Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sources? Get out of here! It's almost like all we've been doing the last year is keeping them....

Who knew!

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Looking back at the Dash photo she used from a year ago made me think.... She posted the picture of SB 'enjoying' her rank cabbage the other day with SB in the background. Now I'm no child expert, but they really don't look like the hands of an 11 year old boy to me 😬🤔 Do we think she could have used an old photo to pretend SB was with her on that day like she (allegedly) has with the rabbit?
I wouldn't put it past her. In fairness though, the picture is taken from a funny angle, and some 11yr old boys are still pretty young and smol looking (especially compared to girls - a FB friend posted pictures of her daughter starting highschool with a flashback of her brother, and the difference is crazy)

Reactions: 19
I wouldn't put it past her. In fairness though, the picture is taken from a funny angle, and some 11yr old boys are still pretty young and smol looking (especially compared to girls - a FB friend posted pictures of her daughter starting highschool with a flashback of her brother, and the difference is crazy)
This is the problem when people lie I guess, people are suspicious of everything and anything they say after that.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
View attachment 758794

Is that broken spaghetti pieces, or threadworms?
I like the way you have your volume bar showing, like you were just checking it wasn't a cheekily added video with the distorted sound of chainsaws and doom in the background.

I'm finally in the present! That took a while, I really hate being BUSY. So many emotions.
Poor Dash. I really hope he is alive and well, with some snuggly bunny pals and lots of yummy suitable foods for him to eat. Daylight, room to stretch out and just bun bun his way through life without being rolled out as #content #hicabal by Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I re read the lime goss article as I couldn’t remember exactly how the Jamie Oliver situation ended. She replied to someone else’s tweet to say she was a bit of a prick and wrote him a letter. Not quite the same as tweeting a proper apology as that would have been missed by the majority of people.

7A13AC5A-76FD-4BA5-B3E8-0D5FA420B2C5.jpeg
Read: “Even if I had written an apology, I know it would get ignored as I‘m just another voice in the noise, no more or less important than any other.”

Reactions: 34
'and now the mist has settled' I wonder how long it took her to get round to writing that? Before or after she got DKL off the back of it.
Re. apologies she wrote in the Express that she considered him a good egg (OK, not her words) for keeping the nation cooking during lock down, remember?
When Carol Malone was away and she was praising the Queen.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Read: “Even if I had written an apology, I know it would get ignored as I‘m just another voice in the noise, no more or less important than any other.”
I fully believe the letter (if it existed) was never sent and this was her justification as to why.

(Hello ninnies!)

• Heart
Reactions: 37
This is from THAT “meme” T-shirt post.
I’ve squiggled the squiggle but hopefully it’s ok to say they’re the Insta account for a branch of Extinction Rebellion 😮

DFB77C1D-C117-42CB-B1C6-6E9384D79A06.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
BEEN BUSY, so have just been catching up. She just keeps on giving. All new readers, read the Wiki. Sometimes it’s hard to get your head around some of the stuff she does/says/puts out there. I just thought she was a rubbish cook with a very annoying way with the English language.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
There'll be lots of COP26 rolling news to hitch a bandwagon onto.

Reactions: 20
I re read the lime goss article as I couldn’t remember exactly how the Jamie Oliver situation ended. She replied to someone else’s tweet to say she was a bit of a prick and wrote him a letter. Not quite the same as tweeting a proper apology as that would have been missed by the majority of people.

This is exactly what I was talking about. So convenient that Jamie Oliver didn’t acknowledge her (entirely made up) apology letter.
She is such a 🛎 🔚

Reactions: 39
It would be ironic if cheap meat muncher monroe was also a climate change activist. Her latest bandwagon do we think?
Jack’s last attempt at writing about climate change involved an article in which she compared herself to Greta Thunberg

It also featured one of my favourite Jack fantasies of all time…the fantasy being that as a child she was basically Matilda
98220FC4-3581-48AC-874B-00F9AF6116B6.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 71
There'll be lots of COP26 rolling news to hitch a bandwagon onto.
Not much money in it for her though, so what would be her incentive? Unless there's tv appearances and Guardian articles that she can steal from a true activist.

Reactions: 31
It would be ironic if cheap meat muncher monroe was also a climate change activist. Her latest bandwagon do we think?
This is one of the things that infuriates me about JM. She gives off this vibe that she wants to be seen to be doing something without actually doing it. She writes a cryptic response designed to make her followers think she's involved with XR, but I don't think she's ever used her platform to actually do much to address climate change?

For people living in poverty I know that environmental impact comes second to, ya know, staying alive. So I fully understand why climate change was never part of JM's brand in the past. But she's not impoverished now and it feels a bit...icky that she still behaves as if she is. She is no longer (if she ever was...) part of the demographic that she's marketed towards. Why can't she just own that? Say "I'm not poor anymore but don't worry, I'll still bring out content that's accessible for those who are" or "This is something I'm passionate about now, but please don't feel pressured/judged if you're not in a position to join in" instead of acting as though she's still selling her lightbulbs.

Then again, maybe that's a good thing. It takes a lot of nuance to advocate for the environment whilst also acknowledging that poverty makes it very difficult to make the "right" choices, and nuance isn't really JM's forte is it? 🤭

(Sorry for the long post, evidently I've been bottling up feelings about Jack for far too long 😂 thanks for the outlet!)

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.