Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus they will claim they are press etc. You're an online magazine that hardly anyone reads. I mean that's pushing it isn't it? Yes everyone has to start somewhere but as such, you don't stroll in like Billy Big bollocks expecting places to gift a free stay.

You might have to (*shudder*) pay for it yourself!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
As we all know, apart hotels are essential to good mental health.
Therefore, why doesn’t the Breakdown source reviews from its readers who, because they are keen on looking after their mental health, will all have recently stayed in an aparthotel? 🙃
Also they’ve got one in the bag- their regular columnist Fack just sewed a secret self help message on to the pocket of a denim shirt whilst in an aparthotel! Ready made article -I think so!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
maybe Jack's conserving energy for a big chaos for the anniversary of Thread 31 on Thursday? maybe even planning a return? 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I booked a hotel stay recently our first since last summer. I sourced it and booked it the old fashioned way.

I typed hotel deals into Google for certain dates and a certain price, in a certain place and hey presto. Hotel booked. No crappy influencer opinions needed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I booked a hotel stay recently our first since last summer. I sourced it and booked it the old fashioned way.

I typed hotel deals into Google for certain dates and a certain price, in a certain place and hey presto. Hotel booked. No crappy influencer opinions needed.
And you could even read real reviews for free on trip advisor!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

But my mental health prevents me from using Google, entering my credit card details, or staying in hotels below a 4 star. Any of these things will cause an immediate relapse of my depression.

I can, however, spend 20 hours a day on Twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I clicked on an article in The Breakdown that was one big undeclared advert for a CBD lube. I don’t really know how it’s allowed.
Jack is still listed as part of the team in ‘About Us’

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I clicked on an article in The Breakdown that was one big undeclared advert for a CBD lube. I don’t really know how it’s allowed.
Jack is still listed as part of the team in ‘About Us’
A lot of the site is just crap guest blogs for SEO. So many blogs have this now. It'll just be some useless generic article like "10 tips for when you're feeling down" and it'll have some sneaky link to life insurance or double glazing or something. I once worked for an SEO agency, and they used to pay from £150-300 to place those guest blogs, so if you have a site with a decent domain authority score, you can make cash from it.

The first article I clicked on was about post-birth recovery. It didn't have much in the way of citations or proper research, but the last two paragraphs manage to advertise some range of nonsense post-birth products. Oh and there's an entire article about those ugly Snag Tights. Wow, my mental health issues have been cured by buying tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Hadnt seen this before - actually died laughing before she’d even spoken. The breathing. So loud. SO LOUD.
What are those couple of words she mumbles right at the beginning 0-1 seconds? Just before the breathing starts.

I am now off to listen to Kate Bush and Breathing.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
HG just posted yesterday on twitter about how she's repping the CBD stuff and wants to do advertorials in other publications! Also, how's this for advertising - under the guise of ~self care~ of course ... https://the-breakdown.co.uk/neals-y...x-reminded-me-of-what-self-care-is-all-about/
Doesn't Neal's Yard have a dodgy MLM arm?

In Jack's absence I read the PTWM wiki this morning. Good grief!! Why are there so many of these people?!! And with such followings? So many of the wikis basically tell the same story. It's really depressing how prevalent it is.

I've managed to maintain an almost daily Yoga practice since the beginning of the year. I feel so great that I've managed to keep it up and am definitely stronger and have pretty good balance now. I can even do a headstand! I haven't been bragging about it on social media though because that's not really the point is it. I can take or leave some of the yoga speak though

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Doesn't Neal's Yard have a dodgy MLM arm?

In Jack's absence I read the PTWM wiki this morning. Good grief!! Why are there so many of these people?!! And with such followings? So many of the wikis basically tell the same story. It's really depressing how prevalent it is.

I've managed to maintain an almost daily Yoga practice since the beginning of the year. I feel so great that I've managed to keep it up and am definitely stronger and have pretty good balance now. I can even do a headstand! I haven't been bragging about it on social media though because that's not really the point is it. I can take or leave some of the yoga speak though
That’s the real tragedy and in particularly the case of PTWM, lots of people were not only taken in by what was being said, but they parted with hard earned cash too. A more escalated travesty than Jack’s patreons but it amounts to a lot of people giving money to what they think are their definition of a good cause and it never making it there.

I’m so glad I’m in my 40s now because I know 15-20 years ago I would have bought into the whole influencer thing. I was already dreadful with money and had a chronic lack of self-esteem so I would’ve spent hours thinking these people had the perfect life whilst buying anything and everything I thought would help me get what they had

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
That’s the real tragedy and in particularly the case of PTWM, lots of people were not only taken in by what was being said, but they parted with hard earned cash too. A more escalated travesty than Jack’s patreons but it amounts to a lot of people giving money to what they think are their definition of a good cause and it never making it there.

I’m so glad I’m in my 40s now because I know 15-20 years ago I would have bought into the whole influencer thing. I was already dreadful with money and had a chronic lack of self-esteem so I would’ve spent hours thinking these people had the perfect life whilst buying anything and everything I thought would help me get what they had
I think I've been quite lucky to escape much of the influencer, particularly mummy blogger, set. I had my first child in 2014 when they really started to take off and I would say I'm probably their prime target audience. Luckily seeing lots of pictures of other people's kids didn't interest me or seem right so I just didn't follow along much. A lot of my friends did/do though. 😟

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
@MancBee I've listened to it quite a few times and it sounds like 'and a comment'. After replaying that initial two seconds so many times I now have extreme anxiety from Jack's massive face looming over me. Fortunately thanks to that serendipitous #gifted AD I've just put in an order for some Neal's Yard Remedies and I'm feeling better already.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
HG just posted yesterday on twitter about how she's repping the CBD stuff and wants to do advertorials in other publications! Also, how's this for advertising - under the guise of ~self care~ of course ... https://the-breakdown.co.uk/neals-y...x-reminded-me-of-what-self-care-is-all-about/
"I’m also happy to report that skincare has now become a part of my self-care."

Oh, piss off.

I was reading this article about Delia Smith and the advice she gave to new cooks was a mile away from 'just bung it in a curry' / 'all herbs are the same'. Actual useful basic tips. https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...-she-has-taught-us-from-eggs-to-lemon-zesters

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I just read the PTWM wiki. Holy bleeping tit.

Where are the exposés on these grifting duck heads!

She actually set up GoFundMe(s) for a house deposit! So much money from people unaccounted for. I don't know how these people can sleep at night.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.