Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She can’t even cook a decent roast potato for fucks sake.

I wonder what she makes her gravy out of? Nope bucket water with oven bottom scrapings?
You’ve just reminded me of WORST JACK who said no one minded there were no roast potatoes at Christmas.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
That tart actually looks okay. I'm not as skeptical as some here that she made it, but the whole "what you put is a slightly misleading view of how perfect you are" business is so performative.
I think she put it together, but I'd bet cash money it's shop bought filo...

Reactions: 25
she's got more stuff in her kitchen than a branch of Lakeland. so whyyyyy bake a tart in a cake tin??

• Haha
Reactions: 38
So the worst thing about that insta potatoes post is obviously that she's keeping the best ones for herself. Who does that?? The cook always gives the best stuff to guests and leaves the duck-ups for themselves. The second worst thing about the potatoes insta post is that she thinks these look good? She genuinely has no idea what good roast potatoes are meant to look like, does she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
You’ve just reminded me of WORST JACK who said no one minded there were no roast potatoes at Christmas.
Rage engaged. Roast potatoes are the best food, FACT, and you'd think the Grinch had been if there were none on Christmas Day. You sit on a throne of lies, Monroe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Rage engaged. Roast potatoes are the best food, FACT, and you'd think the Grinch had been if there were none on Christmas Day. You sit on a throne of lies, Monroe.
I'm sure she did a post in the morning or the day before saying that everyone was super excited about her roast potatoes and then she just did a complete 180 and said there weren't going to be any roast potatoes after all and no one minded. So weird.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Not only that, but didn’t she ask them if they wanted roast potatoes but she decided they wouldn’t be on the menu in the end?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I can't imagine how sad the slow cooker Christmas dinner was, roast potatoes would have least added some much needed texture

• Haha
Reactions: 36
What are those little bits of slime??
I would wager that the oil wasn’t hot enough when she put them in the oven so it has caused the bits of potatoes that have broken off to soak up the oil rather than be cooked by it.

Which sounds yum

Lest we forget that poor shriveled bird on a board (not a sideboard m'lud)
I want to be able to laugh at this, but it’s just so sad and cold looking and the thought of that being served to people on a budget in Christmas Day breaks my heart when a roast dinner can be made quite economically anyway.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Lest we forget that poor shriveled bird on a board (not a sideboard m'lud)
from the size of the pigs in blankets, that looks like a poussin, serves 6 probably, according to JM

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’ve not seen it before either. Who the duck does she think she is?
This is typical of her responses. Few get to see them because she deletes them so quickly. Quite a few of us have had nasty replies to extremely innocent posts and then found our way here.
She really is a nasty piece of work, she's just quick with the delete button.

• Angry
Reactions: 46
I would wager that the oil wasn’t hot enough when she put them in the oven so it has caused the bits of potatoes that have broken off to soak up the oil rather than be cooked by it.

Which sounds yum
It's even worse when you consider she's probably used ancient dirty fish oil she's been hoarding just for this occasion.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.