Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack’s last attempt at writing about climate change involved an article in which she compared herself to Greta Thunberg

It also featured one of my favourite Jack fantasies of all time…the fantasy being that as a child she was basically Matilda
View attachment 759306
Sorry to drag the conversation back, but why (they didn't of course) would a grammar school in a fairly wealthy part of Essex employ one of these for Jack (who still can't spell thank you).

Reactions: 27
Someone alert the Italians. It’s jollof rice all over again!

It’s not cacio e pepe if you’ve stuck loads of other tit in it, Jack. Just, for once, do something classic without bastardising it, I beg you.

Christ.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
We’re lucky that the cacio e pepe part of this dish wasn’t rinsed hoops with POBP and a smartprice cheese triangle Jack seems to think any pasta with obligatory black pepper and cheese deserves a FANCY name

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Another made up character is the ASDA boss who she later saw stacking her books.

The head of year who said she would amount to nothing.

lipstick lady doctor?

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Sorry to drag the conversation back, but why (they didn't of course) would a grammar school in a fairly wealthy part of Essex employ one of these for Jack (who still can't spell thank you).
The Local Authority employs Ed Psychs so that’s how Jack could have accessed one.
ETA AFAIK they’re not employed to come to the house and make an assessment of autism which is then deliberately withheld

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I actually think this looks like one of her more decent efforts but either describe the whole dish in Italian or none of it. It’s like when people say stuff like ‘aloo gobi with chickpeas’. Stop it.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Someone alert the Italians. It’s jollof rice all over again!

It’s not cacio e pepe if you’ve stuck loads of other tit in it, Jack. Just, for once, do something classic without bastardising it, I beg you.

Christ.
remember anything can be anything can be anything EXCEPT jack’s dad’s crappy trifle . That’s sacred.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Its pasta and cheese with green goop and orange juice that she didnt strain.

Guess she didnt fancy beans today or eggs. Shocker

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I actually think this looks like one of her more decent efforts
I was going to say that can't really go wrong with a plate of pasta, but then I remembered the lingreenie.

ETA Poca got there ahead of me, dammit!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I did wonder when they did the cabbage dish and started talking about air miles and local brassica if we would get Environment Jack. And it would appear we have. Who-bloody-hoo

• Haha
Lest we forget we had self washing hair Jack a few months ago, which would suggest her eco/off-grid persona has been fermenting like a slow-cooker full of PG Tips for a few months now.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Another made up character is the ASDA boss who she later saw stacking her books.

The head of year who said she would amount to nothing.

lipstick lady doctor?
Not forgetting the chap who sidled up to her in a supermarket, leaned over and whispered in her ear that she was his hero (or some such tit)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Eco Jack is an all too easy identity to co-opt
-no car
- “second-hand” and charity shop/puddle finds
-tit upcycling of tins
- salt is salt spa bath milk bottle treat
-everything cooked all day in a slow cooker/no lightbulbs saving electric
-saves yellow stickerfood from landfill

Bot help us Fraus

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Eco Jack is an all too easy identity to co-opt
-no car
- “second-hand” and charity shop/puddle finds
-tit upcycling of tins
- salt is salt spa bath milk bottle treat
-everything cooked all day in a slow cooker/no lightbulbs saving electric
-saves yellow stickerfood from landfill

Bot help us Fraus
Ironic on that last point that she also makes yellow sticker food look like landfill.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.