Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so right. All over the country people (mainly women) with nothing like Jack's money and resources managed to turn out a perfectly nice Christmas dinner with roast potatoes and all the trimmings with no drama.
A so called food writer admitting that she couldn't cope is just embarrassing.
Not even that - if she couldn't cope fair doos, every shop sells a tray of ready-for-oven roasties around Christmas - it was the whole salty fuss she made of it on Twitter to her 350k followers, she properly sounded bitter and miserable. The atmosphere around the Christmas dinner table must've been lovely 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 39
Not only that, a food writer claiming Queen of the Poor would surely be making a deal out of all the offers the supermarkets do running up to Christmas.
I mean, she included potatoes on her Christmas shopping list, even, she just couldn't be arsed peeling them I guess? I'd be more concerned about the fact that the oven isn't being used to its full capacity if you leave out the roasties, the only time they're worth doing energy-wise is when you've got a chicken cooking anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Oh bless you for thinking she actually ate that disgusting Christmas Dinner.
It would have been scraped in the bin once the photos were taken, like the majority of her slop is.
She would then have either gone to her parents or eaten her Ocado/Waitrose Dinner.
SB was fine. Dinner is at home with his Dad and siblings.
Ironic that’s it’s touted as ‘Zero waste Christmas Dinner’ when the reality is that it’s ‘95% waste’*

*Please note, there is a tolerance of ±5% in my calculation

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Ironic that’s it’s touted as ‘Zero waste Christmas Dinner’ when the reality is that it’s ‘95% waste’*

*Please note, there is a tolerance of ±5% in my calculation
Did they count the bin bags in the costings? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I mean, she included potatoes on her Christmas shopping list, even, she just couldn't be arsed peeling them I guess? I'd be more concerned about the fact that the oven isn't being used to its full capacity if you leave out the roasties, the only time they're worth doing energy-wise is when you've got a chicken cooking anyway.
It was when Jack did and didn’t have long Covid and Covid. I mean, great opportunity to say “more knackered than anticipated, low energy is harsh, couldn't be arsed with the roasties in the end” nope, no roasties were served and everyone declared it the best ever

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
It was when Jack did and didn’t have long Covid and Covid. I mean, great opportunity to say “more knackered than anticipated, low energy is harsh, couldn't be arsed with the roasties in the end” nope, no roasties were served and everyone declared it the best ever
Can just imagine the scene -
Jack : 'bad news everyone, I'm too knackered to do my world-famous roast potatoes you all love so much'
SB & LJC :

• Haha
Reactions: 49
And to think that that the whole miserable festive flop was done for The Express, champion of UKIP and formerly owned by Richard Desmond.
Jack is still a smol entitled Tory at heart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I mean I remember reading those tweets at the time, but it’s like they’ve become worse with age.
Imagine Christmas in that bloody house 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 45
Did we see this in her likes, when she’s was adulting and sticking to restraining herself from social media all by herself...on Friday? Ingredients; veal (or pork), egg, caper, butter sauce and anchovies #90%vegan
45AD4DDC-3FDC-4069-8A63-A5C97B2B25DB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.