Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also was her grandfather born in cyprus or did his parents move to england. That also means he would be an English citizen.

Also i dont know for certain but judging by the rough time frame he would came to the UK ie fifties. He would have probably needed a visa and English citizenship.

I think nigella needs to be turned the right way out after cringing so hard. Bless her.
Cyprus didn’t gain independence from *checks notes* a secret convention giving The UK administrative rule, until 1960.
It would have been really easy for grandpapa to come to the UK at the time, marry an English woman and settle down.

It is unusual for Cypriots to just call themselves Greek though. It’s usually Cypriot first and Greek/Turkish second.
The distinction is important on account of the whole massive invasion/ divided island situation.

Jack wouldn’t even really qualify as a “Charlie” (based on Prince Charles having one Greek parent) I’m not sure if the children of Charlies/Charlouas are called something? William? Think I need to ask some friends!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Batten the hatches ninnies, somebody all up in her niche, stealing her life’s work etc etc howling and clawing will commence in 3-2-1 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Why is she so obsessed with being Greek and Irish?

She is born and bred English. She should be proud of her own heritage.

Im northern irish born and bred and i dont claim otherwise.

Reactions: 35
@HotesTilaire I love your insight on this. The cabal is always an education. It's easy to cut Jack a bit of slack on the rampant storytelling when it's outside of my individual knowledge and experience, but it's good to be reminded that what she says is offensive (or inaccurate, or untrue) on so many fronts.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Why is she so obsessed with being Greek and Irish?

She is born and bred English. She should be proud of her own heritage.

Im northern irish born and bred and i dont claim otherwise.
Obsessed with appropriating labels, in lieu of a personality?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I just showed my 9 year old a picture of those choc salami things and said shall we make this tomorrow and he said

" No thank you" but now he keeps looking at me with real concern in his eyes.

😳
I love the continuing blind tests with cabal family members and their hilarious reactions, so we know it is not just the prejudiced sad hausfrau ninnies.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Obsessed with appropriating labels, in lieu of a personality?
Thats just isnt it, just void of a personality so spends her time making herself more interesting. I am as boring as anything but i accept that. 😂

I love the continuing blind tests with cabal family members and their hilarious reactions, so we know it is not just the prejudiced sad hausfrau ninnies.
He has just asked can we go out for lunch today. I think hes still concerned?! 😶

He has just asked can we go out for lunch today. I think hes still concerned?! 😶

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I’m very proudly half Scottish - best thing my dad gave me. But before anything else I am Geordie.

With the St. George’s Cross appropriated by racists and England being synonymous with football hooligans and Tories it’s not very fashionable or cool. And we have so many immigrants to this country now and throughout history who bring exciting food and culture and everyone wants to be a bit different don’t they. Was that defending Jack? I feel very wrong.

Spoiler me-rail

We don’t speak many languages because everyone speaks ours. I am truly envious of bilingual people as I’ve never found languages easy.
Although which one do we choose? That’s a serious question. English is the default second language for most countries but as an English speaker which should I learn because even if I speak French I won’t speak Spanish or if I learn Polish I won’t speak Mandarin so in most of the world I will still be ignorant. I’ve stuck longest with Spanish and Japanese but I have given up hope of getting very far with either. It’s enjoyable though so that’s why I continue.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Morning cabal, had the most horrifying dream that me and another tattler were out with their baby when we bumped into Jack. She was being really passive aggressive and drawing on the walls of the shop, when she twigged we were fraus she stole my trainers for her collection and ran scampered off (unrealistic I know, tragically my trainers are just normal affordable ones not hideous triple figure monstrosities 😂)

Maybe it's a mannequin of nigella, she feeds it fishy eggs and dresses it up in wigs.
Had you eaten too many eggs dear

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I’m very proudly half Scottish - best thing my dad gave me. But before anything else I am Geordie.

With the St. George’s Cross appropriated by racists and England being synonymous with football hooligans and Tories it’s not very fashionable or cool. And we have so many immigrants to this country now and throughout history who bring exciting food and culture and everyone wants to be a bit different don’t they. Was that defending Jack? I feel very wrong.

Spoiler me-rail

We don’t speak many languages because everyone speaks ours. I am truly envious of bilingual people as I’ve never found languages easy.
Although which one do we choose? That’s a serious question. English is the default second language for most countries but as an English speaker which should I learn because even if I speak French I won’t speak Spanish or if I learn Polish I won’t speak Mandarin so in most of the world I will still be ignorant. I’ve stuck longest with Spanish and Japanese but I have given up hope of getting very far with either. It’s enjoyable though so that’s why I continue.
I get that, that English people are sometimes not painted in the best of lights, you could argue that neither are the Northern Irish, yet i am still happy to call myself that because despite all the bad stuff that's where my family are from and where i was born and grew up. I dont live there now but i still refer to myself as Northern Irish when asked. ( I could say British)

I also find it odd that people get all excited when i tell them where im from. Im like whats the big deal. ,😂

I hate hate hate it when people say oh i am half irish because my nans sisters dog came from there. No, no you are not.

Reactions: 31
These days, if you call yourself English, you get arrested and thrown in jail 😂
ETA sorry, don't know it this is just a Scottish meme #scottishtwitter

• Haha
Jack should be proud of what she is. To me, England has so much history-and prehistoric wonders. I'd love to be English and I'd love to even feel connected to where I live. I'm half Scottish and half French but according to French people I'm not French at all. I'm Québecois because that's where I was born. I live in Australia but I'm not really an Aussie. I feel as though I don't have roots anywhere and she's lucky enough to come from such a beautiful, steeped-in-history part of the world but chucks it away pretending she's something else.

• Heart
Batten the hatches ninnies, somebody all up in her niche, stealing her life’s work etc etc howling and clawing will commence in 3-2-1 🙄

He does my box in literally just films himself putting ready made burgers on a griddle and pouring a jar of sauce in a pan the little idiot
85858025-ED78-4AFA-8BFF-F1E9183D80C8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
My family is just annoying in terms of where we're from. We moved between Australia and England several times, parents both 100% English. Sister and I were born here, younger brother born in UK. Now we have the complicated situation of my sister and I having dual nationality via parents, yet my brother, who took Australian citizenship, is no longer entitled to the English side of things even though he's the only sibling actually born there. Daughter now has dual citizenship too. I wish the parents had just decided to stay in one bloody place!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Both my parents were born in Wales, all 4 of my grandparents were born in Wales and 6 out of the 8 great-grandparents were born in Wales. All my grandparents spoke Welsh in the home, my father didn't start to learn English until he started school. I speak a little bit of Welsh. I was born in Salford.

Do I call myself Welsh? No I do not.
Bore da @MancBee .....I'm through and through Scottish but I married a Welshman or so I thought! turns out his father was born in Lincolnshire to Welsh father / English mother and his mother was born in Essex but grandparents were Irish
All 3 of our children were born in Wales, taught bilingually until secondary school and are fluent in Welsh and consider themselves Welsh although I did convince 2 of them to go to Scottish universities!

• Haha
I have a quarter this and a quarter that and a dash of something else but I would not claim them as identities.

Reactions: 25
I'm 100% foreign with my extended family all being born in the same country, going back centuries. I retain my foreign citizenship and passport because I am what I am.

I never understand why people claim to be French or Irish or whatever when they've never even set foot in that country and all they have is a great grandmother they never met who happened to be born there.

Rant over. I need a sandwich and a piss now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.