Jack Monroe #172 Grift, glaugh, glove

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack’s quiet because she’s been trying to take a picture of Dash in a basket balanced on her head to put on twitter to show us her hat is better than ours.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
@Nonnymouse have u ever found out what to do with that tin or is it still in the cupboard? I forget what it was!
It was banana blossom and because I'm a slovenly frau, it's still in the spare room I took it to for the thing I was supposed to do with jack - I'm pretty sure I'll never open it, but I will obviously declare myself an expert anytime anyone mentions it...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
god, everyone on my gcse course was amazingly talented in all kinds of different disciplines and styles of art so no idea why that comment sounds like such a negative thing to hear!
I only meant it as this lady is a famous artist but her work to me looks quite beginner. I don't not mean offence to GCSE kids as some of their work is indeed fantastic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I only meant it as this lady is a famous artist but her work to me looks quite beginner. I don't not mean offence to GCSE kids as some of their work is indeed fantastic.
Having been a GCSE art kid, I and a lot of my peers were technically accomplished for our age but very very cringey with regard to subject matter and inspiration, which is how I feel about Jack in general and how I read your post. She's the human equivalent of a 15 year old's Myspace and about as up-to-date

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Having been a GCSE art kid, I and a lot of my peers were technically accomplished for our age but very very cringey with regard to subject matter and inspiration, which is how I feel about Jack in general and how I read your post. She's the human equivalent of a 15 year old's Myspace and about as up-to-date
Yep! Totally this. From what I remember of my GCSE art class it was stuff like an extreme close up of an eye with the lashes as screaming people, candles wrapped in barbed wire, a broken mirror with ‘powerful words’ painted on it. I was very dull and did still life vases of flowers for 2 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm sorry cos I know other people's dreams are so boring, but hear me out

so for some reason, an artist had drawn a large crowd oohing and aahing over a large mural they were painting in a shop window. it was of jack, in the style of that wonderful painting that squiggle put on twitter.

so I started to grumble some dissent. a few fans turned to me, incredulous, "she's so poor and so kind, how can you not love her?"

I told them,"she rakes in over £1000 every month on patreon without doing anything. no postcards have ever been sent!" I'm not too sure if I changed the mind of the dream people cos they got on a bus and my dream took large pivot to me attending some kind of protest march in Florida with Steps

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
@Nonnymouse I think I spotted Jack following you on Twitter a few months ago. Does she still follow you?

I noticed she followed at least one viggle recently, too (Instagram).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
well yeah fair play- my teacher had to keep gently steering me away from trying to sneak Nirvana references into everything I submitted 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Love how they written EXCLUSIVE like it's a big deal. Or maybe it was a big deal getting some kind of physical product from her.

Gold star to the airbrush department, it doesn't look terrible.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Can someone stick that cake in the bin?! It's been hanging about for weeks now :sick: Poor confused thing, doesn't know if it's peach or lemon :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.