Jack Monroe #204 What’s sock oil?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We will need to have a best single award at the sloppies as there have been so many bangers this past year.

Also in other news guess who is the number one best seller in the whole of Amazon UK today, not just the food section?
Not Jack Monroe, that’s for certain.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Don’t forget when she sauntered round to the chippy during the questionable Covid timeline.
I had just caught on to her shifty grifty lies at that point, pointed out that she shouldn't be out
yet and she deleted
in a FLASH! wahaaaaaaaa

• Haha
Reactions: 25
listened to a few minutes and I think that the very nasal sibilance in her voice (pronounced "vewyy nayzhool shibilanzssh" as an example) could very well be interpreted as sniffing/slurping sort of sounds

but the claim that she was the first ever non binary person?! thousands of years of humanity would like a word, babe

and, "growing up in a tiny village in deepest darkest essex" absolutely sent me!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I'm terribly sorry but inexplicable egg struck a chord (no pun intended) with me and now we have ...this. I hate to disappoint you Jack but if I can be a classically trained musician and am now only capable of making very silly things like this, listening to Classical FM once won't make you a mega genius. Also for the love of LJC, STOP ADDING EGGS TO EVERYTHING.

Fabulous!
“there is no reason why” is very accurate

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Proxy parent
Accidental child rearing
More of a nurturing role than that of a child

She really believes her own publicity

Her son sounds a lovely person as does his father

Reactions: 25
Proxy parent
Accidental child rearing
More of a nurturing role than that of a child

She really believes her own publicity

Her son sounds a lovely person as does his father
I have never known a mum take so much appreciation for what a hard worker they are. Normally mums are humble and usually say things like i hope i am doing enough.

Not i work so hard,for little reward!!! 🙄🙄

Reactions: 29
The bit I don’t get is she says she couldn’t have called her dad and ended it all ( the poverty ) yet the food bank story is her mum coming round with bags of food. So which is it ?

Also her agent will tell you while she goes close to the wire she always over delivers

• Haha
Reactions: 34
So she couldn't have called her well off parents to help her? Her parents are better off than mine were growing up and I could have called them if I got into trouble.

That's complete and utter bullshit.

Reactions: 40
I'm terribly sorry but inexplicable egg struck a chord (no pun intended) with me and now we have ...this. I hate to disappoint you Jack but if I can be a classically trained musician and am now only capable of making very silly things like this, listening to Classical FM once won't make you a mega genius. Also for the love of LJC, STOP ADDING EGGS TO EVERYTHING.

This is amazing. Best one ever. Keep coming back for another listen.

I am leaving Jack's interview until tomorrow. I don't want to go to bed with the sound of Jack's voice stuck in my head, I'll never get to sleep.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I take it all back, I just hit play and got a snif snot blocked nose breathing extravaganza over the guy speaking.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
This is amazing. Best one ever. Keep coming back for another listen.

I am leaving Jack's interview until tomorrow. I don't want to go to bed with the sound of Jack's voice stuck in my head, I'll never get to sleep.
It’s a “bit at a time” event Manc. I’m doing 5 mins per day going forward.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
So she couldn't have called her well off parents to help her? Her parents are better off than mine were growing up and I could have called them if I got into trouble.

That's complete and utter bullshit.
My mum has never been rich yet me or my siblings lift the phone and she's there with whatever she can spare. I dont believe her mum and dad wouldnt help. They seem like caring people to think of them taking in waifs and strays( as she makes out) yet unable to send their daughter 20 quid for the leccy or a bit of shopping, nope!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
My mum has never been rich yet me or my siblings lift the phone and she's there with whatever she can spare. I dont believe her mum and dad wouldnt help. They seem like caring people to think of them taking in waifs and strays( as she makes out) yet unable to send their daughter 20 quid for the leccy or a bit of shopping, nope!
despite the landlordism her dad is involved in a genuinely admirable local cultural conservation project (if that’s even the right thing to call it) and reading the public domain documents he’s v prudent about using community funds for any work so good on him for leaving his ends a better place than he found them tbh. However makes you wonder even more how he stands for her dramatics in the media about growing up poor, a cold and hungry baby - can’t believe I’ve had to type this she’s vile, and still being POOR!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Electroslop is reserved for the cabal only ❤ imagine the bewilderment of someone stumbling across Pet Slop Bots with no context. My cat has watched in confusion for the past few days as I've been performing wild dance moves (in six inch heels, obvs) around my flat singing the original lyrics which were 'I need that inexplicable egg / please don't make me beg'.

Commendations to anyone willing to listen to that radio show. Landslide broke something in me and now listening to her voice stirs up primal rage. I am also not having that go into my Spotify history.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.