Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It feels like there's been a massive tectonic shift in Jackland. The doors which were once bafflingly open to Jack are closing. Even mom is tiptoeing away.

Maybe it's cos she never did get that drawing of the photo of her garden....🤭🤓

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
The way Jack reads aloud from their own books makes me wonder if they even know what shite they've written to fill it up with!
Having flashbacks to ‘Jackanory’ from last year. Sadly, her reading of the Self Love Stew recipe (Dirty Phonecall Remix) seems to have been deleted from YouTube.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
So she has been back two times since her extended break and caused chaos both times. She just cannot do twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
[QUOTED="Lanie, post: 5747873, member: 42247"]
So she has been back two times since her extended break and caused chaos both times. She just cannot do twitter.
[/QUOTE]
She just cannot do twitter. Insert your own choice of word, cook, write, sing, etc

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She just loves the sound of her own voice, I think!
I watched half of the Edinburgh video before I had to stop because I was rolling my eyes so much. I agree, it was obvious she loves her own voice and revels in the attention. You could almost see the arrogance and self importance ooze from her. I have rarely seen someone so full of themselves. the swagger was off the scale.

It was so easy to dissect and disprove each and every comments Jack was making. Jack was so wrapped up in herself that the exaggerations and lies just poured out of her.

Reactions: 42
I thought it was a bit strange Jack had a recipe a few weeks ago (risotto? I think?) that called for white wine so she used non alcoholic. I do not know tbh if this is OK for people in recovery - but it struck me as an odd choice.
I can’t speak for all alcoholics but my brother is one (but hasn’t had a drink in over 5 years) and whilst he wouldn’t drink an alcohol free beer he would use alcohol free wine in cooking if it was called for in the recipe. Most often however he would prefer not to use it all and just use a stock cube, or water, if it won’t change the flavour too much.

He went to AA for a bit but didn’t jive with it and goes to something else now so recovery groups are obviously not a one size fits all as people have already pointed out. So the same could be said for attitudes towards AF wine etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
A few days ago I said that I think she will never appear again online the way she did.
Well, the last appearance should have taught me a lesson. Probably it is this kind of naivety (I wish I could write good-heartedness) that has made me stay with narcs for a while. I always made excuses for bad behaviour and believed in change.
People rarely change unless they work bloody hard on themselves. The good thing is that I see things a bit sooner than I did in the past. I find it worrying still.

I applaud sensible squig for pointing things out in a calm and rational manner. It is all spot on. While people with an alcohol problem are all the same, just like herbs, I can say that what she does is irresponsible, like always. Performative tit gets priority over responsibility. She does not care at all, if she 'cares' it is performative, too.
Many things can trigger a relapse. If you have spent some time in a programme, no matter which, you will know, even if they are not your own triggers. The chocolate salami contains alcohol. Two Tbspoons. I always left those things out anyway and they don't even need replacing but if I waved AA lingo, I would try to be more careful.
But if anyone did the same to her, she would verbally be at their throats, then everyone would have to display exemplary and considerate behaviour. We can never fully know what triggers what in who but watching her online behaviour, I can safely say she does not care , unless it is all about her.
Her cooking got worse, maybe because she does not have a partner anymore who she needs to impress.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
A few days ago I said that I think she will never appear again online the way she did.
Well, the last appearance should have taught me a lesson. Probably it is this kind of naivety (I wish I could write good-heartedness) that has made me stay with narcs for a while. I always made excuses for bad behaviour and believed in change.
People rarely change unless they work bloody hard on themselves. The good thing is that I see things a bit sooner than I did in the past. I find it worrying still.

I applaud sensible squig for pointing things out in a calm and rational manner. It is all spot on. While people with an alcohol problem are all the same, just like herbs, I can say that what she does is irresponsible, like always. Performative tit gets priority over responsibility. She does not care at all, if she 'cares' it is performative, too.
Many things can trigger a relapse. If you have spent some time in a programme, no matter which, you will know, even if they are not your own triggers. The chocolate salami contains alcohol. Two Tbspoons. I always left those things out anyway and they don't even need replacing but if I waved AA lingo, I would try to be more careful.
But if anyone did the same to her, she would verbally be at their throats, then everyone would have to display exemplary and considerate behaviour. We can never fully know what triggers what in who but watching her online behaviour, I can safely say she does not care , unless it is all about her.
Her cooking got worse, maybe because she does not have a partner anymore who she needs to impress.

The fugue is strangely not stopping her when grifting is concerned. I have got a friend like that. Constantly using imaginary illnesses and conditions to avoid all sorts of things but you should see her jump on her bike when something attractive is happening after just having proclaimed how she is so shaky, unwell, feels unsafe on the streets, is so 'traumatised' to do something.
It is like someone throwing away their walking stick after kissing the virgin Mary in Lourdes.
The thing is of THAT MAN or anyone else she deemed unworthy because they are a man or because they have trod on her toes. She would be front and centre with a veiled comment and her squigs poised for a good twitter spat.

She is a despicable person, self centred, self entitled and only cares when theres attention or a buck to be made, otherwise you cannot see her for the envy she has for the lesser known much better for the job up and coming new TALENT.

Reactions: 29
She will find accountability impossible.
Her insight is performative.
She is only capable of the most superficial form of engagement and it must be visible to others.
I feel sorry for her peers in meetings. Because she is the kind of AA member who will seek to redefine their terms and although 'confront' is the wrong term to use, her behaviour and language will-and should -be gently but firmly redirected. I think this is what squig meant. both in meetings and in group? (Happy to be corrected if I am wrong.)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She’s tying herself in knots now, because she started off by not knowing that good almond extract contains alcohol, she’s basically admitted to substituting amaretto with rapeseed oil, which has to have a huge impact on texture.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
*possibly* thoughtless.

View attachment 681841
Glad too see she still a fan of here. Petal a word of advice. Please just stop and think before you tweet. Also please take care your son isnt a silly little boy he knows you have issues with alcohol no matter how much or how little you have told him, he knows.

Rather than thinking about yourself think of him.stop the performative i am a great mum and be one. Take him to the beach, watch a crappy film, share it if you will be make sure you are doing it for him and not you and your squigs.

On that note i have finally rallied the troops and am off out.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.