Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The upside down rat tail, the '50p sized hole' in her lip, the teething necklace, the "Hellman's are going to use my videos for media training masterclasses". Ahhh, those were the days.
I sometimes wake up in a cold sweat from secondhand embarrassment, thinking of that photo where she has her fists tucked under her chin and grinning with glee.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
That picture of her on set with Emma Freud is terrifying. That's not looking moonily at someone, the way she's holding that fork is hella menacing af.

jack's fun pie day.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Oh frauen, I'm appalled.

Jack is an answer on Pointless.

Edit: oh dear, a contestant who owns her books got her name wrong.

Making my nomination for next thread title now - "Jack Morley".

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 82
Thanks to Pointless we now know they’re less well known than a jackfruit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
I haven't seen Pointless in about ten years, does Richard Osman still present it? If he laughed at the contestant getting Jack's name wrong, that'll be a (dirty, rusty) knife to the heart, as he's one of her favourite blue tickers.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Jack is Pointless.
I wanna know why no one wad howling and clawing at the floor at the person no knowing who she was, i mean shes like the queen (of the povs,) everyone should know her

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My boy came home and said "Mum, today I've been learning all about Marcus Rashford." He proceeded to tell me lots of FACTS. He loves FACTS.

Marcus has obviously replaced Jack on the syllabus now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
This would be fine, albeit slightly cringey, if it was a candid shot of someone caught in a moment of happiness and excitement. The cringe factor hits new heights when it dawns on you that Jack probably set up the tripod and timer herself and spent 20 minutes trying to get the perfect shot.
There's a whole series of them. For anyone who hasn't seen them:

😳

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
21C716E8-11DF-4BA9-B03E-2EF2E534D1B0.jpeg

It didn’t thicken in the oven….

…this item of grimness ⬆ is actually a frozen Waitrose mini lasagne my teen heated for herself tonight (don’t worry, I didn’t lose the run of myself and make a Jack recipe, I was just too late back from work/making dinner for my teen’s liking…but at least she’s eaten something….), but the picture really doesn’t do any justice to the pool of watery “bechamel” that certainly did not thicken as promised.

Anyway, I saw it and thought of you…

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.