Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
Wow I’ve heard of it? So hard to get a table though 😂
It must be full of clebs, 'cause it was so dark I couldn't see inside. I wonder how much membership is?

I must stop prevaricating, putting off the walk to the hospital. I don't know why but today I feel really nervous. I have spent so many hours in hospital in my life, but today feels different. This is the 4th different cancer I have faced, overcome the others, and will this one. Fear of the unknown I suppose. All my treatments have been in Manchester before.

Enough of off topic me. I wonder if kicky ball Jack will be back for the final. I would love to hear her informed opinion. After all, she once stood next to MR, she will no doubt know all about it. She gains knowledge by osmosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 103

MancBee

VIP Member
I am back home (well at partner's parents) after what was traumatic, embarrassing and very painful, but glad it is over. I will leave it there as I don't want the mods having to bring the thread back on topic.

We have started to watch "The Deceived" on Netflix. 15 minutes in and the new girlfriend of the widowed lecturer goes into the room of the deceased.

Roisin was a writer and as the new girlfriend goes into the room she is confronted by a wall of Post Its. All colour coded. All representing paragraphs of the book she was writing. All stuck to the wall in an almost identical grid to Jack's effort. It is not just similar, it is a direct copy.

Jack has probably watched the series while she has been "away", after all she has little else to do. Then her "ADHD puppy brain" had this hilarious idea of how to hoodwink the cabal. Jack then replicated the scene to see how long it would be before any of us recognised it. She will be chuckling away now thinking that it has taken us so long to realise. She really is that ridiculous (in my opinion).

Then she lapped up the praise from the sycophantic followers, knowing full well that it was nothing to do with her "ADHD puppy brain", and everything to do with the writer of the TV mini series. It would be embarrassing if it weren't so pathetic.

Off to catch up now.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
The ridiculous origins of all her belongings are my favourite. She can't just go to a normal shop and buy something full price, it has to be an unwieldy piece of antique furniture purchased for £3.50 from a shop six miles away that she had to carry home on her back in a torrential downpour, slithering along on the floor in arthritic agony like some horrid grifty snail.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86

MancBee

VIP Member
I have arrived at the hotel. They've given me a top floor room. So using Jack's hyperbolic language, I'm in a penthouse suite.

It is 12 floors up, so has fantastic views across the city too. I'm so pleased I chose here. Bargain.

I would have liked to go to one of those independent burger places so beloved by Jack, but there's none close by. I think they are called Five Guys. There's not even a Dishoom close enough to walk to. What sort of a place is this?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
A recent one: to ICO squiggle

Can't possibly check my inbox as my laptop is 40miles away in a box.

- Jack uploads photo of herself at her teeny tiny desk with a blazer pocket full of pens and her.....laptop.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
As if it couldn’t get more mortifying, the video doesn’t even prove her claims. She meets him for the first time in a video sponsored by GQ/Burberry to “teach” him how to cook meat balls. There’s absolutely no rapport and the food looks bleak, it’s even joked about isn’t it?

He then leaves that day and never follows her back, tweets her back the once after she makes repeated @s towards him (including the downright racist one), and MR partners with actual WC has experienced being poor (but is clear he never suffered from hunger) Tom Kerridge.

It’s pretty damning tbh I’d keep that one on the down low Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
I’m not a violent person but every time Jack mentions “ADHD puppy brain” I feel the need to commit physical assault

*hyperbolic joke not a threat your honour but seriously, Jack, you sad little bastard who’s already bedded down for the night at 7pm on a Saturday: stop infantilising people who aren’t neurotypical and making it seem like it’s a romp in the park with added ephredrine.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78