Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
Jack was incapable of following Mom's recipe but felt the need to try to prove to us that she had a go anyway, despite not having most of the ingredients or equipment needed.
She did better here :D
Cripes i hope those salamies arent a birthday present. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
And amidst all this, she was under constant onslaught by the viggles AND cancelled by Leftist Twitter.

I still sometimes wake myself up cringing with "Your comrade, Jack Monroe" rattling around my head.
That’s your Cath Kidston bitch 😭💔

• Haha

cheapwetham

Let's all take a minute to quietly reflect that on this most auspicious of days, a mere five years ago, the world was first treated to Self Love Stew. What.a.day.

(Really I just wanted an excuse to see my anchovy in his wig)
I don't know what makes me feel more sick - the food or the caption 🤮 gross, cringe, just no.

• Haha
  • Sick
300 jobs ookkay. She has bar and supermarket experience. She has experience on phones for the fire service.
I would expect she would pick up something easily (if that’s all true).

Lanie

VIP Member
Also was her grandfather born in cyprus or did his parents move to england. That also means he would be an English citizen.

Also i dont know for certain but judging by the rough time frame he would came to the UK ie fifties. He would have probably needed a visa and English citizenship.

I think nigella needs to be turned the right way out after cringing so hard. Bless her.

• Haha

JuliaGulia

Chatty Member
That tart actually looks okay. I'm not as skeptical as some here that she made it, but the whole "what you put is a slightly misleading view of how perfect you are" business is so performative.
I think she put it together, but I'd bet cash money it's shop bought filo...

Django

VIP Member
Ha ! Combining perfectly good ingredients into something that nobody could eat is her specialty. She doesn’t eat it or she would have had some chronic tummy thing. That is her work ! It’s lucrative. On the one hand I wish I had thought of it first but on the other...nope.
It’s all a lie.
Jack was incapable of following Mom's recipe but felt the need to try to prove to us that she had a go anyway, despite not having most of the ingredients or equipment needed.
She did better here :D

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Am no physicist, but can’t help but wonder that surely frozen green runners have a different cooking time to raw carrots…
I think the carrots are pre-cooked, just like the potatoes. She's just slung them in there at the end so they won't soak up any of the 'curry' flavour.

• Sick
  • Haha

Lanie

VIP Member
The thing is she shouldnt pretend to be anyone. She can definately acknowledge that she has ancestry but she should not try and claim to be from the country.

I get that the Greek Cypriots were extremely proud of their heritage and rightly so. Her grandad probably lovingly talked of it and things they did, ate etc but she should not try and stake her claim using his memories.

Raver_Bear

Chatty Member
Happy thread 200!!! This cabal of ninnies have kept me 🦉 and 🍾 for so long now. I wonder if we will get a special Twitter chaos today in honour of such a number?
Also loving the wigs… and if someone could give my bear a wig I would be very grateful thank(space)you

• Heart
  • Haha

MancBee

VIP Member

Po-TAY-Toes
The way Jack holds and uses the cooking utensils is so awkward. I thought the way she used a knife was bad enough, but she holds that spoon like it is a weapon. Jack is cack handed and it is uncomfortable to watch.

• Haha