Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack’s last attempt at writing about climate change involved an article in which she compared herself to Greta Thunberg

It also featured one of my favourite Jack fantasies of all time…the fantasy being that as a child she was basically Matilda
View attachment 759306
Her world must be amazing to live in. Imagine "being incredible" at everything in your own mind.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Her world must be amazing to live in. Imagine "being incredible" at everything in your own mind.
also she was reading her parent’s books at four but then had regressed to charlie and the chocolate factory by six? What was going on there? (oh yeah…she’s full of tit)

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Jack’s last attempt at writing about climate change involved an article in which she compared herself to Greta Thunberg

It also featured one of my favourite Jack fantasies of all time…the fantasy being that as a child she was basically Matilda
View attachment 759306
She's saying she was reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory either towards the end of Year One or the first two thirds of Year Two like it's something remarkable? It's literally the normal reading age range for the book, along with The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
View attachment 758615

Why would you want to lie down in your kitchen…

Charlatan!
When I was a poor , newly married student in Aberdeen in the 80's, we had a tiny kitchen, certainly couldn't nor would I want to lie down in it either!
However still managed to rustle up some very tasty food as luckily lived near a decent butchers and fishmonger so got lots of cheap cuts from there ( including v reasonably priced game which no one else would touch! and there was even a greengrocer nearby too, so loads of veggies for pots of soup ) No yellow label stuff required . My mum grew up during WW2 and rationing and my granddad was a master baker, so I learned some very valuable , frugal cooking skills from them, and didn't need to rely on rinsed beans.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
also she was reading her parent’s books at four but then had regressed to charlie and the chocolate factory by six? What was going on there? (oh yeah…she’s full of tit)
Maybe her parents books are, like, Dr Seuss or something 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 47
To be fair, I’ve regressed since the “great crash of Autumn 2019”.

I could barely comprehend the instructions to make courgette brownies just now and there is no way I could read even a page of my Dad’s books on Stalin.

Now Take a break on the other hand…🥴🎃🍂🍁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
The bullying parent-governor may be my favourite fictional character. Imagine her parents:

"Our gifted and talented daughter is reading at a higher level than her class. Shall we speak to her teacher about it, so she doesn't get bored?"

"Nah, let's just tell a random governor. Oooh, why not the one from up the road, he's got a reputation for being a raging head."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
The bullying parent-governor may be my favourite fictional character. Imagine her parents:

"Our gifted and talented daughter is reading at a higher level than her class. Shall we speak to her teacher about it, so she doesn't get bored?"

"Nah, let's tell a random governor. Oooh, why not the one from up the road, he's got a reputation for being a raging head."
imaginary characters who have wronged jack:

-Bullying parent-governer
-Old chief anti-traaaaazers on a bird
-Unnamed Journalists who laughed at Jack saying she wanted to write a book on the holocaust and predicting the rise of trump because she didn’t go to university
-Pret boardroom stealing her undisclosed but definitely real recipe
-White trash shouldn’t breed lady
-shin kicking victim
-Russell Brand, sometimes
-The whole of Southend because she has tattoos

feel free to add fraus

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Is this a different autism diagnosis story to the other two. It was very difficult to get an autism diagnosis when Jack was growing up. I was diagnosed as an adult I was diagnosed with dyspraxia at school. In a neurodiversity group I went to all the girls were diagnosed with dyspraxia and all the boys were diagnosed with Asperger despite having similar needs.

I really hate the autism is my super power discourse. It is so harmful for those who are more severely affected. It also isn’t a super power.

I really struggled at school and not because people did not recognise my brilliance but because there were basic tasks that everyone was expected todo that I couldn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

-Unnamed Journalists who laughed at Jack saying she wanted to write a book on the holocaust and predicting the rise of trump because she didn’t go to university
-shin kicking victim

feel free to add fraus
Us... Well because... You know....
Life because no one will buy her a forever home and keep her sitting pretty.

Is this a different autism diagnosis story to the other two. It was very difficult to get an autism diagnosis when Jack was growing up. I was diagnosed as an adult I was diagnosed with dyspraxia at school. In a neurodiversity group I went to all the girls were diagnosed with dyspraxia and all the boys were diagnosed with Asperger despite having similar needs.

I really hate the autism is my super power discourse. It is so harmful for those who are more severely affected. It also isn’t a super power.

I really struggled at school and not because people did not recognise my brilliance but because there were basic tasks that everyone was expected todo that I couldn’t.
I have dyspraxia, diagnosed at school. My sister and my mum helped me jump hurdles and i managed to go all they way through school onto university.

Regardless of what she has got she never seems to highlight them on a positive light in a way people who are in a similar boat can identify with. My nephew has adhd and struggles, yet he doesnt blame others for his faults.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

-shin kicking victim

feel free to add fraus
The ‘flipping burgers’ teacher.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53

-shin kicking victim

feel free to add fraus
Pretty sure Michael Portillo definitely told her she should have kept her legs shut if she couldn’t afford a child.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Maybe her parents were big ‘Janet and John’ fans?

ETA Got there first @Veronicaaa 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23

-shin kicking victim

feel free to add fraus
These ones are real though
Primary School teacher stalker child abuser and extortioner
Should have kept your legs crossed brother
Should have kept your legs crossed MP (or was this ex-my Michael Portillo?)
Purse theft unfit mother in Spoons

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

View attachment 759306
You know, I'm not even sure she knows she's lying.
She says it all with such conviction.
I read 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe ' when I was seven. I must be a bleeping genius (alas, I am not)
They stopped dishing out the 'Village with 3 corners' books in the eighties. That's where Billy Blue hat lived with his friends Roger Redhat and Jennifer and Johnny Yellowhat. My eldest is a couple of years younger than her and he read those god awful Biff and Chip books. Why is she pretending to be a child of the 70s?
Why would a parent governor ever speak to a Y1 child about what they are reading? What kind of arse would say something like that?
Why would a High School give a psychiatric cognitive test on a y7?
No such thing as a 'gifted and talented school ' unless they just meant a grammar school.
The fact she's got the balls to put all this into print is a sign of her Narcissistic personality. If a Narc says something then it is true, even if it isn't.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

-shin kicking victim

feel free to add fraus
Saleswoman in jacket shop (brazenly appropriated from Pretty Woman cos nobody will have seen that and be able to join the dots)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

View attachment 759306
Several things spring to mind.

Reading Chsrlie and The Chocolate Factory isn't exactly Proust, Educational Psychiatrist- not sure I have come across them, Educational Psychologist maybe? School for Gifted and Talented- would that be a grammar school.

when I was six I read Wind in The Willows. I came across the word bedraggled. I read it as bed raggled. I still prefer my version.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.