Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"the Italian brand Smeg is best known for what?" was just a question on the chase.

"three fridges, Brad" was unfortunately not the answer

• Haha
Reactions: 47
In a bowl sits some peas (possibly still frozen), instant noodles, weetabix shaped mackerel fillets, bamboo shoots, other unidentifiable food stuff, and a raw egg yolk in oily liquid. There are chopsticks placed on top. This is named ramen for breakfast.

That’ll do.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Have been enjoying the descriptions of the blog posts, great parody! Don't forget the greatest parody of a poor ever...Jack Monroe!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh god scrolling through her insta (can you tell how boring my evening has been) and what does she have against breakfast?!?!

661A2F3A-ED10-4B33-BF3E-5FD40C43951B.jpeg

1EB1A7EA-CD2F-44C6-8F71-586167E43B93.jpeg

Also she is OBSESSED with eggs - is there a dish she doesn’t throw them into uncooked?! It’s like every other photo is a sad bowl or plate of slop and it’s guaranteed to have an undercooked egg on it.

Though I did chuckle when I came across this. After DKL I think we all know what the secret ingredient is now, don’t we? 🐴 💦

3B3E0EE9-481D-4A1A-8E58-2DF2DF9D1F61.jpeg

(This was posted March 2019, couldn’t be arsed to screenshot the ramble - a whole year before DKL).

ETA: Look at this, different cohost but the same expression, lifting a fork.

1D123B54-9601-4954-826F-39EE0045C723.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
She is beyond parody! She just makes an arse of herself. Good luck on Insta Jack with your photos of unappetizing food and garrulous prose

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh god scrolling through her insta (can you tell how boring my evening has been) and what does she have against breakfast?!?!

View attachment 765124
View attachment 765125

Also she is OBSESSED with eggs - is there a dish she doesn’t throw them into uncooked?! It’s like every other photo is a sad bowl or plate of slop and it’s guaranteed to have an undercooked egg on it.

Though I did chuckle when I came across this. After DKL I think we all know what the secret ingredient is now, don’t we? 🐴 💦

View attachment 765136
(This was posted March 2019, couldn’t be arsed to screenshot the ramble - a whole year before DKL).

View attachment 765150
Why would you want to start your day with pure sulphur? The farts coming from the crappy bungalow must've been heard halfway down the street. Think all of Mrs J's bike rides must've been wind powered!

Also, that's how I've seen a lot of Americans on IG do their eggs. For some reason my daughter has incredibly strong feelings about this, and yells at her phone when she sees it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34

View attachment 765124
View attachment 765125

View attachment 765136

View attachment 765150
IMG_20210915_232851.jpg
ive actually highlighted the egg questioning its existence on this dish?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Is she using some kind of appalling filter on those or does she actually go and rub her hands in the dirt before she takes the photos?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
On a personal note, as someone who can only eat combined eggs (scrambled or omelette) I never appreciate the erroneous/poorly judged full egg!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

View attachment 765124
View attachment 765125

View attachment 765136

View attachment 765150
Overly heavy eyeliner and Suzanne from Grange Hill hair aside, she looks so much better in the pre-filler days. Honestly the combo of those calculating shark eyes and unnaturally plumped lips is seriously disconcerting.

Reactions: 29

View attachment 765124
View attachment 765125

View attachment 765136

View attachment 765150
The first post is dated May 19. Two months after she moved to the bungalow. She says the school is a two hour round trip.
Why would you move to a house an hour, away from your child's school? I could understand if it were central London where housing is a nightmare, but we've already talked about how many available and lovely properties are in Southend.
Unless the crappy bungalow is actually a very nice house in a really nice area and that's why you rented it. (It is)
Oh and it wouldn't really matter how close you were to the school if you aren't the resident parent

Reactions: 37
The first post is dated May 19. Two months after she moved to the bungalow. She says the school is a two hour round trip.
Why would you move to a house an hour, away from your child's school? I could understand if it were central London where housing is a nightmare, but we've already talked about how many available and lovely properties are in Southend.
Unless the crappy bungalow is actually a very nice house in a really nice area and that's why you rented it. (It is)
Oh and it wouldn't really matter how close you were to the school if you aren't the resident parent
I wonder if it's partly because of school dramas that SB ended up being with his dad? She's mentioned him moving schools a few times, and I know there was quite a long gap after she left Allegra and her being able to find him another school place. If dad is settled and near school, it certainly makes more sense for him to be there rather than being dragged about with his mum.

Reactions: 29
I wonder if it's partly because of school dramas that SB ended up being with his dad? She's mentioned him moving schools a few times, and I know there was quite a long gap after she left Allegra and her being able to find him another school place. If dad is settled and near school, it certainly makes more sense for him to be there rather than being dragged about with his mum.
He's been with his father (as resident parent) for a long time. EG said that the school is very close to the Dad's house, which is why he went there. In the case of separated parents and school places, the child is allocated a school on the address of the parent who has main responsibility and receives Child Benefit.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.