Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to see a friend yesterday who LOVES cooking and has a whole plethora of cook books. I noted two of Jack's books on her shelves almost hidden in among THAT MAN'S books.

Plus loads of other chefs....I could have spent all day just going through the shelves. I do love a cook book.

Reactions: 20
I went to see a friend yesterday who LOVES cooking and has a whole plethora of cook books. I noted two of Jack's books on her shelves almost hidden in among THAT MAN'S books.

Plus loads of other chefs....I could have spent all day just going through the shelves. I do love a cook book.
You should have asked her what her favourite depress pipes are

• Haha
Reactions: 32
THAT MAN’s new cookbook hasn’t been released yet and is already on the Amazon Best seller’s list! She won’t be happy when the TV show that comes with it starts!
I have this on preorder! His family based recipes tend to be pretty good, good crowdpleasers. When was it her next awful rewrite of The Poverty coming out? December? 🤔

I'm English Romany Gypsy 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I also think Jack has it made in that I think even the average idiot would struggle to be racist about Cypriot or Northern Irish heritage and identities*.
If you're going to use an identity(ies) instead of having a personality, try and be FANCY with it?

*I realise racists and xenophobes will find a way but hopefully you get what I mean. Difficulty setting = low.

Reactions: 23
*I realise racists and xenophobes will find a way but hopefully you get what I mean. Difficulty setting = low.
They really will. Slightly on a tangent but my very white wife arrived back in England a few years back after a two week holiday where I assume all she had done was pass out in the sun drunk because she was tanned as all get out. One of the first things that happened as she hit the street was having a crappy slur for Pakistanis thrown at her. Despite being white as duck she was genuinely offended and confused (and not because she'd been mistaken, we'd only been together a month or two so I checked)

I'm actually surprised that given the identities Jack has adopted that she hasn't rammed her foot firmly into her gob more than she already has, plenty for her to weigh in on on both sides, but she seems to mostly stick to patronising poor Marcus Rashford.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I also think Jack has it made in that I think even the average idiot would struggle to be racist about Cypriot or Northern Irish heritage and identities*.
If you're going to use an identity(ies) instead of having a personality, try and be FANCY with it?

The “right” kind of immigrant

• Sad
They really will. Slightly on a tangent but my very white wife arrived back in England a few years back after a two week holiday where I assume all she had done was pass out in the sun drunk because she was tanned as all get out. One of the first things that happened as she hit the street was having a crappy slur for Pakistanis thrown at her. Despite being white as duck she was genuinely offended and confused (and not because she'd been mistaken, we'd only been together a month or two so I checked)

I'm actually surprised that given the identities Jack has adopted that she hasn't rammed her foot firmly into her gob more than she already has, plenty for her to weigh in on on both sides, but she seems to mostly stick to patronising poor Marcus Rashford.
More tangent but I totally miss holidays like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The thing is she shouldnt pretend to be anyone. She can definately acknowledge that she has ancestry but she should not try and claim to be from the country.

I get that the Greek Cypriots were extremely proud of their heritage and rightly so. Her grandad probably lovingly talked of it and things they did, ate etc but she should not try and stake her claim using his memories.

The thing is she shouldnt pretend to be anyone. She can definately acknowledge that she has ancestry but she should not try and claim to be from the country.

I get that the Greek Cypriots were extremely proud of their heritage and rightly so. Her grandad probably lovingly talked of it and things they did, ate etc but she should not try and stake her claim using his memories.
But coattailing is her USP

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Enjoyed a good grunk and see Jack is as cuntish as ever.
OT but I am half Swedish half Scottish. I was born and bred in Sweden but at age 5 came to Scotland and have stayed ever since. Married a Scot too. I speak both languages fluently and practice both cultures. I call myself half and half and am happy with that. I still have family in Sweden and go over as often as I can and I have legal rights there too as well as here. So I think half and half is justified.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I've just cringed myself into a human spanakopita and I'm not even Greek. She is utterly devoid of shame. Take the hint, Jack!

she's just not that into you 2.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Both my parents were born in Wales, all 4 of my grandparents were born in Wales and 6 out of the 8 great-grandparents were born in Wales. All my grandparents spoke Welsh in the home, my father didn't start to learn English until he started school. I speak a little bit of Welsh. I was born in Salford.

Do I call myself Welsh? No I do not.
Catching up. We’re a typical London family, a bit of English, a bit of Irish, some Scots and we think some Spanish and Eastern European Jewish. We call ourselves British. Jack thinks it makes her more interesting, well something has to.

Reactions: 26
My Nan was Scottish. That would be like somebody posting a haggis dish and me writing underneath 'This Scot loves you'

All of my friends would be like, eh? Scot? She's got a cockney accent and has only been there on holiday 😂
You would have to say "this Scotch loves you" to really put the wind up the bagpipes and be as irritating as Jack 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Let’s face it, it was a “dad jokes” level of comment to kiss up to Mom and insert the self into a conversation

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.