to gawp in wonder at the fact that you are trying to convince us that Jack Monroe is some misunderstood angel of the poor when there are 200k posts before this one showing receipts, evidence of lies, bullying, pile-ons, animal cruelty, grifting etc.
You're not going to convert anyone.

ETA grifting, not gifting!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 93
I thought she would of spent tonight Googling tennis terms to impress our lord LJC or at least popped a photo of mini Jack on Instagram with a caption of how she could of excelled in tennis had mother and father been able to afford her tennis lessons but alas due to her ballet, karate and of course those pesky feral foster kids the funds would not allow such outcomes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
If that knife really is that expensive, it could have been a gift or a charity shop find? I only check this thread very occasionally but I have some expensive items in my house that I just kind of got lucky finding. I definitely didn't pay full price for any of my more expensive belongings.
None of the above, it was found in a sarf end puddle.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Where's the egg? 👀👀

ETA text since that font is so hard to read -

”The gold glitter spray I use on everything - cakes, hot chocolate, smoothie bowls, bread, desserts, anything that needs some sparkle - is this from Asda, it’s £3.25, alcohol free, and lasts for ages. (Not a as, I just get asked a lot!)”

View attachment 758327
Oh my days I've spent months slagging off the gold spray and have now realised that I used the silver version on my son's space themed birthday cake! 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I've just spent an hour reading previous threads and my eyes hurt. There is just... so much.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I'm not familiar with patreon, does it show you posts even if you're not signed up? Are you sure there aren't more recent posts you just can't see because you're not a member?
I’m not trying to moderate and I’m absolutely not telling you not to post (I would like to make that crystal clear, it’s genuinely not what I’m doing) but why are you here and posting? There’s absolutely nothing wrong with liking/admiring someone and there’s nothing wrong with only seeing good in people (in the respect that they’ve deleted things from social media). But she has 206 threads!!! It’s only been in the last few months it’s died down because she wasn’t up to any online shenanigans - which most of her Twitter followers don’t see because she posts then deletes - but this is the most fluid thread I read.

I don’t understand why you keep saying here she’s not a bad person or she has a medical condition in this setting - genuine question, do you think you will change our minds about her?

Not everything Jack has done is on the Wiki because the server would melt. But people are politely explaining why we feel the way we feel and it appears to be being questioned. Even if you chose a thread at random from thread 1 you will see screenshots of things that haven’t seen the light of day on Twitter for more than a second. She’s actually a dangerous woman in my opinion - did you know she referred to those of us who have chosen to be honest about our addictions in a derogatory way on Twitter? Do you know the story with the kitten? Do you know about the pile on she caused of Jamie Oliver, or her insinuation David Walliams had a cocaine habit and his books were racist? Did you know she came here to try and shut everyone down (but in the end got her arse handed to her on a plate, politely though)? Or very recently when others listened to a podcast and she made a joke about her son getting his head kicked in at secondary school? None of these things are justifiable whether she does or doesn’t have ADHD or alcoholism or anything else - in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 92
Impulsive spending is part of ADHD, so perhaps she treated herself with one of her book advances? I think she might be traumatised by when she was poor so she still has the mindset of someone living in poverty, and that's what comes across when she chooses to do things the long way for the sake of a few ££s. I'm inclined to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, to a point.
NEWSFLASH

She was never poor…….it’s all a lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
You've just made me come out of lurkville to gawp in wonder at the fact that you are trying to convince us that Jack Monroe is some misunderstood angel of the poor when there are 200k posts before this one showing receipts, evidence of lies, bullying, pile-ons, animal cruelty, grifting etc.
You're not going to convert anyone.

ETA grifting, not gifting!
TBF Dear Heart, I do recall some gifting of sweets and chocolates to overseas squiggles. So you're not wrong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I’m not trying to moderate and I’m absolutely not telling you not to post (I would like to make that crystal clear, it’s genuinely not what I’m doing) but why are you here and posting? There’s absolutely nothing wrong with liking/admiring someone and there’s nothing wrong with only seeing good in people (in the respect that they’ve deleted things from social media). But she has 206 threads!!! It’s only been in the last few months it’s died down because she wasn’t up to any online shenanigans - which most of her Twitter followers don’t see because she posts then deletes - but this is the most fluid thread I read.

I don’t understand why you keep saying here she’s not a bad person or she has a medical condition in this setting - genuine question, do you think you will change our minds about her?

Not everything Jack has done is on the Wiki because the server would melt. But people are politely explaining why we feel the way we feel and it appears to be being questioned. Even if you chose a thread at random from thread 1 you will see screenshots of things that haven’t seen the light of day on Twitter for more than a second. She’s actually a dangerous woman in my opinion - did you know she referred to those of us who have chosen to be honest about our addictions in a derogatory way on Twitter? Do you know the story with the kitten? Do you know about the pile on she caused of Jamie Oliver, or her insinuation David Walliams had a cocaine habit and his books were racist? Did you know she came here to try and shut everyone down (but in the end got her arse handed to her on a plate, politely though)? Or very recently when others listened to a podcast and she made a joke about get something getting his head kicked in at secondary school? None of these things are justifiable whether she does or doesn’t have ADHD or alcoholism or anything else - in my opinion.
I've come here because I'm interested and I've asked questions. I've not tried to persuade anyone of anything and yet I've been accused of being a troll and even Jack herself. I haven't repeatedly excused anything and said it's because of medical conditions. I've mentioned ADHD once or twice because I also have it and I sympathise with her lack of organisation. Aside from that, the only other positive thing I actually said was I don't think she's deliberately malicious. Are we not all entitled to our opinions?

NEWSFLASH

She was never poor…….it’s all a lie.
I've literally just found out this evening (thanks to the endless posts here) that she comes from a wealthy family. I'm gobsmacked.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I forgot all about Eamonn's cousin. Although I love that advert he's in for the leg thing
Christ lads i go for a piss and a sandwich and tea and an unbroken biscuit and come back to chaos.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
I've come here because I'm interested and I've asked questions. I've not tried to persuade anyone of anything and yet I've been accused of being a troll and even Jack herself. I haven't repeatedly excused anything and said it's because of medical conditions. I've mentioned ADHD once or twice because I also have it and I sympathise with her lack of organisation. Aside from that, the only other positive thing I actually said was I don't think she's deliberately malicious. Are we not all entitled to our opinions?

I've literally just found out this evening (thanks to the endless posts here) that she comes from a wealthy family. I'm gobsmacked.
People are suspicious though because everyone here is of the same opinion - she’s not a good person. I felt that you were questioning what you were being told - asking for confirmation of the source if the things were on the Wiki - why would we lie?!

I quite like Kate Garraway, I feel heartfelt sympathy for what her family are going through and I see her as a genuine person. She has a thread on here and a lot of people have the opposite opinion. When they say she has enough money in the bank and doesn’t need to sell stories about her husband’s help, I don’t ask them to show me how they know that or argue with them because that’s not what it’s about here.

I’m glad you’re starting to see what she’s really like. But in my honest opinion it looked like you were standing up for her when my understanding of the Tattle set-up is that there is a rave section and other than that, if you don’t like what people are saying then it’s maybe best to not read them.

I feel like I’m over-egging it (see what I did there) but I’m not moderating or trying to tell anyone what they should or shouldn’t say, just that this is my view on a discussion forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Christ lads i go for a piss and a sandwich and a biscuit and an unbroken biscuit and come back to chaos.
I know how you feel, I was watching Lucifer, I came back and I'm still not sure what's going on. It's all a bit broken biscuits

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This is the exam for your GCSE in chaos, hopefully you’ve got your clear pencil case at the top right hand corner of your desk with your student ID facing upwards. Please remove all labels from water bottles and put scarves and hoodies on the backs of your chair. Good luck ✨
“Please ensure that you have three pens in the breast pocket of your pleather front jacket and only sit at a desk that makes you look like Buddy at Elf school”

• Haha
Reactions: 54
People are suspicious though because everyone here is of the same opinion - she’s not a good person. I felt that you were questioning what you were being told - asking for confirmation of the source if the things were on the Wiki - why would we lie?!

I quite like Kate Garraway, I feel heartfelt sympathy for what her family are going through and I see her as a genuine person. She has a thread on here and a lot of people have the opposite opinion. When they say she has enough money in the bank and doesn’t need to sell stories about her husband’s help, I don’t ask them to show me how they know that or argue with them because that’s not what it’s about here.

I’m glad you’re starting to see what she’s really like. But in my honest opinion it looked like you were standing up for her when my understanding of the Tattle set-up is that there is a rave section and other than that, if you don’t like what people are saying then it’s maybe best to not read them.

I feel like I’m over-egging it (see what I did there) but I’m not moderating or trying to tell anyone what they should or shouldn’t say, just that this is my view on a discussion forum.
People keep mentioning the rave section, I have no idea what that is???

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.