Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else ever just be going about their daily business and then all of a sudden Jack's smoothie breakfast bowl phase pops into the forefront of your mind and you come-to a while later, rocking back and forth in the corner, sweating?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Does anyone else ever just be going about their daily business and then all of a sudden Jack's smoothie breakfast bowl phase pops into the forefront of your mind and you come-to a while later, rocking back and forth in the corner, sweating?
I’m still waiting to find out what chicken porridge actually is!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
I can't even remember what we had for xmas dinner last year, but I remember Jack's Express pullout atrocities vividly 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Imagine having to eat an entire bowl of citric slop before cycling from Southend to (west?) London, Louisa must have been pebble dashing those A roads both ends bless her

(So sorry to be so crude)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
From an interview about ‘Good for Bad…..’ (I can’t bring myself to finish writing that title):
‘I use cooking as partly meditation, partly therapy, partly self-care and partly an adventure.
I can’t be the only one who has Gene Wilder‘s Willy Wonka voice in their head saying “And 2% butterscotch ripple”? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Imagine having to eat an entire bowl of citric slop before cycling from Southend to (west?) London, Louisa must have been pebble dashing those A roads both ends bless her

(So sorry to be so crude)
Imagining LJC shoving it all in a bin bag while Jack was off IGing it… “it was so delicious I ate it all in one bite Jack” 😬 then it going in the nearest bin when she gets out

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I can't even remember what we had for xmas dinner last year, but I remember Jack's Express pullout atrocities vividly 🥴
The vegan veg peel "centrepiece"...which would be the only thing on the menu any vegans/veggies unfortunate enough to get an invitation would be able to eat anyway because literally everything else had either lard or sausage juice in it 🥴

And the witchetty grub prawn cocktail...the flaccid parsnips...the terrifying mouldy brain dessert (with accompanying chainsaw noises)...duck me, it really was the Christmas Dinner of nightmares.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Just a suggestion for anyone who is ever tempted to try one of JM's recipes, Google! If it sounds a reasonable concept, it will have been done before by someone who can write a recipe that actually works. If no suggestions come up, step away! It is too maverick, don't risk wasting good ingredients...

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Just a suggestion for anyone who is ever tempted to try one of JM's recipes, Google! If it sounds a reasonable concept, it will have been done before by someone who can write a recipe that actually works. If no suggestions come up, step away! It is too maverick, don't risk wasting good ingredients...
You can always check with the cabal, some have tried

Reactions: 22
Quite astonishing considering she recommend you cook them for an hour
and she insisted that it had been tested by THREE home economists (always three with JM) when a squiggle had the temerity to suggest that an hour was too long!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Not only that, a food writer claiming Queen of the Poor would surely be making a deal out of all the offers the supermarkets do running up to Christmas. Aldi for example go super cheap on fresh veg associated with Xmas dinner. They could also show how to bulk cook and store the extras and/or how to make use of them for other meals, boiled cabbage and left over potatoes can become bubble and squeak etc.

But nope, we get whining, moany Jack, who needs everyone kissing their arthritic feet for the most basic of activities (I can't bring myself to use 'accomplishments' there lol). Jack is so low effort and high entitlement.
You've hit the(Jimmy) nail on head there.
All the supermarkets have in recent years done a cheap as chips Christmas Dinner recipe/shopping list.
Jack doesn't give a tit about animal welfare (crappy bacon etc) so buying a 4 quid chook is not beyond her.
She also thinks 'the poors' are in someway lesser humans who can barely open a can of beans let alone purchase an actual bottle of bubble bath without putting the contents of your compost bin in it.
She genuinely believes that the disgusting (paid for by Del Monte) advertorial in The Express was some kind of shining light beacon for the poor.
It wasn't. It was disgusting. No one would eat that.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
“I’m an adult and can make that decision and stick to it all by myself” In other words “I’m not being forced to give over my phone tattle ninnies’”

Anyone else get 'I threw it on the ground!' from SNL vibes?

😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
They were full of Enormous Breakfast Porridge thanks to Jack's cunning plan 🙃

View attachment 691516
View attachment 691517
View attachment 691518
View attachment 691519
LIES

If I’d had porridge I’d still want roast potatoes unless:
A. Porridge was so awful the thought of more of her cooking was too horrific
B. Knowing roast potatoes would be terrible anyway
C. A&B

After Christmas dinner at my mother in laws we would have another one when we came home a few days, it was that bad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.