Jack Monroe #198 Marcus! Marcus! Marcus!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm showing my age here but I remember Sammie and Katie Rogers cooking a turkey in the microwave one Christmas, way back in the depths of time

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I keep crisps in our (unused) dishwasher, so sadly can't cook in it .

Originally we did it to hide them from the tiny dinos, and it's just become their home
Yes I used to hide the alcohol in the tumble dryer.
My friend hid hers in the laundry basket.

(To stop our rebellious teens drinking it all)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If Jack does tweet, bets on whether they manage to work the words 'when I was a single mother on benefits' into their reply.

'absolute love'
'three lions'
'heres that video again'

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
looks like the spectator's coming for Jack's bestie. I look forward to the supportive tweets 😶

View attachment 671893
I appreciate what he is doing but he kind of now sounds like hes preaching. I am all for the quiet good deeds and let them speak for him. Its one of my pet hates woth her, she cannot fart for charity without mentioning it.

Reactions: 13
We cook a turkey on the bbq sometimes.
That sounds quite normal in the southern hemisphere or any other place. Love the BBQ culture, it is bleeping ace. I think just mentioning that a chicken can be roasted in a microwave is irresponsible. mary berry probably knows how, but the average person who has only has a microwave is unlikely to appreciate the half-cooked/half burned chicken with fat spilling out of the microwave.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think I have 🔺🔺🔺🔺 where Jack is.
We are having record breaking heat and there is a place called Ballywattycock which had the highest temperature on record in NI.

good news is there is a Belfast restaurant which appears to have hired Jack because these are their latest new menu items which look amazingly seasonal😂😂

(I’m sure thesedishes probably taste lovely but they aren’t exactly heatwave safe!)

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
@schmetterling I can't believe you've done this. I feel ill. That rinsed lasagne with beef fat is a crime on par with Jack's horse sauce lasagne. The chunky reused water for boiling :sick: that's a woman after Jack's own dear heart. They should exchange emails about the secondhand light bulb market.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I don't care if the chicken is the one who killed Barbara Chickens in cold blood, none of them deserve to be microwaved as a pit-stop on their way to complete molecular annihilation. Won't somebody please think of the waning glove population?
IIRC Barbara herself was the chicken killer, and was attacked in retaliation for killing Kendra Hen in “a narcissistic rage”. Terry the Sparrow wouldn’t have lasted even a second around those lot. He’d be begging you to roast him in a micro-wha-vay

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I bloody love this - can this get a Sloppie?!

OT: Can you imagine if Jack got her day in court and the screenshots of the Sloppies and all of @Alansbigplate amazing work was read out/had to be explained to the judge?

I’m also now having a moment of panic that I’ve misremembered the name of the Sloppies - that is what they were called right?! I think I’m having my own little chaos.

I think it is safe to say that The Sloppies were every Frau's highlight of the year. Before the invention of the Sloppies we hooted at the idea of turning up in court and having read out our user names having dressed up in what would make Viv (RIP) and Elton John look like accountants.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Ah Marcus can raise his profile, earn cash and do good all at the same time ffs.
Typical of a poor black man, hitting the big time and making commercially sound decisions whilst also donating to charity and raising the profile of social issues TUT

• Heart
Reactions: 52
IIRC Barbara herself was the chicken killer, and was attacked in retaliation for killing Kendra Hen in “a narcissistic rage”. Terry the Sparrow wouldn’t have lasted even a second around those lot. He’d be begging you to roast him in a micro-wha-vay
Apologies for misremembering, I was so traumatised upon hearing of the event that when I think of it I go into a fugue state and get very confused. On one occasion I walked to Asda, bought a loaf of bread and was most of the way home before realising I had neither butter nor toaster. I hoofed the whole lot out of the bag in one sitting which fortunately resolved the situation.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Apologies for misremembering, I was so traumatised upon hearing of the event that when I think of it I go into a fugue state and get very confused. On one occasion I walked to Asda, bought a loaf of bread and was most of the way home before realising I had neither butter nor toaster. I hoofed the whole lot out of the bag in one sitting which fortunately resolved the situation.
No worries TS, we’ll have to book you in for 12 weeks of day therapy and you need to live in an aparthotel, that should sort you out.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
@schmetterling I can't believe you've done this. I feel ill. That rinsed lasagne with beef fat is a crime on par with Jack's horse sauce lasagne. The chunky reused water for boiling :sick: that's a woman after Jack's own dear heart. They should exchange emails about the secondhand light bulb market.
I’m so sorry Sidey T! Maybe they are lost twins separated at birth by the Slop Fairy who couldn’t deal with too much rinsed food crime in one country.
Can I offer you a 100% vegan egg in these trying times by way of apology?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Dishwasher cooking is more prevalent than I thought. Seeing it once in this clip was enough for me :oops:
#freepatrick

If that video is true then she is an abuser and Patrick and the kids should get away from her!

I appreciate what he is doing but he kind of now sounds like hes preaching. I am all for the quiet good deeds and let them speak for him. Its one of my pet hates woth her, she cannot fart for charity without mentioning it.
He should have just ignored the article. He's got the right to earn money however he wants, and some right wing rag trying to discredit him shouldn't bother him.

Yeah, it's a bit performative like someone saying she is donating the fees for interviews to hungry kids but at least he is genuinely making a difference.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.