Jack Monroe #204 What’s sock oil?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm terribly sorry but inexplicable egg struck a chord (no pun intended) with me and now we have ...this. I hate to disappoint you Jack but if I can be a classically trained musician and am now only capable of making very silly things like this, listening to Classical FM once won't make you a mega genius. Also for the love of LJC, STOP ADDING EGGS TO EVERYTHING.

I'm waiting for the Pet Slop Bots' first album and the bemusement of many as the canal's inevitable downloads send it into the charts! 😍🤩😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Dearest Cabal/Cable if you haven’t tortured your eardrums already. Please don’t put yourself through it, it’s not worth it.
I'll definitely avoid, I can't stand snorting and sniffing sounds 🤢

On a different note I found the perfect mug for drinking slow cooker tea.
FB_IMG_1630618566894.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 43
So then lads, when do you reckon they'll be giving her phone back to her? A week? Two? Absolute silence since the car crash radio show. Although no one outside the cabal listened I presume.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So then lads, when do you reckon they'll be giving her phone back to her? A week? Two? Absolute silence since the car crash radio show. Although no one outside the cabal listened I presume.
Perhaps she laying low because she knows how bad it was and is hoping if theres enough radio silence people wont remember and voila. Its all back to normal again.

Reactions: 20
I’m listening. LJC help me. She’s currently banging on about having to pick being feminine or masculine. Am I odd that it never crosses my mind whether I’m being one or the other? I’m just a clean scruff. Long hair but bushy eyebrows. She’s not mentioned any gender confusion other than “oh but I’m special because I don’t fit stereotypes”.

Had to submit and tap out at 5:17 after the second big snotty sniff which made me absolutely gip.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Phone is getting lobbed straight into a river going by that interview

• Haha
Reactions: 25
inadvertently heard a bit more after my bedtime playlist finished. she kinda sounds really sad? only perks up when asked about her first song choice?

goddess have mercy if I'm feeling sorry for jack monroe!

Reactions: 20
'Always comes close to the wire, but then always overdelivers on delivery'

Oh duck off Jack, you're lazy and useless and underdeliver everything. That bleeping hyena laugh is traumatic. I can't listen to this before bed either!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I think my thing with Jack is that she relies so much on stereotypes? Like what does it mean to not look "too gay" ???Can't we just say Tomboy and be done with it? Also she's been out as gay since her 20's? so was SB dad's a fling (oh it was a fling/relationship) or a one night stand? Or a relationship? I'm confused?

EDIT: duck's sake she's describing herself as a proxy parent, while being in the role of an older sister. I don't think Nancy Cameron would describe herself as say Florence Cameron's "proxy parent" ( I know it's not the best comparison)

(Couldn't she have blown her bleeping nose?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
'Always comes close to the wire, but then always overdelivers on delivery'

Oh duck off Jack, you're lazy and useless and underdeliver everything. That bleeping hyena laugh is traumatic. I can't listen to this before bed either!
Something tells me that Hellmans, Linda McCartney and Del Monte wouldn't agree on the overdelivering claim 😂 Jesus Christ what an ego she has! Does she see something different to the rest of us? I mean I don't even think Linda McCartney shared her final monstrosity did they?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I find the proxy parent comments sooo odd - she mentions it in almost every interview she does, not like it's an off the cuff kind of claim. Is she talking about the kind of older sibling responsibility like watching them for an hour here and there? Or does she mean her parents literally neglected both her and the foster childrens' needs? It's a pretty serious accusation (they still foster, don't they?!) Why does she even talk about this stuff so often? What does it have to do with food writing? Why is she "mining her trauma" for Virgin's ad revenue? Thought she said she wasn't gonna do that anymore? (Forgive all my rhetorical questions, we all know the answers!)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I think my thing with Jack is that she relies so much on stereotypes? Like what does it mean to not look "too gay" ???Can't we just say Tomboy and be done with it? Also she's been out as gay since her 20's? so was SB dad's a fling (oh it was a fling/relationship) or a one night stand? Or a relationship? I'm confused?

EDIT: duck's sake she's describing herself as a proxy parent, while being in the role of an older sister. I don't think Nancy Cameron would describe herself as say Florence Cameron's "proxy parent" ( I know it's not the best comparison)

(Couldn't she have blown her bleeping nose?)
The gender thing was odd it seemed to be for Jack about how you dress? I am older than Jack so social media may well be an issue now but girls dressings as boys would was unremarkable

The issue then and I suspect now would be males in what is considered female attire but as girls we dressed as we pleased with no commentary other than we were tomboyish

I do appreciate non binary is more than about dress but unless I misunderstood that seemed to be the thing for Jack ?

Reactions: 27
The gender thing was odd it seemed to be for Jack about how you dress? I am older than Jack so social media may well be an issue now but girls dressings as boys would was unremarkable

The issue then and I suspect now would be males in what is considered female attire but as girls we dressed as we pleased with no commentary other than we were tomboyish

I do appreciate non binary is more than about dress but unless I misunderstood that seemed to be the thing for Jack ?
I agree with this. Her dress sense is only masculine at times but really out there and it actually doesn't suit her. She would look better in something similar to sue Perkins. Alittle bit edgy but mostly standard. She seems to get it better when she goes for dresses and feminine clothing. I would say she looks more comfortable and at ease in those.
She still lacks the ability to put an outfit together and own it( viv dress) she normally looks like a teen wearing an outfit thar was forced upon them by their mum.

She would honestly look better if she wore what she was comfortable in without making a statement. Oh and at least threw and iron over them. Especially at work related things. Fair enough slouching around the house.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.