Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a skim, here’s my summary

“Cooolinary repertoire” was limited for a long time due to only having what the food bank gave (buy you only went once!)
Impossible to commit to 2x15 hour force service Call Handler shifts with a newborn (wot no maternity leave?)

90% of recipes are veggie and vegan but 95% of the audience are or aren’t, it wasn’t clear. Something about doing meat and fish because they’re recipes to help fill people’s bellies not for Jack, therefore can’t just do vegan stuff. Also at 7 sb said he didn’t want veggie meals at school any more so has to cook meat and fish for him. Gets a lot of flack form the vegan community.

Has around 10 books in them even if they never have another idea, because they are a machine

Can I nominate for the next thread title
“There is no need for texture”
Credit @traumatised sideboard and Slopbot
"A machine" fucks sake who talks about themselves like that?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
What happened on January the 3rd??
Confusingly it’s week commencing the 10th, I just dug into it & appears to be the 12th and 13th specifically. However search volume is so low google won’t share related topics or queries. So even her peaks are tit now.

Publishers get what they deserve investing in this tat tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Jack applied for 300 jobs and never got one. What jobs was she applying for, was she under or overqualified? Why did 300 businesses that were recruiting staff think Jack was not suitable? Could it possibly be something Jack was doing/writing in her CV/saying at interview that put them off? Of course it was never anything to do with the way Jack presented herself that made them think "trouble with a big T"

I think the monarchical bench pressing pescatarian may have been job hunting again recently, under one of her assumed names obviously. 🙃

1628007680440.png

1628007437723.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Confusingly it’s week commencing the 10th, I just dug into it & appears to be the 12th and 13th specifically. However search volume is so low google won’t share related topics or queries. So even her peaks are tit now.

Publishers get what they deserve investing in this tat tbh
Just looked back very quickly and we got through an entire thread in one day on the 13th 😂

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 11.57.20.png

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 11.57.46.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
300 jobs ookkay. She has bar and supermarket experience. She has experience on phones for the fire service.
I would expect she would pick up something easily (if that’s all true).

Reactions: 25
Early January 2021 was when we were suggesting shifts for fraus as the never ending CHAOS was too much for even a whole cable of mithering ninnies to handle.

We had Covid, long Covid, LJC real Covid in the press, Rish mate, and possibly RSM and FSM. T’was relentless. I think Silver and Marm got RSI from screenshotting.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
When Jack says she cares about making recipes that 'fill people's bellies' and then you look closely at the portion sizes

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Imagining Jack as a forklift driver .....

She'd be on twitter while driving (hence the crash) then tweet about the resulting destruction

"oopsy, silly me! I've done a chaos thanks to my puppy brain! Send forkliftos and someone with hands to dig me out of the sideboard pile 💙"

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Kirstie Allsop has just recommended Jack's Guinness brownies to Emma Kennedy, it's so nice to see Jack's target market appreciating her 😘

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Impossible to commit to 2x15 hour force service Call Handler shifts with a newborn (wot no maternity leave?)
This is the bit that stumps me, people not doing their sums properly before they make decisions about maternity leave.
If you've been in post more than a year, a year of mat leave in the public sector breaks down to about half pay, provided you average it across the year and don't spend every penny as soon as it hits your bank account. It works out as slightly more than 50% if you take 9-10 months ML and use the annual leave you accrued to be paid full wage for 6-10 weeks at the end of your period of leave, depending on where you're up to in the annual leave year.
I had (data analyst 🤨) colleagues (with parents providing free full time childcare) pulling a face saying I was lucky to be able to take the full year because they couldn't afford to take more than 9 months because their SMP finished at that time and they wouldn't have any money coming in, pure Jack maths. It was more cost effective for me to take full mat leave plus 2 years' worth of annual leave on full pay than go back to work any earlier and pay more than half of my take home salary out on childcare - which cost me £10k ish a year for 4 years and cost them literal zip. Yeah, lucky me in that scenario, I guess?
I'm not still salty over it but can't believe how many 'educated' people can't do basic financial planning and make life-changing decisions like quitting their job based on pre-conceived ideas, incorrect assumptions and an inability to divide a number by a figure of 12 or less.
JACK MATHS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Dear hearts, I have been BUSY like a secret present elf to deliver this latest opus before the close of the thread #200 celebrations. No momentous occasion is complete without a little electroslop. Special Thankyou x to @HotesTilaire for coining the term sloup. In the name of the Grandfather, the Son and the Horse spirit, may you be blessed with an abundance of beans. Amen 🙏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Early January 2021 was when we were suggesting shifts for fraus as the never ending CHAOS was too much for even a whole cable of mithering ninnies to handle.

We had Covid, long Covid, LJC real Covid in the press, Rish mate, and possibly RSM and FSM. T’was relentless. I think Silver and Marm got RSI from screenshotting.
Ah man I remember being on the night shift a few times then, good times 😂

It couldn’t be jack. She doesn’t mention how many queens she can benchpress.
Although... It would be very Jack to claim years of experience landscaping and building walls in 40 degree heat... 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.