Jack Monroe #198 Marcus! Marcus! Marcus!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a look at Jack's agent's website, and the information there is so out of date. If your own agent doesn't even give a tit...then....

Also...OT....was back in the underpass today and finally got a pic of my favourite graffiti:

IMG_20210720_100952_7.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I don't care if the chicken is the one who killed Barbara Chickens in cold blood, none of them deserve to be microwaved as a pit-stop on their way to complete molecular annihilation. Won't somebody please think of the waning glove population?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Is she suggesting to microwave a raw chicken or one of those pre roasted numbers? The raw chicken would stink surely? Wouldn’t it splatter all over the microwave? 🤢

this reminds me I still need to buy those mushrooms for my beloved @Pocahontas

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
My mother does roast chicken in the microwave. She's got one of those combi microwaves, it cooks it part by microwave, part by convection, it actually turns out very well and only takes about 40 minutes.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
We just need a Camilla (Emerald Fennell? 😘) in the background to be the one catching Charles’ eye.
I'd love a thread on Emerald Fennell for pics, but I'm worried she might be an awful person and she's in my top 5 crushes right now.

I knew someone whose oven broke one Xmas day so they cooked the turkey in the dishwasher. You apparently have to run it for hours and wrap it tightly in foil. It's basically like boil cooking something. Apparently the white meat was OK but obviously the skin doesn't crisp up or anything. There was also some stupid trend of dishwasher salmon years ago. Oh duck I'm giving Jack ideas.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I keep crisps in our (unused) dishwasher, so sadly can't cook in it .

Originally we did it to hide them from the tiny dinos, and it's just become their home

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
it's just stupid. i mean, don't put too much water so it doesn't leak, but put in a bowl cos it will leak. pierce cling film so steam can escape, but also put a saucer on top to keep the cling film in place. now pour all of the escaped water back into the mug, make good and sure you take all the cling film off before microwaving it yet again...

just mind boggingly, gob smackingly stupid
Exactly my thoughts. Why has she made it so complicated? (Actually don’t answer this, I already know 😂😂😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Jack would never have such a luxury item as a DISHWASHER. Didn’t you know SHE RENTS!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Don’t forget the sloppies too! Multi award winner.

Completely off topic, do they have the pistachio brittle? I could go and forensically search but my nearest Lidl is 40 mins away!
I didn't see any but then I stayed away from the sweets because I would just have bought baklava and hated myself for being a fat pig!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is she suggesting to microwave a raw chicken or one of those pre roasted numbers? The raw chicken would stink surely? Wouldn’t it splatter all over the microwave? 🤢

this reminds me I still need to buy those mushrooms for my beloved @Pocahontas
Won’t somebody think of the yield?!

Re: the chicken in the microwave - don’t they cook like a whole roast chicken from a tablet in The Fifth Element? Good grief, Jack really is Woman of the Future. The award was deserved.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Won’t somebody think of the yield?!

Re: the chicken in the microwave - don’t they cook like a whole roast chicken from a tablet in The Fifth Element? Good grief, Jack really is Woman of the Future. The award was deserved.
You can cook a whole chicken in a foodie ninja, on pressure cooker 40 mins and like air fry for 10 mins to crisp the skin. Tried it and its good. Not attempted the other methods apart from oven and dont think i will either. Soz missy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.