Jack Monroe #204 What’s sock oil?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weird ending. Seemed like she was cut off in the middle of the Marcus thing and then during the final THANKYOU she wasn’t there

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Thank you - fantastic hour.....finishing with Billy Bragg. No goodbye? That ended weird.......very weird. Most guests get to actually say thanks and goodbye don’t they?

There wasn’t a proper goodbye? Or did I miss it?

That goodbye and last song choice was DEFINITELY added post production.

Reactions: 32
It's like this interview is her final ever bit of 'work' and she's chosen to go down in complete flames

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Although Jack was not fun to listen to, having the tattle commentary was GOLD.

Jack might have thought she was being clever, but we are always the ones with the giggles.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Gold has to be an homage to the horrible, chemical laden glitter spray she fumigates everything with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Well, my aging iPad lasted. My brain is frazzled. I am slightly queasy because of the sniffing, and that was easily the most bizarre ending to an interview I have come across. Makes you wonder what they had to use, if that was how it concluded.

I am very suspicious of her claims of sobriety. I don’t really care too much though. She was predictably dreadful. There are lots of listen again programmes on my radio app (which was free) so it might get loaded up for fraus interested in catching it but have a strong stomach if you are.

• Heart
I did not learn anything about why Jack was a non binary icon. The only thing I came away with was that Jack did not mention their pronouns or object to being referred to as 'she' repeatedly. So RIP language tango.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
How odd Jack didn't advertise the appearance on Twitter. Was very manic, seemed edgy. It was a toned down version of the story at least. I feel sorry for her son, although I doubt many of his new classmates were listening.
Good way to end the bank holiday weekend, a Tattle party!

Reactions: 34
I do hope she is ok. I think these producers have a bit of responsibility to take. Reminds me of when Kerry Katona went on this morning and was having side effects from her bi-polar meds (and potentially other drugs)

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Just tuned in to catch the end of common people. Jack really is abhorrent, just so full of tit.

If Jack is so sorted etc then why does she care so much about what people online think of them?

I know if I was getting these gigs I'd not give a monkey's addressing any online flack or trying to get little digs in.

You can fool some of the people etc etc but I think Jack realises how empty she actually is but just keeps going knowing some people will fall for it and she does quite well financially out of it rather than working on her issues and be able to look at herself in the mirror.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Just to confirm (I only heard the last 10 minutes due to my dog wanting to sniff every individual blade of grass he came across) ... was that an all-white playlist? Like, not a single artist of colour in there?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Thanks to all that listened and shared (I can't cos of the cringe). I have been sitting here with my mouth open in utter disbelief! What an utter bleep :eek:

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Continue…

Jack has been on t’radio.

Thread title by the lovely @Pocahontas
Thank you for the new thread @Silver Linings 🙏 and congratulations @Pocahontas and that squig on the hilarious thread title!

Amazed so many people here correctly predicted the playlist!

Just to confirm (I only heard the last 10 minutes due to my dog wanting to sniff every individual blade of grass he came across) ... was that an all-white playlist? Like, not a single artist of colour in there?
Not one. And it was a PRIDE playlist ffs! How can that happen! Off the top of my head, Gloria Gaynor, Diana Ross and Sylvester would like a word.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Best moment -“ I was asked by GQ to write...uh, to do something with him” (Marcus). Like writing an article wasn’t enough - queue focus on the wonderful all day affair.

Most Brazen moment. We re-tweet each other all the time (bleeping outrageous).

Worst moment. All the stuff about being a parent. Poor lad. I hope his dad is a good egg.

Gag moments...all the continual snotting. 🤢

• Angry
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.