Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not forgetting the chap who sidled up to her in a supermarket, leaned over and whispered in her ear that she was his hero (or some such tit)
Let's not forget the homeless of Edinburgh who were sooooo grateful to eat her yellow sticker concoctions whilst she was chowing down on Five Guys.

EDIT: Sorry I that see Lenny beat me to it. I always comment before I've fully grunked. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I'm also an allotment frau, and can but dream of a compost tumbler. They are very expensive ( but probably very good)

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I don't even believe she lives in the crappy bungalow anymore, I reckon she's back with her parents sorry, I mean room mates.
I’ve said this before, I think she is home with her parents, hence pictures of their cat, Sb is with his dad, and they were helping with the garden as she was or had already vacated the bungelow, and the landlady wanted a garden not a wilderness

• Heart
Reactions: 41
OT/ but loving the Famous Five and Secret Seven references. We've been enjoying a bit of a Swallows and Amazons vibe recently as my brother cycled up to the southern end of Lake Coniston. He sailed his dinghy north, slept on it overnight, enjoyed a bracing swim in the lake before breakfast, and climbed a mountain when he got to the top end. I really hope this was accompanied by lashings of ginger beer. He'll be 66 next birthday. Sadly, he doesn't own a dog, but he does have three chickens. I don't suppose that counts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
OT/ but loving the Famous Five and Secret Seven references. We've been enjoying a bit of a Swallows and Amazons vibe recently as my brother cycled up to the southern end of Lake Coniston. He sailed his dinghy north, slept on it overnight, enjoyed a bracing swim in the lake before breakfast, and climbed a mountain when he got to the top end. I really hope this was accompanied by lashings of ginger beer. He'll be 66 next birthday. Sadly, he doesn't own a dog, but he does have three chickens. I don't suppose that counts.
I actually tried to break out of a room with a newspaper and a hair clip, it 100% was impossible to get the key to drop. This ruined my enjoyment of the film “Misery” in later life also.
On topic- no way could Jack maintain a boat

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Us... Well because... You know....
Life because no one will buy her a forever home and keep her sitting pretty.

I have dyspraxia, diagnosed at school. My sister and my mum helped me jump hurdles and i managed to go all they way through school onto university.

Regardless of what she has got she never seems to highlight them on a positive light in a way people who are in a similar boat can identify with. My nephew has adhd and struggles, yet he doesnt blame others for his faults.
I think that is what I was trying to say and you have said it better than me. A lot of people think have a disability like autism or dyspraxia is an excuse for being lazy so her behaviour is not helpful to us.
It would be great if she did something to lift up other people who may face similar challenges but do not get paid to write about them for a national newspaper. A lot of people who talk a lot on social media about a lot of social justice issues seem to think they are the most oppressed person in the world when actually they have a lot to be grateful for. Jack made that article about Greta Thundburg and autism all about herself (which is ironic as Greta is totally focused on her cause and not cantering herself at all).

I actually tried to break out of a room with a newspaper and a hair clip, it 100% was impossible to get the key to drop. This ruined my enjoyment of the film “Misery” in later life also.
On topic- no way could Jack maintain a boat
I also tried to do that as a child as well as using orange juice as invisible ink. You can see that something has been written in orange juice which defeats the entire purpose.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Everybody agrees that the Secret Seven are inferior to the Famous Five. Hotes is right, seven is just too many children, in any context. Jack likes to boast about her precocious reading, WELL at my primary school you had to finish reading a series of books (the final one was The Two Giants, if you want to be forensic about it) before you were given your hymn book and I, traumatised sideboard, was the first child to get their hymn book 😌 That's right, there's been a real former child genius in your midst this whole time!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Looking back at the Dash photo she used from a year ago made me think.... She posted the picture of SB 'enjoying' her rank cabbage the other day with SB in the background. Now I'm no child expert, but they really don't look like the hands of an 11 year old boy to me 😬🤔 Do we think she could have used an old photo to pretend SB was with her on that day like she (allegedly) has with the rabbit?
I thought that too.

Reactions: 20
I must be the odd one out...again. ☹
Nope, I was a Secret Seven fan too, never cared too much for the Famous Five ☺
It was all about Mr. Meddle and Mr. Twiddle for me, when I first started school. Could not get enough of them. Would re-read them to death. That she thinks she is anything special because she could read at five. duck me!

Me-rail ...Oh, and my sister is in the same age range as Jack - I had her reading easily by five too, by sneaking out the Billy Blue Hats/Roger Red Hats from the school library. One good thing about the 10 year age gap, at least! We were a single parent family by then and, let’s just say that the split was far from amicable and the parent with responsibility did not handle said responsibility well. Even then, I knew reading was another world to escape to!

I also had both my kids reading well by start of year one. It’s not that bleeping difficult or exceptional, Jackie - especially if you have kids that really dig reading to start.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I also tried to do that as a child as well as using orange juice as invisible ink. You can see that something has been written in orange juice which defeats the entire purpose.
I think you were meant to use lemon juice, not orange juice, on account of the how do I put it, orangeness of orange juice 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 41
It was all about Mr. Meddle and Mr. Twiddle for me, when I first started school. Could not get enough of them. Would re-read them to death. That she thinks she is anything special because she could read at five. duck me!

Me-rail ...Oh, and my sister is in the same age range as Jack - I had her reading easily by five too, by sneaking out the Billy Blue Hats/Roger Red Hats from the school library. One good thing about the 10 year age gap, at least! We were a single parent family by then and, let’s just say that the split was far from amicable and the parent with responsibility did not handle said responsibility well. Even then, I knew reading was another world to escape to!

I also had both my kids reading well by start of year one. It’s not that bleeping difficult or exceptional, Jackie - especially if you have kids that really dig reading to start.
I honestly cannot remember learning to read. I remember getting Ben and lad in my first year of school and then reading and reading alot like i still do. I didnt like the famous five or the secret seven( i liked Enid Blyton) but always preferred the more obscure books. Had the entire creepers collection and read alot about animals.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.