Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hancock has gone up in my estimation...didn’t think he had it in him. She’s well out of his league as well.

On topic, I like Jacks fringe I think it looks good. Also Jack hasn’t kept up the eyebrow maintenance and the fringe hides them so win win.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I am just throwing a 'chin up and don't be too hard on yourself' in. And make sure you treat yourself a bit this weekend. Cupcakes anyone?
Should I buy a bath bomb, a scented candle and listen to some up-tempo 80's crappy music whilst turning to a prune in the bath?

memememememe Had some really crappy health news yesterday. Trying to take it all in and make sense of it all. I have just got over one type of cancer, all clear in a letter a few weeks ago. End of the lockdown in sight, things are finally looking more positive.

Then the doctor rang out of the blue mid afternoon, only to tell me I most likely have another type of cancer. Emergency admission to a London hospital one day next week for biopsies, but my scans/blood tests/physical examination last week are pretty conclusive.

I am always positive about prospects, but even I am finding it hard this time. The thought of going through treatment and operations again just fills me with despair. Fingers crossed they have got it wrong this time.

Thanks to you lot of ninnies for providing me with a distraction, humour and support. It really does help.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 152
Should I buy a bath bomb, a scented candle and listen to some up-tempo 80's crappy music whilst turning to a prune in the bath?

memememememe Had some really crappy health news yesterday. Trying to take it all in and make sense of it all. I have just got over one type of cancer, all clear in a letter a few weeks ago. End of the lockdown in sight, things are finally looking more positive.

Then the doctor rang out of the blue mid afternoon, only to tell me I most likely have another type of cancer. Emergency admission to a London hospital one day next week for biopsies, but my scans/blood tests/physical examination last week are pretty conclusive.

I am always positive about prospects, but even I am finding it hard this time. The thought of going through treatment and operations again just fills me with despair. Fingers crossed they have got it wrong this time.

Thanks to you lot of ninnies for providing me with a distraction, humour and support. It really does help.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that.
That's really unfair and you've been such a trooper always giving us perceptive and witty posts and all the time facing your own personal battle.
I know it's not much consolation but I think you've been very brave and have dealt with things brilliantly.
My husband had a very aggressive form of cancer once and lived to tell the tale so fingers crossed you will be the same.
I hope you have a good support network around you with friends and family to rally round and you always have us and I hope you reach out any time you need us.
Sending love and my support (as I'm sure are many others).
All the best ❤ and take care.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

So sorry to hear it. Hoping the treatment goes well x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Oh @MancBee, hugest of hugs. I would prescribe a nice course of Toploader, or a bold red lip (singular à la Sali Hughes 🤨), but that’s as far as my medical knowledge goes, sorry. Hope your real doctors are better at this kind of thing xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Sorry to hear this MancBee. We all love you such a lot and hope it's not as serious as your fear xx

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Pants, double pants, double loon pants, double loon pants with naff patches on..... may I recommend Agadoo? Won't help remotely but will give you something else to swear at...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

so sorry. really hope everything turns out ok for you. you're such a wise, witty, knowledgeable presence here. massive hugs 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 41

I'm notoriously bad at knowing what to say at times like this, so I will stick to sending love to one of the nicest people I 'know'.
We are always here x

• Heart
Reactions: 43

I am so sorry to read this and this is indeed a harsh rollercoaster and I can't just find the right words for that.
Just be glad that you have not 🔺yourself too much- knowing how caring the group of bullying Hausfrauen ninnies are, we would all turn up at the hospital to hold hands and sing you 'uplifting' songs, there would be guitars and at least one person would hammer one-handed into a crappy keyboard.
I hope we can continue to make you laugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I am just glad

Aww manc bee thats really tit. Hope it all goes as well as possible. We are always here to lend an ear if you need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

So sorry to read this @MancBee. Fingers crossed here for you too.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
No more bylines in accidental places either. No one needs another rehash of the poverty story!!!

Writer AND author is a bit much. It's not like she's wrote a novel!
At least the word 'tasty' wasn't used anywhere near the word 'food'. Although 'food' is flirting with trade descriptions legislation a bit.

Lots of love to @MancBee #CanalStrong

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.