Jack Monroe #203 Found a packet of pork mince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fancy not having a solid all week, her tummy must be kicking and churning you need to give it something to work with 😳
It will be coming out of her like lava.

Why is everything brown, does she never think to make something colourful?

Even my lasagne has colour, i put different coloured peppers in etc, put next to some salad and garlic bread.

I was always told you eat with your eyes before you actually eat, thats why burger kings burgers look so amazing on the telly to entice you to eat them. I know in Reality they are just a burger but still. Her food doesn't even want me to even think about trying it never mind actually wasting the ingredients to prepare and then bin it.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Found pork mince but cant find the fish in the freezer.
Jack never uses anything fresh. It's either found at the back of the fridge wilting away, or it's yellow sticker stuff on it's last legs. No doubt in a year or two she will discover the fish and cook it in its own defrosting juices for hours on end. 🤢🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 48
Jack never uses anything fresh. It's either found at the back of the fridge wilting away, or it's yellow sticker stuff on it's last legs. No doubt in a year or two she will discover the fish and cook it in its own defrosting juices for hours on end. 🤢🤮
Didnt you know us poors do not have FRESH food. We are poor its all what the guv'nor throws down to us from his dinner table.

What would poor people need fresh food for. We are too poor to enjoy it and to feckless to be able to cook it without turning into something that a child has discovered whilst making mud pies in an enid blyton story.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I daresay I think she doesn't know.....how to cook it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Instead of all this unidentifiable slurry, I'd like to see Jack make a proper beanburger, and show all the different ways it can be served or tweaked .

(Actually I don't particularly want to see Jack make anything...but...if you're on a tight budget, something crispy, fun and cheap is nice)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Instead of all this unidentifiable slurry, I'd like to see Jack make a proper beanburger, and show all the different ways it can be served or tweaked .

(Actually I don't particularly want to see Jack make anything...but...if you're on a tight budget, something crispy, fun and cheap is nice)
Ahem. (Crispy and fun are debatable, but cheap at 9p! 🥴)

CDDD88A5-D964-4FBE-A32C-876F5D29661F.jpeg

Although, she probably has mixed feelings about this burger, because

E304EFE5-050B-4F56-945F-B0BAC451A94D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Ahem.

View attachment 727308

Although, she probably has mixed feelings about this burger, because

View attachment 727309
This actually looks ok, personally wouldn't have the tomatoes close to the bread because it makes it soggy but thats my own issue. I normally put it between the cheese and lettuce.

This actually looks like something i would at least attempt to eat, not a huge fan of kidney beans but i would definately try. The stuff shes been putting out this last while, not a chance would i even attempt to try it.

I made the burger. It wasn’t good. It needed more work doing on it. I would have just done better making one up myself.

Reactions: 27
I made those burgers and just couldn’t transfer them in one piece from pan to plate.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
This actually looks ok, personally wouldn't have the tomatoes close to the bread because it makes it soggy but thats my own issue. I normally put it between the cheese and lettuce.
It's not just your issue, Lanie! No one ever puts the lettuce on top of the burger rather than under it FOR A REASON, and it's totally because of the soggy issue!! Jack's just so maverick, with her constant misunderstanding of texture. The rolls and bread she uses always look horrible too.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I made a few of Jack's recipes back before I saw the light. The kidney bean burgers were by far the worst, worse than the fishpaste pasta and the peach curry. They were slimy. :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I made a few of Jack's recipes back before I saw the light. The kidney bean burgers were by far the worst, worse than the fishpaste pasta and the peach curry. They were slimy. :sick:
I stand corrected on the burger front. 😖😂

Simple recipies for people strapped for cash in my own humble opinion would be things like mince and tatties, cottage pie( same thing just constructed) stews/ casseroles etc things you can batch cook and freeze leftovers for another day.

Everything she makes are in such small portions it would barely feed two people with minute appetites.

The reality is she knows it will be foul and like manc bee has said she never uses fresh ( so perhaps before ocado delivery) she uses odds and sods in the hope she will discover something. Never does it goes in the bin she throws out a pic and a recipie and eats something ready made.

Simple recipies for people strapped for cash in my own humble opinion would be things like mince and tatties, cottage pie( same thing just constructed) stews/ casseroles etc things you can batch cook and freeze leftovers for another day.

Everything she makes are in such small portions it would barely feed two people with minute appetites.

The reality is she knows it will be foul and like manc bee has said she never uses fresh ( so perhaps before ocado delivery) she uses odds and sods in the hope she will discover something. Never does it goes in the bin she throws out a pic and a recipie and eats something ready made.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Screenshot_20210824-094927~2.png

I have this book, and apart from the recipes being cheap and tasty, it's so enthusiastically written that I actually want to try the burgers

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Jack actually goes out of her way to avoid eating anything with texture. Take the notorious anchovy butter as an example - a normal person would eat that on toast, but Jack licks it off her fingers then rolls around the place groaning. Everything has to be softy softy soft soft...except the vegan crackling, which doesn't actually exist.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
It's definitely spaghetti hoops in there, isn't it? She either has to list every single ingredient, name it something it plainly isn't - like her obsession with every soupy thing being a ribollita, or give it a 'sexy' name like her various come to bed concoctions (no thanks!)
I'm sure the 'come to bed concoctions' must have Valium crushed into them.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
For the love of Christ, just make a pizza and chips and let your son use his teeth for ONE meal! Poor boy won’t know how to use cutlery once he hits the school canteen as he only uses straws at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I too made the kidney bean burgers (one and only attempt at a Jack recipe).
TERRIBLE!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.