Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear hearts, I have been BUSY like a secret present elf to deliver this latest opus before the close of the thread #200 celebrations. No momentous occasion is complete without a little electroslop. Special Thankyou x to @HotesTilaire for coining the term sloup. In the name of the Grandfather, the Son and the Horse spirit, may you be blessed with an abundance of beans. Amen 🙏

“there is no need for texture” 🦉 🍾
Bravo TS!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
😆

"I'd be very curious to know if I taste as good as I think I do" 🙃

Question is at 47:41 here:

Has anyone listened to the whole interview?
I have got 5 minutes in and the lies are just flowing out of her.

Apparently Jack is working class, no mention of the detached residence or landlord father with an MBE (you know, like all working class people have)

Her breakfast had to be the biggest box of food that Leon sell. Yet she says she has overcome her disordered eating.

Her dad is Greek Cypriot (no he is not) her mother is Northern Irish, though no mention of how that was reflected in the food.

Then she had a slightly difficult relationship with food because she went to a grammar school. No mention of how she overcame it.

Food was a family affair, simple working class food, pie and mash and Sunday roast. You could hear her flailing around thinking "what do the poors eat?". She has no idea what working class people eat, she just says what she thinks they eat. Most people just eat ordinary food day to day. Even middle class people don't eat caviar, foie gras and truffles every day. I am surprised she didn't say jellied eels and pea liquor. No mention of the Greek food she remembers so vividly, or the Birds trifle.

She gave her job up because her childcare arrangements failed. It appears to me (just an assumption M'Lord) that her Mum was the main person assisting with childcare (and why not, she has loads of experience with foster kids, and she wouldn't turn her back on her own grandchild) and Jack took the piss.

Jack applied for 300 jobs and never got one. What jobs was she applying for, was she under or overqualified? Why did 300 businesses that were recruiting staff think Jack was not suitable? Could it possibly be something Jack was doing/writing in her CV/saying at interview that put them off? Of course it was never anything to do with the way Jack presented herself that made them think "trouble with a big T"

At this point I had to switch off, it was too much to listen to when you are looking out for the lies. Especially when they are so easy to spot.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
"We come on the Sloup John B
My DEAD Grandfather and me
Around Southend town we did roam
NOT drinking all night
Got into a shin kicking fight
Well LJC and I broke up
I want a forever home..."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
😆

"I'd be very curious to know if I taste as good as I think I do" 🙃

Question is at 47:41 here:

Has anyone listened to the whole interview?
Wading through it now, will need to bleach my ears after listening to that voice! She’s admitted that nearly all of the recipes from the first book were lifted from other cookbooks and “tweaked”. She’s banging on about how autism makes her a genius at the moment. Not sure I’ll get to the end. Send cattos!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I have got 5 minutes in and the lies are just flowing out of her.

Apparently Jack is working class, no mention of the detached residence or landlord father with an MBE (you know, like all working class people have)

Her breakfast had to be the biggest box of food that Leon sell. Yet she says she has overcome her disordered eating.

Her dad is Greek Cypriot (no he is not) her mother is Northern Irish, though no mention of how that was reflected in the food.

Then she had a slightly difficult relationship with food because she went to a grammar school. No mention of how she overcame it.

Food was a family affair, simple working class food, pie and mash and Sunday roast. You could hear her flailing around thinking "what do the poors eat?". She has no idea what working class people eat, she just says what she thinks they eat. Most people just eat ordinary food day to day. Even middle class people don't eat caviar, foie gras and truffles every day. I am surprised she didn't say jellied eels and pea liquor. No mention of the Greek food she remembers so vividly, or the Birds trifle.

She gave her job up because her childcare arrangements failed. It appears to me (just an assumption M'Lord) that her Mum was the main person assisting with childcare (and why not, she has loads of experience with foster kids, and she wouldn't turn her back on her own grandchild) and Jack took the piss.

Jack applied for 300 jobs and never got one. What jobs was she applying for, was she under or overqualified? Why did 300 businesses that were recruiting staff think Jack was not suitable? Could it possibly be something Jack was doing/writing in her CV/saying at interview that put them off? Of course it was never anything to do with the way Jack presented herself that made them think "trouble with a big T"

At this point I had to switch off, it was too much to listen to when you are looking out for the lies. Especially when they are so easy to spot.
I can't bare to listen to her, but I remember she was applying for the most ludicrous jobs like forklift driver. No ability to drive a forklift, but y'know...I do partly get applying for nonsense when there's limited job availability and government mandated search numbers to get your benefits, but she wasn't claiming anything (allegedly) so no need to do that.

😂🤣 thank(space)you very much Alan much 🦉🍾 think work have requested oxygen

looks like mackie putting in least effort 🙄
Typical 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I have had a coffee and thought I would have another go at listening to her. I have skipped through loads but couldn't let this go. "Tinned potatoes are cheaper than fresh". No they absolutely are not.

ASDA (Jack's shop of choice) tinned potatoes 50p for 300g (£3.03 Kg).
ASDA farm store white potatoes 68pKg

So tinned are 4.5 times more expensive. Had she said people get them in a food bank parcel, yes. But to claim they are cheaper when that are not is disingenuous. In Jack parlance, it is a lie.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
I have had a coffee and thought I would have another go at listening to her. I have skipped through loads but couldn't let this go. "Tinned potatoes are cheaper than fresh". No they absolutely are not.

ASDA (Jack's shop of choice) tinned potatoes 50p for 300g (£3.03 Kg).
ASDA farm store white potatoes 68pKg

So tinned are 4.5 times more expensive. Had she said people get them in a food bank parcel, yes. But to claim they are cheaper when that are not is disingenuous. In Jack parlance, it is a lie.
This should be no surprise from someone claiming a jar of pasta sauce is cheaper and tastier than making a sauce.

And I'm sure there'll be at least 10 more examples of Jack's dodgy maths.

Reactions: 37
This should be no surprise from someone claiming a jar of pasta sauce is cheaper and tastier than making a sauce.

And I'm sure there'll be at least 10 more examples of Jack's dodgy maths.
It's not dodgy maths, it's misinformation, and she's queen of it. Aided and abetted by everyone who's ever given her a platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
It's not dodgy maths, it's misinformation, and she's queen of it. Aided and abetted by everyone who's ever given her a platform.
seeing all the people who have supported and given her a platform over the years is such an interesting insight into how little the whole industry gives a tit...its like they are literally not even listening to what she's saying they're just happy to have their 'face of the poors' and leave it at that

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Agreed, I said maths because I was thinking of her silly pricing on her recipes, 3p for that, 10p for this. It's definitely misinformation more than dodgy maths.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Wading through it now, will need to bleach my ears after listening to that voice! She’s admitted that nearly all of the recipes from the first book were lifted from other cookbooks and “tweaked”. She’s banging on about how autism makes her a genius at the moment. Not sure I’ll get to the end. Send cattos!
I had a skim, here’s my summary

“Cooolinary repertoire” was limited for a long time due to only having what the food bank gave (buy you only went once!)
Impossible to commit to 2x15 hour force service Call Handler shifts with a newborn (wot no maternity leave?)

90% of recipes are veggie and vegan but 95% of the audience are or aren’t, it wasn’t clear. Something about doing meat and fish because they’re recipes to help fill people’s bellies not for Jack, therefore can’t just do vegan stuff. Also at 7 sb said he didn’t want veggie meals at school any more so has to cook meat and fish for him. Gets a lot of flack form the vegan community.

Has around 10 books in them even if they never have another idea, because they are a machine

Can I nominate for the next thread title
“There is no need for texture”
Credit @traumatised sideboard and Slopbot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Apparently she didn’t tweet for 48 hours once, and someone reported her as missing to the police! Yeah, ok.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Praying after the last year of duck ups she just fades into obscurity tbh so no one has to eat her offensive tit food. Anyway a refresher on her google trends, search term Jack Monroe / UK / last 12 months shows us:

Downward trending search volume

61D374A2-CE4A-4E4D-886E-724D69244531.jpeg

Tattle 2.4 times as searched for as her recipes

6365095D-BE30-4495-9B77-A4BE1543A042.jpeg

lol you guys

F0D99E55-6801-4BCE-A68D-774D4ACCE238.jpeg

None of this suggests she’s a commercially viable “talent” to coin her own ~celeb parlance~

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Apparently she didn’t tweet for 48 hours once, and someone reported her as missing to the police! Yeah, ok.
Yet recently Jack has been off Twitter for almost two weeks and nobody has noticed!

ETA except us mithering ninnies.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Praying after the last year of duck ups she just fades into obscurity tbh so no one has to eat her offensive tit food. Anyway a refresher on her google trends, search term Jack Monroe / UK / last 12 months shows us:

Downward trending search volume

View attachment 695839

Tattle 2.4 times as searched for as her recipes

View attachment 695841

lol you guys

View attachment 695845

None of this suggests she’s a commercially viable “talent” to coin her own ~celeb parlance~
What happened on January the 3rd??

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.