Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gratefulness and childhood notalgia (whether food, tv shows or tv adds) are such middle-of-the-road attempts for engagements. Not very maverick or activist....(perhaps that's a bit mean, everybody is entitled to some nostalgia or gratitude, but people mostly like it for sharing their stories, not Jack's one upmanship over instant mash or lollies).

Reactions: 36
"Enough about my nostlagic childhood snack, what do you think about my nostalgic childhood snack?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Has dad's triffle made an appearance yet? I can't be bothered reading her tweets.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The funny thing is that Jack's gonna Jack. When people respond with a story of their own, she cannot help herself but has to outo them in her response or make it her own in some way (she does it better/differrent or will have a differnt name for it, a better memory or says she will try it perhaps with an adjustment).

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Someone has tweeted this picture at her on the back of the Breville chat and yet again <Carrie Bradshaw voice> I can't help but wonder ..... why does Jack, an alleged cook, only inspire her readers to post about the most disgusting food.

E7JpX1qWEAMNxlS.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I don't believe a single word that flows out the tips of her hand sausages. Where are the pics of these jolly good crumpet-pizzas? She would show them. As for very ill and "didn't know what to say about it all'' ....wow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
She won't be able to keep it up. Someone will say something innocuous but Jack will take it the wrong way and bite back. The sweet and sickly replies will be done with and snappy Jack will be back soon enough. I can almost see it already.
I’m here for it!
I’m currently on a bus, my estimate is by the time it arrives at The destination at 16.35 there will already be a deletion or two!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She really is the Peter Kay of the culinary world, isn’t she?

“Anyone here remember toast? It wasn’t great wasn’t it. What about nougat, Babybel, Sherbert Dabs…”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I always find it so transparrent when people with large followings go an a nostalgia engagement tour in order to up thair stats.

Reactions: 51
Here comes Dr Dr Jackyll with a very transparent desperate plea for engagement. Now to wait until Mx Hyde shows up to berate a squig or cry about the horrid cabal of bullies who have been pursuing her even though she is extremely NOT WELL.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
She's just posted that she feels 'dead posh' for owning a Breville 🙄, which was a gift obviously 🙄🙄🙄
I read the squiggle as being sarcastic that their sons, raised on griddled sourdough, now feel that the brevity toastie machine is the height of cookery. Then Jack didn’t read the sarcasm, took it literally and went “I’ve got lil’ urchin me one of thems fancy ‘lecktric machines, I didn’t buy it though. I feel a Baron or a Duke with it I does”. head.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.