Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to gifted school in the 80s, it was just extra school on a Saturday to do more and harder work, it was only for young kids though, like up to 12-13.
At age 6 To 7 I was reading the Famous Five and Secret Seven (less good) I think this is why I’m hypersensitive to glorious, wonderful, jolly Enid Blyton Jack.
Ohhh, I loved the Famous Five and Secret Seven (though I preferred Secret Seven, boy thing?). Though how old I was at the time I couldn't tell you, it was soooooooo long ago.

Also, what I was reading as a child is irrelevant as an adult. Jack just cannot let her childhood go, can she? She is consumed with resentment, her bitterness is palpable. However it is clear that Jack blames everyone else for failings in her past, shouldering non of the blame herself.

Instead of constantly looking back, to her childhood, her failures in the past, her time in the fire service, her time in "poverty", her time in the limelight, her time when money was so plentiful she dinned at the Groucho, she should be looking forward.

Jack should look at where she is and what she can do to progress. She was given a chance because of her history (real or fantasy) so she should be grateful for that past. Jack was given an opportunity that most people in poverty do not get. Build on that and move forward.

We are all a product of our past, it makes us who we are. Most of us have made mistakes, had chances we wasted, would do things differently, had people do things to us unfairly. However most use that past constructively to make a better future and leave all that where it belongs, history.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Wasn't Jack mega salty towards Eco-Squiggle at the back of last year? I wouldn't know which thread for receipts.
I will raaaaage if we get Eco-Jack

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Ohhh, I loved the Famous Five and Secret Seven (though I preferred Secret Seven, boy thing?). Though how old I was at the time I couldn't tell you, it was soooooooo long ago.

Also, what I was reading as a child is irrelevant as an adult. Jack just cannot let her childhood go, can she? She is consumed with resentment, her bitterness is palpable. However it is clear that Jack blames everyone else for failings in her past, shouldering non of the blame herself.

Instead of constantly looking back, to her childhood, her failures in the past, her time in the fire service, her time in "poverty", her time in the limelight, her time when money was so plentiful she dinned at the Groucho, she should be looking forward.

Jack should look at where she is and what she can do to progress. She was given a chance because of her history (real or fantasy) so she should be grateful for that past. Jack was given an opportunity that most people in poverty do not get. Build on that and move forward.

We are all a product of our past, it makes us who we are. Most of us have made mistakes, had chances we wasted, would do things differently, had people do things to us unfairly. However most use that past constructively to make a better future and leave all that where it belongs, history.
Dunno Manc, I feel like after the famous five, that seven actual people in a gang was a bit much. Like that’s what was a step too far for me and made it seem unbelievable 🤣 not the underground smugglers caves reached by boat in the dead of night by kids🤣
On topic - could be any cat that, including Coosy’s sibling who resides with the ‘rents round the corner
Where’s the postcards Jack? And the wabbit?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Dunno Manc, I feel like after the famous five, that seven actual people in a gang was a bit much. Like that’s what was a step too far for me and made it seem unbelievable 🤣 not the underground smugglers caves reached by boat in the dead of night by kids🤣
On topic - could be any cat that, including Coosy’s sibling who resides with the ‘rents round the corner
Where’s the postcards Jack? And the wabbit?
Did the secret seven include a dog? And was the Secret Seven the one with someone called fatty who used to like dressing up as an old lady,?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Hmmm I'm afraid after her posting age old Dash content, I don't believe any of these 'look see, I'm at home in my garden' posts 🧐
I don't even believe she lives in the crappy bungalow anymore, I reckon she's back with her parents sorry, I mean room mates.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
At least Coopsie is no longer described as a prick.

No visibility of his nosey-wose. Are the brambly mice still there? Or did they get fed up of the grated corned beef and halloumi too?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.