Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you guys not do that? At every meeting we ask someone to do the main share but rather than listening to their experience, strength and hope we all fire questions at them until they crack and admit they ate something that had alcohol in it. And then we ask about the mouthwash…

Obviously I’m jesting and agree whole heartedly with HTRIA, who always put things so brilliantly. Jack chooses to mention it when it suits her narrative, as the Squiggle says she uses the hashtags so people will come to expect her to make honest, sensible decisions about things that are important in AA if she’s promoting them.

Everyone has early days of sobriety and they’re really important. Some people will feel better seeing a public figure in sobriety and when your head is still like a burst football, you will take in what people say even if it is a random on Twitter so they might thing “oh, I can make my own Kamboucha because Jack’s in AA and she does it”.

The minute she opened the door to AA she took on a responsibility and like with everything else, she just doesn’t give a shiny tit about anyone but herself
This is why i got so annoyed yesterday, she is a cook who is teaching people how to cook. (apparently) she claims to help the underprivileged and people with issues.

As someone who herself as an issue with alcohol and has/is/ was seeking help. It just seems really selfish to promote cooking with high alcohol content liqueurs or drinks. She may be at a decent point in her recovery( doubtful) but others that follower her may not be.

She needs a social media manager, she drops the ball too much to do it alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Exactly. It's no wonder she hasn't been invited on Saturday Kitchen, whilst practically everyone else who was on Daily Kitchen Live has been. She's just a has-bean.
a softly gently rinsed has-bean.

Been trying to find ICO- squiggle’s tweet to Jack but can’t and I wanted to follow that thread…1

Reactions: 24
That Squiggle is interesting. Only joined in June. Following just mental health/addiction accounts, oh and a footballer.
Doesn't follow Jack.
Pops up conveniently to give Jack opportunity to say she's not drinking (or putting booze in food).
Also gives Jack another opportunity to interact nicely with a dissenting Squiggle without having tantrum.
Could be innocent, but Jack's got previous for deploying Socks to back her up in a time of need.
Never thought of it like that! I am such an innocent when it comes to Social Media sometimes! 😔

ETA - spelling!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
That Squiggle is interesting. Only joined in June. Following just mental health/addiction accounts, oh and a footballer.
Doesn't follow Jack.
Pops up conveniently to give Jack opportunity to say she's not drinking (or putting booze in food).
Also gives Jack another opportunity to interact nicely with a dissenting Squiggle without having tantrum.
Could be innocent, but Jack's got previous for deploying Socks to back her up in a time of need.
No way would Jack ever question herself like that IMO. It looks like someone who has actually got a grip on their sobriety too (unlike Jack).

• Heart
Reactions: 38
What’s the story with the accounts? Has she submitted them or not to HMRC? They are still showing as overdue.

Reactions: 25
❤ Nigella. Sends a customarily polite response as she's tagged in so many unsolicited replies, but completely ends JM's hopes of a further exchange. 😘

This is true. There is no how did he like it? save me a slice as its one of my faves. Just a cursory response.

Reactions: 23
The minute she opened the door to AA she took on a responsibility and like with everything else, she just doesn’t give a shiny tit about anyone but herself
Yes!! This is perfectly put! Once you go public with anything “big” like that desperate people will look up to you for guidance, so your actions and words really matter. The problem is anyone who’s healthy and self aware enough to understand the importance this has also wouldn’t put themselves in that position, so it’s an empty vessel thing where you only get total narcs like Jackie doing it 😫

You also need to be honest and accountable, Jackie’s lifelong struggle with both of those is why we’re all here. Like I didn’t know about almond oil, I don’t cook that sort of stuff, so I’d either have to be honest with myself when I was making that disgusting sounding salami and discover it’s bad for me and not put it in, or if I ate something with it in be like duck I need to check in with a sponsor/fellow and see what this means / what I should do next? Jackie isn’t so much as capable of admitting freezing glass isn’t great advice to give out to the masses. Even her singular public apology (baby Cameron, RIP and sorry to bring this v upsetting topic up again) came caveated with a reason she wasn’t actually to blame, a huge show with the rehab, all as an attempt to dodge the consequences of her actions. I apologise to my pre verbal child more times a week than Jackie has over a decade of her career of beefing on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Was just reading this article and thought it was interesting as mentions “trendy 0.5% fermented drinks”

Yes!! This is perfectly put! Once you go public with anything “big” like that desperate people will look up to you for guidance, so your actions and words really matter. The problem is anyone who’s healthy and self aware enough to understand the importance this has also wouldn’t put themselves in that position, so it’s an empty vessel thing where you only get total narcs like Jackie doing it 😫

You also need to be honest and accountable, Jackie’s lifelong struggle with both of those is why we’re all here. Like I didn’t know about almond oil, I don’t cook that sort of stuff, so I’d either have to be honest with myself when I was making that disgusting sounding salami and discover it’s bad for me and not put it in, or if I ate something with it in be like duck I need to check in with a sponsor/fellow and see what this means / what I should do next? Jackie isn’t so much as capable of admitting freezing glass isn’t great advice to give out to the masses. Even her singular public apology (baby Cameron, RIP and sorry to bring this v upsetting topic up again) came caveated with a reason she wasn’t actually to blame, a huge show with the rehab, all as an attempt to dodge the consequences of her actions. I apologise to my pre verbal child more times a week than Jackie has over a decade of her career of beefing on Twitter.
I had forgotten about the Cameron comments. Horrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It's a response that doesn't mention the food, just like Nigellas book review didn't mention the food.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I was just looking at Nigella's timeline and what struck me is the amount of people who send her photos of their own attempts at her recipes, to which Nigella replies encouragingly. Anyway, these non professional cooks are making meals which look absolutely amazing - compare and contrast to the kind of photos Jack gets sent, of disgusting sausages and destroyed Breville toasties. I guess that's the difference between writing recipes which are simple yet delicious and writing recipes which are 6 degrees of slop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
a softly gently rinsed has-bean.

Been trying to find ICO- squiggle’s tweet to Jack but can’t and I wanted to follow that thread…1
It was a sub tweet I'm afraid, but you can find a thread back to it via GoHenry squig? (Personally, I love subtweets, insert 'it's the drama' GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I read an article in The Guardian about the creators of Viz magazine and btl commentators were remembering their favourite Viz top tips. One was make your own cheap mini pizzas by putting ketchup and cheese on digestive biscuits.
I have no idea why this made me think of Jack 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 48
She doesnt care, she a hopeless cook and a hopeless influencer.

I was reading in the news about the amy documentary over the weekend and a comment really stuck out.

It said the worse amy got the worse her singing/ music got. I have seen a few of you in here comment that her cooking is getting worse as time goes on.

Im not saying its all down to addictions. ( I do hope shes getting all the help and support she needs for the demons she is fighting) but her attitude and self importance or whats letting her down. She has learned she can literally chuck out any old shite and her little fanatics will eat it up with relish and beg for more.

She needs some tough love, someone to tell her she needs to be more compassionate when dealing with the people she is trying to help and not to let her own self entitlement cloud the issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I thought it was a bit strange Jack had a recipe a few weeks ago (risotto? I think?) that called for white wine so she used non alcoholic. I do not know tbh if this is OK for people in recovery - but it struck me as an odd choice.
I’m by no means an expert on this, so wiser cabal members should correct me if I’m wrong. A lot of addiction is about rituals, so I can imagine that pouring a glass of non-alcoholic wine or opening a non/low alcoholic beer could trigger something in your brain and potentially lead to problems. I can’t imagine that AA recommend that as a replacement.

View attachment 681564
🎶 "one of these things is not like the others and two of them don't belong" 🎶

Alas, as yet no like from bootstrapcock... sad times☹
How come Mx Jack ‘900 recipes a year’ Monroe has such teeny, slim pixie sized books? Do the publishers say ‘we need a minimum of X recipes’ and that’s how many she delivers? No need to answer that.

As for bootstrapcock, let’s not have Kink Jack PLEASE NO.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
How come Mx Jack ‘900 recipes a year’ Monroe has such teeny, slim pixie sized books?
Half the wordcount of each will doubtless be 'remember when I was poor once, my trauma, which SB declared the most delicious of them all' etc etc ad nauseum too.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Half the wordcount of each will doubtless be 'remember when I was poor once, my trauma, which SB declared the most delicious of them all' etc etc ad nauseum too.
The way Jack reads aloud from their own books makes me wonder if they even know what shite they've written to fill it up with!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.