Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks! I’m wondering if it’s too early for a hair of the dog to get those mental images out my head.

I think I found Jack’s most ridiculously descriptive recipe yet for what’s basically a hard boiled egg in a mug with some butter mashed into it. It covers topics from gender to puberty, parenting, self-care and kale. For an egg.

Eggy cup?? LJC

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Criminally neglected by the food media has taken me out. What about all the things that have been criminally neglected by Jack Monroe, squig?? The pets, the work she's supposed to actually do, the pasta on the This Morning slot. I mean come on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Eggy cup is a Northern Irish delicacy, most start with their mum/granny making it for them as a child but it's just as delicious in adulthood. Jack NEGLECTED to add its origin story. No doubt her mother made it often. AKA eggs bate up in a cup

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Eggy cup is a Northern Irish delicacy, most start with their mum/granny making it for them as a child but it's just as delicious in adulthood. Jack NEGLECTED to add its origin story. No doubt her mother made it often. AKA eggs bate up in a cup
You mean it’s didn’t start in 1999 because Jack had a headache because she wasn’t like other girls?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Let's never forget you can still get wet in the rain even if you went to a grammar school too.

Jack is facts.

I LOVE FACTS.

• Haha
I’m just hoping Northern Irish Jack doesn’t appear overnight as I will be hungover tomorrow and have to work so can’t be dealing with it!

i wonder how they physically stop her from the internet so well. Everyone is jumping on the ‘it’s coming home’ bandwagon apart from Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’m just hoping Northern Irish Jack doesn’t appear overnight as I will be hungover tomorrow and have to work so can’t be dealing with it!
well if there ever was a day for Northern Irish Jack to appear, tomorrow is it…

1626019707305.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 39

I half imagine Jack sitting typing furiously writing an opinion piece about loving kickyball despite knowing nothing about it then have found Mom already did in 2009 😂😂

Am bored now waiting on the match to start, can someone candy man a chaos please?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Thanks! I’m wondering if it’s too early for a hair of the dog to get those mental images out my head.

I think I found Jack’s most ridiculously descriptive recipe yet for what’s basically a hard boiled egg in a mug with some butter mashed into it. It covers topics from gender to puberty, parenting, self-care and kale. For an egg.

I know. It's a waste of bleeping brain cells reading it. I sometimes wonder if Jack was a creation of Sue Townsend (RIP) and it has all gone a bit far.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Can you imagine how much of an actual melt you have to be to think that being a child enjoying egg in a cup and having a headache during your teenage years makes you not like other girls?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Can you imagine how much of an actual melt you have to be to think that being a child enjoying egg in a cup and having a headache during your teenage years makes you not like other girls?
she was diagnosed as gifted remember, the troubled southend child prodigy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I'll avoid quoting myself like a dick from earlier on today but I'm sensing a theme, always telling us she's not like other povs, too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I can't think of many food personalities who have had the amount of attention that Monroe has over the years. It is the very opposite of criminal neglect. For a time, her every fart was newsworthy. Yet she has squandered so many opportunities, from turning up obnoxiously pissed and stoned to food media events in the past with a pissed and obnoxious plus one in tow, to failing to turn in work, or turning in substandard work, and being so obvious in her lies about the where's and whys of her tardiness and failures that they insult the very marrow of the people who have commissioned and/or championed her.

She is toxic now. And most of her blue ticks are legacy follows and they don't quite know how they can withdraw support without looking like cunts or having her go postal on them (because they have stupidly confided in her).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Has anyone seen this video of Uncle Roger reviewing Mom? Wonder what he would make of our smol smart price pixie mom.

Uncle Roger cracks me up - I hadn't seen this one! I love the outtakes especially 😂

Can confirm Scouse nans also make this. My nan used to call it choppy egg. As did I.
When I was five.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm glad she waited until I went to bed last night to unleash the full force of her return to form. The irony of a tweet saying she's now self-aware combined with the complete lack of self-awareness <chef's kiss> I'd say never change, Jack but you never will. Also I can tell that Autistic Jack is just around the corner and I don't think I can cope. OK Google, is it possible to get so angry your head actually explodes? OK Google, add tarpaulins to my shopping list.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I'm glad she waited until I went to bed last night to unleash the full force of her return to form. The irony of a tweet saying she's now self-aware combined with the complete lack of self-awareness <chef's kiss> I'd say never change, Jack but you never will. Also I can tell that Autistic Jack is just around the corner and I don't think I can cope. OK Google, is it possible to get so angry your head actually explodes? OK Google, add tarpaulins to my shopping list.
Sounds like you need an Eggy cup.

• Haha
Can confirm Scouse nans also make this. My nan used to call it choppy egg. As did I.
When I was five.
Manc thing too. I understood that it was basically a Chucky/dippy (soft boiled) egg, shelled and mashed up in a mug. We didn’t have them at home but loads of my mates did. I suspect many of my mates didn’t have egg cups for Chucky eggs and actually eating a chucky egg in a cup, on your sofa, was much easier and less mess than sitting at the table with an egg cup dealing with egg shells. I was so jealous of them...but often felt brews at their house tasted a bit eggy 🤮
Fancy that though 50 years ago - all my mates, not like other girls 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
But Orphy B, I am 100% vegan! I don't like to mention it because I get so much abuse from mithering ninnies. What would you recommend instead, a tofu-mushroom cup? Do you think chickpea ephemera would help? Thankyou x in advance esteemed and dear heart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.