Jack Monroe #202 All of my spoons tell stories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't see a size for the cake tin, this is a concerning omission.

I clearly have too much time on my hands as I costed the ingredients, from Aldi

Butter 65p. (£1.48 250g Aldi)
Maple Syrup £3.08 (£3.50 per 275 mls Aldi)
Caster sugar 25p. (£1.19 per kilo Aldi)
Flour 4p. (45p per 1.5kg Aldi)
Egg 16p (95p per 6 Aldi)
Milk 12p (85p litre Aldi)
Jack style for her blog cost £4.70 net ingredients £1.14 per serving
Jack style when trying to win a Twitter argument £8.45 total cost of buying ingredients

Not cheap for a very small cake. Also note she says she tends to have maple syrup in, does not sit well with pov cosplay when she lets the mask slip, does it!
Screenshot_2021-08-17-20-27-04-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
can we use subs for it i wonder? This is a dessert sauce and cake is technically a dessert?! So by pixie logic it could work. I wish she would get off holiday so she could answer.

Also i am poor so its perfect for me right. RIGHT?!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I have a sketchy memory, but didn't someone have their Sunday school teacher doing their accounts?

(If I'm confusing stories from Jack or it's been pointed and I missed it then I'll delete)

yeah, there was a mention of the accountant being a former Sunday school teacher and, iirc, someone made a very crass "joke" about Jack putting dildos on expenses and how they may be used for heating 😡😤🤬

*does search of 'Sunday school teacher accountant'*

oh 😳

Screenshot_20210817-204445_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
yeah, there was a mention of the accountant being a former Sunday school teacher and, iirc, someone made a very crass "joke" about Jack putting dildos on expenses and how they may be used for heating 😡😤🤬

*does search of 'Sunday school teacher accountant'*

oh 😳

View attachment 717349
Good find! I hope you gave yourself a high five!
I had to search too because I was wondering how the hell I’d managed to explain something succinctly, on New Year’s Day of all days, and it turns out I’d just written…

dildos

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Good find! I hope you gave yourself a high five!
I had to search too because I was wondering how the hell I’d managed to explain something succinctly, on New Year’s Day of all days, and it turns out I’d just written…

dildos
don't do yourself down, the partridge meme was perfection! ❤

Screenshot_20210817-213349_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Everyone's saying no to @hollowhusk trying the breeze block/soup hybrid but I say yes! Research at the Slop Institute may only progress with the noble sacrifices of brave Frauen. We've got the data for stuffing soup, sloppy scuffins and sweaty bread but it's not enough to establish slopology as a valid science. Comrades, we must come together and surrender the delicate balance of our digestive systems for the gr(e)ater good.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
This was in Jack's Twitter likes. Dear squig, are we talking about the bone dry drizzle cake? Perhaps the one that had what looked like lichen growing out of it? The sawdust-covered Med veg tin Aparthotel cake? The Del Monte breeze block? The custard cake we waited on tenterhooks for that turned out to be a tin of custard and a packet cake mix?

View attachment 715905
I'm on a mini grunk as BUSY, but surely this is damning with faint praise?
Yep, I can achieve a breeze block, go me!

View attachment 717246
I'm watching Kath and Kim, and it looks like Sharon got the Kumquat memo for Kath's wedding
I love Kath and Kim!
I kind of fancy Kel, and I don't know why. It's not the grey slip ons, that's for sure...

Everyone's saying no to @hollowhusk trying the breeze block/soup hybrid but I say yes! Research at the Slop Institute may only progress with the noble sacrifices of brave Frauen. We've got the data for stuffing soup, sloppy scuffins and sweaty bread but it's not enough to establish slopology as a valid science. Comrades, we must come together and surrender the delicate balance of our digestive systems for the gr(e)ater good.
I'd forgotten the scuffins. How could I?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I think the cake should be made too. I mean she cannot make it worse can she.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
But even if you just wanted to help someone out, some of these people have been paying out for years now. Surely you'd review it at some point? Or check that the person's circumstances were the same as when they announced their need for cash. A lot of what she's posted is more than enough proof that she lives very comfortably so I can only assume these people don't follow her social media. Which seems bananas to me if you're shelling out money for them each month.
It's pretty obvious a lot of her most vehement fans have no real idea about what she's up to. She's super sneaky in how she presents content across her various SM too, which doesn't help. Twitter Jack is a very different creature to Instagram Jack, with Facebook Jack being different again. The Twitter stans will have no clue about all her TV and sponsorship stuff because she never mentions it at all. A lot of them are the sort of 'activist' who get their jollies shouting on the internet and Twitter is so easy for any head to do that, given how lax it is at monitoring behaviours.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think the cake should be made too. I mean she cannot make it worse can she.
Worse than what?
Xmas gold mince pie disaster cake with sounds of drilling and despair?
Fake “bake in a veg tray” cake (x2) at the Aparthotel?
Put custard in cake mix then bake, don’t bake a cake with cake mix the put custard on it ya prune?
Solid prune toilet brick?
Rubbish Yorkshire puddings with tinned fruit?
And if all that fails she can make anything worse with
Gold spray
Sprinkles

• Haha
Reactions: 36

I shouldn't share this as it is highly confidential, but my colleagues at the Large Hadron Collider have also been working on this for a number of years.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Fingers crossed it’s finally your month!

Has anyone here ever been an annual sub for anyone who could let us know the mechanism for it pls? Do they give you advance notice you’re due to renew on x date with a link to cancel? I hope so as then we might finally see a bit of 🔥carnage🔥.

There’s no way of telling if her subs are monthly or annual (although once we have >12 months of data in if there are big enough movements then we may see huge churns of annuals for example). Also wonder how many of them are subscribed to other creators so just see £16.99 Patreon on their statement and don’t remember that £3/6/9 of that is to Jack?
I know mine is a monthly but it does have a Creator section on the monthly receipt - I assume it would be the same for annual.

I've squiggled the person I follow but I promise its not Jack!

ETA I've just given myself a fright as I forgot I'd changed my profile pic, it's far too early in the morning to see that kind of filth. I must have been in a fugue state when I chose it.
Screenshot_20210818_060549.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Just go on holiday and stop using your kid and his kids for speculation and likes.
That poor man.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.